• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is impacting the one in SG only:
http://www.thirdlink.com.sg/index.html

Called up IRDA this afternoon and its still operational for the one in JB. MACS is not a VISA and not an entitlement, it is only used to speed up the entry and exit with the added benefit that you don't need to have multiple stamps filling up the passport quickly.

Hi RafflesTiger, so long and good to see your username in use again, here to entertain us with more stories of "your stay" in JB.

Guys, bro Wu already confirm only the singapore macs affected and jb still can do. He already call the office liao.

Sambalicious

wuqi256 did confirm on Tuesday June 19 that IRDA was still issuing the passes. But my friend who lives in one of the Iskandar communities told me last Wednesday June 27 that the IRDA Danga Bay office is no longer issuing MACS passes too. My friend's pass runs out next month. MACS pass would only work when I go through the dedicated lanes at CIQ and KSAB (that is if you took the buses in and out of Johor, AND provided the turnstiles at the dedicated lanes were not out of order). You got to skip the gigantic queues in the immigration halls during rush hours. When I would take the car, the so-called MACS counters never existed as non-MACS holders/ Malaysians ignored it and still proceeded to queue at the MACS counter, so the MACS pass holders still got stuck in the jam anyway. The only value I saw in the MACS pass was that my passport would not get filled up with visa chops. Are we ready to renew our passports every three months now that MACS is suspended?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the horses' mouth. My Jb neighbour just went to IRDA Danga Bay this morn to do their Macs. Apparently the office is still open with 3 officers but their job is to inform all that Macs application has ceased for all. That's all folks.

Sambalicious

It looks like the MACS pass is dead. Johorean passed me this photo today. Can anyone double confirm when this notice was released, and if they have seen this at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoints very recently?

Attachments

• PHOTO-2018-07-05-12-30-57.jpg
    PHOTO-2018-07-05-12-30-57.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 459

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
My opinion is that those Sinkies who are making their daily commute between JB and Singapore had better to start thinking of an alternative Plan B. That 93 years old man is definitely out to seek revenge against Singapore. The water issue is a very good example. The way he gives priority and visited Japan, Indonesia and forthcoming China, clearly indicates that he truly disregards the relation between our 2 countries, despite being so close to each other. This old sly fox has never been forgiving nor magnanimous, judging from the way he goes after Najib's whole family presently. To him, even an innocent infant is not to be pardoned.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think mahathir is good.
We got to deal with them day by day basis. Whatever shit Dr m&d throw, you just reply lor.

But everyday he has new way of throwing new shit.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think mahathir is good.

He's good? He's always trying to incite hatred and confrontation between the common people of both countries. Just look at the way he announces the cancellation of the HSR project? 1 moment say is cancelled, the next moment say is postponed. How to conduct business with such people, especially if it will involve a large sum of money? Also, he only mentions the 3 sen water issue, but never mention about the more than S$500m which Singapore had already paid to Johor for the construction of the Linggui Dam as well as the lease of the land (till 2061) where the reservoir resides. This amount of over S$500m when converted to RM is not a small amount but their people are just ignorant and take for granted to agree with him that 3 sen is ridiculously nonsensical. After all, the water is also free from the sky. Some Malaysians had even commented on why does Johor still needs to sell water to Singapore when Johoreans are themselves short of water? They never ask themselves why there are so much wastage of water in Johor? They all take for granted as you'll sure to see pipe leakages almost every other places in Johor, whereas Singapore has always emphasize on preventing water wastage where "every drop counts". Another common sight is seeing their hawkers always allowing their taps to flow continuously albeit on low flow rate throughout their operation hours. Imagine how much water will be wasted if only just half of all their hawkers will have this very bad practice? A similar wastage can also be observed from their street car washers. I don't need to elaborate further.

Malaysian Chinese are indeed suckers. They had already been severely suppressed by the old man during his 21 years of governance previously but yet, they still voted for him last May. If the Malays will vote for him, I have nothing to say, but the Chinese....? Indeed the Malaysian Chinese never learn. A lot of Chinese Johoreans are also extremely ungrateful to Singapore. I had once asked them: Tell me how many of you have siblings, friends and relatives working and earning their income in Singapore? My mere estimation is there are at least 40% of the Malaysian JB residents heavily milking and relying on Singapore for their employment but yet still not being appreciative nor gracious to Singapore.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, JB Chinese is another animal altogether. Years of being oppressed has build them up to be like them. Everyone for themselves.

If Chinese don't vote in Mahathir and Anwar, I guess there will be no More Malaysia left for you. When all the money is being spend and you got no money to repay China, Malaysia will be in big trouble. A country can subjugate another by 2 ways. 1 is by force and 1 by debt. When a country will have no means to pay off debt, their resources will be stripped clean and dry by the foreign nation whom he is in debt with. If that happens, Singapore will be in much deeper trouble. We can't find back effectively, cos we are small and you can't beat China with their guile and money. It a Lose Lose game for Singapore.

