• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any MACS holder kena this before : MY immigration officer underline the wordS social visit and write NOT FOR STAY IN MALAYSIA ON MACS page.

Wow...sounds like a cause for concern. I haven't renewed my MAC yet but I'd be sure to share if I get the same annotation with it.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone learned how to drive and got driving license in Malaysia? Any lobang?

go sign up any driving school there in seri alam. to get license there are the easy way and the hard way. you know what i mean. err. but check first.. singaporean can get malaysian driver licnense??

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone learned how to drive and got driving license in Malaysia? Any lobang?

Trying to find out too . Have check with a driving center at Bukit Indah , the guy give me a puzzling explaination , given up liao . He say must 1st obtain a letter from LTA to certified that you do not own a Singapore driving license , then can apply for High Way Code test ... follow by pratical test . Whole package is about RM 1,800 /= supper cheap compare to blood sucking SG system .

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to find out too . Have check with a driving center at Bukit Indah , the guy give me a puzzling explaination , given up liao . He say must 1st obtain a letter from LTA to certified that you do not own a Singapore driving license , then can apply for High Way Code test ... follow by pratical test . Whole package is about RM 1,800 /= supper cheap compare to blood sucking SG system .

Thats becos Malaysia recognise Sg driving licence which can be used in Malaysia as long as its valid. If you dont hv a sg liccense and you wan to drive in MY then its alright for you to take up a MY driving license.what the driving center told u is correct.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats becos Malaysia recognise Sg driving licence which can be used in Malaysia as long as its valid. If you dont hv a sg liccense and you wan to drive in MY then its alright for you to take up a MY driving license.what the driving center told u is correct.

OK, so first step is to get LTA certification that you do not have a Singapore driving license?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's something mundane... Being a teh si person, I discovered a nice old world coffee shop for enjoy a cup right in the heart of JB along Jalan trus - think it's hainanese style. Even saw a traffic cop having his fix there.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, so first step is to get LTA certification that you do not have a Singapore driving license?

i wouldnt know becos I am not in your situation. Based on what i said earlier abt sg license can be used in Malaysia. It makes sense for the driving center to ask u for proof before they allow you to enrol right?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wouldnt know becos I am not in your situation. Based on what i said earlier abt sg license can be used in Malaysia. It makes sense for the driving center to ask u for proof before they allow you to enrol right?

Er , if I have a SG license , why would I want to get another MY license ?
I guess retired Singaporean anties and uncle would like to have a cheaper MY license to move around JB as public transport is non existence.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.nst.com.my/latest/foreig...hor-will-pay-4-5pc-tax-1.370926#ixzz2h2XGLERt

PASIR GUDANG: The state government will unveil a new policy on foreign buyers of commercial and residential properties here in a bid to control property prices and foreign ownership by the end of the year or early next year.
State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Abdul Latiff Bandi told reporters here after launching the two-day Green Industrial 2013 seminar at Amansari Residence Resort here today that foreigners will be imposed a four to five per cent tax based on the value of the property.
"Currently foreign owners have to pay a one-off RM10,000 levy regardless of the price of the property," Abdul Latiff said.

Read more: 'Foreigners who buy property in Johor will pay 4-5pc tax' - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/foreig...hor-will-pay-4-5pc-tax-1.370926#ixzz2h2e7uBBu

Artesan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Er , if I have a SG license , why would I want to get another MY license ? I guess retired Singaporean anties and uncle would like to have a cheaper MY license to move around JB as public transport is non existence.

My just in case someone with suspended license in Singapore wants to get a mY license?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's something mundane... Being a teh si person, I discovered a nice old world coffee shop for enjoy a cup right in the heart of JB along Jalan trus - think it's hainanese style. Even saw a traffic cop having his fix there.

Restoran Aik Sen is it? It's my friends family shop. They have been doing this business for god knows how long.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.nst.com.my/latest/foreig...hor-will-pay-4-5pc-tax-1.370926#ixzz2h2XGLERt

PASIR GUDANG: The state government will unveil a new policy on foreign buyers of commercial and residential properties here in a bid to control property prices and foreign ownership by the end of the year or early next year.
State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Abdul Latiff Bandi told reporters here after launching the two-day Green Industrial 2013 seminar at Amansari Residence Resort here today that foreigners will be imposed a four to five per cent tax based on the value of the property.
"Currently foreign owners have to pay a one-off RM10,000 levy regardless of the price of the property," Abdul Latiff said.

Read more: 'Foreigners who buy property in Johor will pay 4-5pc tax' - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/foreig...hor-will-pay-4-5pc-tax-1.370926#ixzz2h2e7uBBu

Will this lead to price drop of existing developments ? Any expert here care to advice. I am thinking into buying into Malaysia property as well.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will this lead to price drop of existing developments ? Any expert here care to advice. I am thinking into buying into Malaysia property as well.

It will be removed if the price drops, because it will result in lower demand and taxes for the government. Eastern Dispersal Link, Coastal Highway, Pasir Gudang Highway upgrade, additional security forces etc are all sunken costs to the tune of billions of tax payers money. The Johor government is actually held in ransom by investors.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new policy will be as follow :

Foreigners owning property can only sell to foreigners.
Malaysian can only sell to local Malaysian.

If this is the new policy, Malaysian who has bought into the small condo type will be screwed. Is there any tax or levy if i sell my property after maybe less then 2 yrs ?

Photogguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

If this is the new policy, Malaysian who has bought into the small condo type will be screwed. Is there any tax or levy if i sell my property after maybe less then 2 yrs ?

...may not necessarily have much impact as a large percentage of "foreign buyers " are actually SPRs...

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

no la, foreigners can sell to both locals and foreigners...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any predictions on whether market is going to sink if all this comes into effect? Will there be an exodus to buy or sell before year's end? The new article in Straits Times yesterday predicted more will buy before Jan to esccape the additional 5% tax. but I am wondering if investors will want to exit the market before this kicks in.Hard to say as the ABSD hasnt dampened the market in SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.