• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll never worry about Malaysian workers being prevented from working in Singapore by their own government. It will be a big worry for the Johor Sultan if so many of their people will have no jobs in Johor and there are definitely not enough vacancies to employ these people domestically. not to mention the much lower nett wages (due to the exchange rate), if it will ever happen. Besides, these people may even turn against their government as the 1:3 rate is too alluring.
One may disagree with what TM is doing, and even the way he goes abt it. If you stand from the viewpoint of a M'sian, you will back him as he is trying to do good M'sian even to the detriment of foreigners. After all, this is the duty of a good and responsible government.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
One may disagree with what TM is doing, and even the way he goes abt it. If you stand from the viewpoint of a M'sian, you will back him as he is trying to do good M'sian even to the detriment of foreigners. After all, this is the duty of a good and responsible government.

Of course, when you compare TM and LHL run Government, Singaporean is being sold out for the sake of PAP.
Many die hard PAP fan is asking for more.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is still early to judge if what the old man is currently doing is indeed paving the way for Anwar or for his own son. Previously, he had said to rule for a maximum of 2 years, but now he says that if the people will want him to stay on, he will do so. If politicians can be trusted, pigs will fly.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is still early to judge if what the old man is currently doing is indeed paving the way for Anwar or for his own son. Previously, he had said to rule for a maximum of 2 years, but now he says that if the people will want him to stay on, he will do so. If politicians can be trusted, pigs will fly.

I agree with you that in general, politicians cannot be trusted. But if you were a M'sian, wouldn't you be supportive if he is trying to do good for his own country men as against what has been happening in the past decade? The jury is still out; although it's still a long shot, but if this new govt with the injection of DAP talents manage to swing the country around when the next Sg elections come around, it will be an interesting event to watch.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you that in general, politicians cannot be trusted. But if you were a M'sian, wouldn't you be supportive if he is trying to do good for his own country men as against what has been happening in the past decade? The jury is still out; although it's still a long shot, but if this new govt with the injection of DAP talents manage to swing the country around when the next Sg elections come around, it will be an interesting event to watch.

What I hate is that this old man is always specifically against Singapore. Does he really need to do that, considering that the people on both sides had been neighbors since history. I'm sure many Singaporeans will have relatives in Malaysia and vice versa. Why does he constantly need to stir unnecessary disputes and disharmony? Just look at how he's creating fear and anxiety to those Sinkies residing in JB now with the termination of MACS. Without MACS and worse still if also without the MM2H, these Sinkies will be at the mercy of their immigration officers on a daily basis as had already happened. Is such a drastic move really necessary? A bloody wicked old man.

What good he had exactly done for Malaysia during his last premiership was quite doubtful. Racial politics and suppressing the minority races are his ace during his term previously. What about his "Mr 10%" nickname? Anyway, the verdict of how will Malaysia eventually evolve during his current term should be in 2 years from now. Frankly, I'm still of the opinion that Anwar will eventually be played out by him. Recalling how he had pulled down the clean and innocent Pak Lah when the latter did not abide to his wants would have sufficed my judgement on this old man.

I've said before, if and only if, the Singapore Opposition Parties will unite and form a coalition party at the next GE, declare during their election rallies that if they are voted into government, the ERP and GST will be abolished, LHL will then be peeing in his pants. He will also be forced to change course if he still wants the PAP to be the government of the day. But, can such a scenario really happen? Until the day the Singapore Oppositions will "talk nicely" to each other, then we can come back to debate on this issue.

Last edited:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've said before, if and only if, the Singapore Opposition Parties will unite and form a coalition party at the next GE, declare during their election rallies that if they are voted into government, the ERP and GST will be abolished, LHL will then be peeing in his pants. He will also be forced to change course if he still wants the PAP to be the government of the day. But, can such a scenario really happen? Until the day the Singapore Oppositions will "talk nicely" to each other, then we can come back to debate on this issue.