Remember if you can't handle Mahathir now, you will not be able to handle China at all. Mahathir will is just a wily old fox. All our Minister need to do is to be smarter a bit. Talk cock a bit, don't always say agreement,this and that. We work by sight lor. We need each other, we are not exactly independent from each other. Everyday, a lot of worker came in via tuas and woodlands to work. We also. Import a lot of food from Malaysia.

We have deep diplomatic ties. It's our Singaporean Minister trying to fan the Nationalistic flame for us to hate Mahathir. 30 years back, it is possible. Fast forward 30 years later, our Minister has to try other ways.

Mahathir is not exactly bad. He's just a better opponent then China Controlled Malaysia to Singapore.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is extremely foolish to think that China can 1 day takeover the sovereignty of Malaysia. No matter how much Malaysia will owe to China, it is never a possible scenario. The Malays will definitely never allow such a move. Otherwise, the Malaysian Chinese would have won over by now.

Everybody knows very well that China is a loanshark to its poorer neighbors but still, they cannot use such means to force a takeover of its debtor nation. International condemnation will definitely be raised and what will then happened to China's reputation in the International community?

Mahathir on the other hand is presently just as unscrupulous in his dealings because he presently intends to overrule and void contracts made by his previous government, which to him is unfeasible. Even on his recent trip to Japan which I believe was to try and secure for some cheap Japanese loan, but did Abe obliged? If a new government is unruly and not honoring the commitments of its previous government and worse still is they don't even want to pay for compensations, which other country would dare to do business with them, with the exception of China, because they are also just another bandit. Only an unlawful country like China (similar to Mahathir) will help the criminal fugitive Jho Low to flee from Macau into Mainland China as reported today. Anyway, Winnie The Pooh is now with his hands already full to handle the current trade war with America. If he fails to handle this dispute in favor of China, his regime may eventually be dethroned by internal and civil riots as more of their people will become jobless and be agitated.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is extremely foolish to think that China can 1 day takeover the sovereignty of Malaysia. No matter how much Malaysia will owe to China, it is never a possible scenario. The Malays will definitely never allow such a move. Otherwise, the Malaysian Chinese would have won over by now.

Everybody knows very well that China is a loanshark to its poorer neighbors but still, they cannot use such means to force a takeover of its debtor nation. International condemnation will definitely be raised and what will then happened to China's reputation in the International community?

Mahathir on the other hand is presently just as unscrupulous in his dealings because he presently intends to overrule and void contracts made by his previous government, which to him is unfeasible. Even on his recent trip to Japan which I believe was to try and secure for some cheap Japanese loan, but did Abe obliged? If a new government is unruly and not honoring the commitments of its previous government and worse still is they don't even want to pay for compensations, which other country would dare to do business with them, with the exception of China, because they are also just another bandit. Only an unlawful country like China (similar to Mahathir) will help the criminal fugitive Jho Low to flee from Macau into Mainland China as reported today. Anyway, Winnie The Pooh is now with his hands already full to handle the current trade war with America. If he fails to handle this dispute in favor of China, his regime may eventually be dethroned by internal and civil riots as more of their people will become jobless and be agitated.

When one Nation like China does not take over the running of a Nation, but strip Resources rich Nation like Malaysia to bare bones, which Sri Lanka is having now. That will be disastrous. They won't use force to take over Malaysia ( which is not advisable and stupid). They won't even run the Nation at all. All they want is all the good things from Malaysia but give rock bottom prices to the producer Nation for their resources. It the kind of Colonial mentality they have now. All they need is to park a few warship near Straits Of Malacca using Malacca. Singapore will be all but OVER. The process will be slow and very very painful for common people.

China will used debt to bring the Nation down to it's knees and do China's bidding.

Imagine they price everything out of market and sell it to Singapore. What will happen to Singapore ? If they decide to work behind close door and stop the water supply to Singapore. What will happened to Singapore ? These things can happened. If they stop the blue collar workers from crossing to Singapore to work, what will happen to Singapore ? Plus all our leaders are so straight talking and full of their own logic.

Now we are dealing with Mahathir only. He is just an old man with his twisted logic and he is harmless. It is only the Straits time of Singapore trying to sway the general Nationalistic feeling towards Malaysian , trying to potray all the negative feeling towards Malaysia right now.

