• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's in the morning going in to JB. when are you coming back to singapore :(
cos i just checked cams, both tuas and woodland cp are totally cluster f***ed. and there is no visibility on m'sia side (EDL, JB town ) queue. if the jam on edl / jb side is as bad as last sunday, then i estimate clearance coming in will be 3-4 hours!
maybe someone can post how long to clear tuas side coming back in?

conclusion is jams are getting exponentially worse compare to last year

Joined the queue at 5:15pm. Cleared both customs at first link by 6:28pm :smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joined the queue at 5:15pm. Cleared both customs at first link by 6:28pm :smile:

that's not too bad! so EDL / JB chekpoint no queue? and the causeway although fully lined up with cars still can clear in 1 hour? means the queue is moving, not standstill.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe can use this option to beat the causeway jam.
image.jpg

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
latest news foreigners soon can only buy above rm2million landed property in johor - by Johor sultan. First rm250k ,rm500k,then rm1million,soon rm2million, further rm 3million, rm4million,rm10million???

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
That guy is crazy.
Keep on switching goal post. How to invest like that.

get used to this guys, we adapt not them, regardless who rules pkr or not.
want it to be like spore? then u probably wont get this price still.
but i guess it must hv improved, how else people are putting money still.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Monday June 2, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Monday June 2, 2014 MYT 9:18:52 AM

Vagrants in Johor Baru hold regular jobs

BY YEE XIANG YUN

NUSAJAYA: Forty per cent of the vagrants found in Johor Baru hold regular jobs in Singapore and earn between S$1,000 (RM2,561) and S$2,000 (RM5,123) each month.

Johor Women and Family executive councillor Asiah Ariff said the homeless in Johor Baru were different from that of cities like Kuala Lumpur as a lot of the vagrants here earn enough to sustain a living in the city but still choose to sleep on the streets.

She said this was because most of them earned hour-based wages and only needed a place to rest for a few hours before crossing the border to resume their work again in the island republic.

“Some of them are from Sabah and Sarawak and do not have family members staying nearby so they rather catch a few hours of sleep in recreational parks or corridors outside buildings,” she said in her speech at the state assembly here yesterday.

Asiah added that these vagrants worked as cleaners, ship crew, factory workers, construction workers, grass cutters, warehouse guards, odd job workers and lorry drivers.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...eless-who-work-in-Singapore-earn-up-to-RM512/

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
That guy is crazy.
Keep on switching goal post. How to invest like that.
He is moving the goal post to score own goals!!!, as he has invested in some high end condo like 70sty ASTAKA, Peter lim .Malaysia boleh !!!!!!!!!!

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many nice condo in JB now. Grab now before is too late. Especially the one in Senibong cove and JB mid valley.

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Observation for TUAS

During School holidays my morning time travels seems to have improved a bit but the coming home part seems to have worsen.
The morning 845-900am hours seems to be clear or somewhat clear usually 15mins should do the trick.
At Night the Jams seems to replicate Non School holidays FRIDAY evening Jams. Usually 1hr to clear both sides. Still bearable for me.

Cheers

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Observation for TUAS

During School holidays my morning time travels seems to have improved a bit but the coming home part seems to have worsen.
The morning 845-900am hours seems to be clear or somewhat clear usually 15mins should do the trick.
At Night the Jams seems to replicate Non School holidays FRIDAY evening Jams. Usually 1hr to clear both sides. Still bearable for me.

Cheers

Johoreans are having their school hols too. So the day trippers to SG are going home too. :smile:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johoreans are having their school hols too. So the day trippers to SG are going home too. :smile:

Luckily their June break is 2 weeks only. I usually book my Msian holiday in June from 3rd-4th week of June to avoid the double whammy crowd fr sg n my.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I recently bought a condo at Iskandar, wanted to share with you guys since it's about stay in Johor. Anyone heard of Botanika? I bought cos my malaysian friend told me it's a good buy cos it's in zone a, near woodlands checkpoint. Quite reasonably priced also, compared to other developments.

Can check out http://sandykwanproperty.com . there are a lot of info there and tell me if it's a good buy? haha need some reassurance in my buy!

I think it is leasehold. Marina Cove is a slightly better being freehold . Prefer Mosaic @ Southkey is a better buy.

Pls share the property size ( ? sq ft) and NET buying price of yr purchase. Thank you.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Friday June 6, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Friday June 6, 2014 MYT 8:24:11 AM

Making it easy for tourists in Johor to lodge police reports

JOHOR BARU: The state police will set up a special international liaison unit to deal with reports lodged by foreigners.

Johor police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the unit would have English-speaking officers placed at various police stations where there were many tourists.

”We want to be able to address the complaints made by tourists efficiently,” he said after attending a briefing session at the Johor Baru South police station here yesterday.

SDCP Mohd Mokhtar said currently there was a team of six officers from the unit stationed at the state police headquarters while small teams would be placed at other police stations.

“The units will be set up at the Johor Baru South, Johor Baru North and Nusajaya police stations as these areas receive a large number of foreign tourists.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...or-tourists-in-Johor-to-lodge-police-reports/

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many many condos in JB that I cant rem the names. All sound so alien. I wont buy anything near Woodlands Checkpoints for obvious reason unless a bomb is dropped onto it and the place re-constructed from zero like Nusajaya.

Hi guys,

I recently bought a condo at Iskandar, wanted to share with you guys since it's about stay in Johor. Anyone heard of Botanika? I bought cos my malaysian friend told me it's a good buy cos it's in zone a, near woodlands checkpoint. Quite reasonably priced also, compared to other developments.

Can check out http://sandykwanproperty.com . there are a lot of info there and tell me if it's a good buy? haha need some reassurance in my buy!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saturday morning 445am return to Singapore via Tuas after late night massage and supper... Being a Saturday where most people don't work and no school, 445am I had to Q for about 1 minute only.

That bikes were more worse and the wait should be unbearable. I heard them honking intermittently.. imagine the morning was so serene and tranquil so the honks are obvious. After 2 minute one senior officer ( indian I think ) shouted very loudly at the motorbikes.

Pls make sure you learn from me and Q in peace and quietly like a dog next time. This is Singapore. Please observe rules ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.