Would it be inconceivable that the next Sg elections yield a minority government? Meaning PAP secures less than 50% of the seats and has to bring in 1 of the opposition party in order to form the government; and therefore will have to fine tune policies going forward.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately, the jams at the causeway and Tuas link have gotten worse. I just took a look at Cheskpoint.SG. It reported 100-130 mins and 61-91 mins to enter M'sia from the causeway and Tuas respectively. Seems rather strange that traffic is that heavy on a non working Saturday morning, especially from Tuas. Any speculations or explanations why this is happening?

Scorp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately, the jams at the causeway and Tuas link have gotten worse. I just took a look at Cheskpoint.SG. It reported 100-130 mins and 61-91 mins to enter M'sia from the causeway and Tuas respectively. Seems rather strange that traffic is that heavy on a non working Saturday morning, especially from Tuas. Any speculations or explanations why this is happening?
I've been stuck here at Tuas for 1 hour, still not yet pass SG side... according to app, JB customs looks clear though..

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been stuck here at Tuas for 1 hour, still not yet pass SG side... according to app, JB customs looks clear though..
Just took a look at Checkpoint.sg again. It's now 15:40. The situation looks just as bad, 75-105 mins & 41-62 mins. The queue seems to be built on the Sg side. But why there are still so many people crossing over o M'sia, given that it's not a school holiday season?

Scorp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just took a look at Checkpoint.sg again. It's now 15:40. The situation looks just as bad, 75-105 mins & 41-62 mins. The queue seems to be built on the Sg side. But why there are still so many people crossing over o M'sia, given that it's not a school holiday season?
Yes, build up on SG side. JB clear. Maybe for the durians .. they sure are cheap! In front of Giant BI selling rm10 for 3 durian... very nice. Going back in SG now.. very smooth.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
MACS is not a permit to let one stay or work in a country.

MACS is a pass to let one scan the passport in the immigration to enter JB without any "chop" or "stamp", whatever name it is..

MM2H is a permit to stay n live in Malaysia depending on the years approved by the Gov.

Hope that helps..

I asked the jb immigration regarding Macs just now,The officer says Macs is scrapped due to abuse by some.She did not elaborate further.When asked,she said that for those who have property in jb can instead apply for Long Term pass aka Yellow card.She says that the application can be made at or near Setia Tropika.Dont know how credible is the info.....Any input from you guys?

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia-vs-Singapore-infographic-part-1.png

Malaysia-vs-Singapore-infographic-part-2.png

Linsanitee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder why so many of my friends trying to get a singaporean boyfriend. Marrying a singaporean guy can really help them get PR status and hv a comfortable life in future.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before GE14, the cost of living on both sides of the causeway was up and up. PH promised to tackle this issue and I guess this was the main reason they were voted in. One can already predict the Sg cost of living in the coming few years based on what's announced and signals sent, e.g. utilities, GST. transport fare etc. It will be interesting to do the study for the next 2 years if you can find the time.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder why so many of my friends trying to get a singaporean boyfriend. Marrying a singaporean guy can really help them get PR status and hv a comfortable life in future.

My work place and interviewee i met...believe me...TONS of them!!!

Some husb and wife, both are SPRs jiuhukia!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought guys marrying them , guys will have a better future and stay far far away from this Singkie land.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jiuhukia will never lose out holding SPR statues. Smart one will not renounce their blue ic.

Sinkie garment issue PR statues like tissue papers. Try getting Msia PR..is near impossible!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
MACS is not a permit to let one stay or work in a country.

MACS is a pass to let one scan the passport in the immigration to enter JB without any "chop" or "stamp", whatever name it is..

MM2H is a permit to stay n live in Malaysia depending on the years approved by the Gov.

Hope that helps..

Absolutely, thanks for helping to clarify and clear doubts here.
One can actually get MACS (normally after you get your MM2H) unless you already have alternate visas to stay on in Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.