Bhrork

May I ask, even if you apply for mm2h, if you want to go in and out Malaysia everyday without passport chop, you still need to apply for MACS, izzit? Without MACS, we couldn’t work in Sg and stay in JB?
Hello, can help me clarify this? So with mm2h, we still have our passport chopped when going back to SG, am I right?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
When one Nation like China does not take over the running of a Nation, but strip Resources rich Nation like Malaysia to bare bones, which Sri Lanka is having now. That will be disastrous. They won't use force to take over Malaysia ( which is not advisable and stupid). They won't even run the Nation at all. All they want is all the good things from Malaysia but give rock bottom prices to the producer Nation for their resources. It the kind of Colonial mentality they have now. All they need is to park a few warship near Straits Of Malacca using Malacca. Singapore will be all but OVER. The process will be slow and very very painful for common people.

China will used debt to bring the Nation down to it's knees and do China's bidding.

Imagine they price everything out of market and sell it to Singapore. What will happen to Singapore ? If they decide to work behind close door and stop the water supply to Singapore. What will happened to Singapore ? These things can happened. If they stop the blue collar workers from crossing to Singapore to work, what will happen to Singapore ? Plus all our leaders are so straight talking and full of their own logic.

Now we are dealing with Mahathir only. He is just an old man with his twisted logic and he is harmless. It is only the Straits time of Singapore trying to sway the general Nationalistic feeling towards Malaysian , trying to potray all the negative feeling towards Malaysia right now.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they stop the blue collar workers from crossing to Singapore to work, what will happen to Singapore?..........Now we are dealing with Mahathir only. He is just an old man with his twisted logic and he is harmless. It is only the Straits time of Singapore trying to sway the general Nationalistic feeling towards Malaysian, trying to portray all the negative feeling towards Malaysia right now.
I'll never worry about Malaysian workers being prevented from working in Singapore by their own government. It will be a big worry for the Johor Sultan if so many of their people will have no jobs in Johor and there are definitely not enough vacancies to employ these people domestically. not to mention the much lower nett wages (due to the exchange rate), if it will ever happen. Besides, these people may even turn against their government as the 1:3 rate is too alluring.

Mahathir is not exactly harmless to Singapore? There's no smoke without fire. From his previous governance, it has proven that he has been and will always be against Singapore's progress vis-a-vis Malaysia's. His deep hatred towards Singapore began when GCT denied his loan during the Asian financial crisis back in 1997/8. His main motive thereafter is to stir negative sentiments on his people towards Singapore, wherever and whenever possible. To bring down Singapore is also 1 of his main objective, but that will be impossible during his lifetime. And most Malaysians being nationalistic, especially the Malaysian Chinese, will listen and believe to every shit he puts against Singapore. Take my 2 Malaysian Chinese neighbors who also believed that the water price being sold to Singapore is overly undervalued. 1 of them even operates a (joint-venture) factory in Tuas. I then asked him how would he feels if the Singapore government will increase his water bill by 100% due to the corresponding increase of water from Johor? He just couldn't answer me. He's being plain stupid right? I told him that he should be more worried about China's "9-Dashed Line" territorial claims in the South China Sea instead because in future, he'll just need to sail 300km north of East Malaysia and he'll be prosecuted for being in China's territory, not to mention all the oil resources and reserves in those areas being "stolen" from Malaysia by China's unscrupulous action.

All opposition parties are the same. They will over commit and promise you the sky and heaven during election campaigns but will never fully commit to them after being voted into the government. The PH government had promised to the rakyat on RM1.50/litre petrol and the total abolishing of all the highway tolls, but are these in reality today? When I put these to my Malaysian Chinese neighbors again, 1 of them just simply shrugged off and said that since the government is in heavy debt now, so these can be pardoned. I mean, definitely the PH government cannot plead innocence now that they don't already know about the 1MDB corruption case as well as the vastly unfair ECRL and pipeline contracts already signed with China, during their election campaigning. I'm 100% sure that even if without all these losses, the total abolishing of all the highway tolls can never be possible because who will then maintain the highways, not to mention the vast compensations to be made to the toll operators. Also, how can RM1.50/litre petrol be a reality today when it will then be cheaper than in Saudi Arabia?

Whatever, Singapore knows very well that we have to eventually be self-sustainable in our water supply because that 2061 expiry date will eventually come. It's just that we probably did not go full steam into building more recycling and desalination plants now because of the expectation that these costs can be reduced with newer technologies in the future. So, why want to build more now and pay exorbitantly when they may be cheaper in the future due to newer and more efficient (with higher yielding) technologies as these are still evolving, just like the battery technologies for EVs?

Last edited:

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, can help me clarify this? So with mm2h, we still have our passport chopped when going back to SG, am I right?

MACS is not a permit to let one stay or work in a country.

MACS is a pass to let one scan the passport in the immigration to enter JB without any "chop" or "stamp", whatever name it is..

MM2H is a permit to stay n live in Malaysia depending on the years approved by the Gov.

Hope that helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.