• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need help sourcing for ang ku kueh, ju kueh and the pink color kueh to sell in Singapore??
I've open a snack store in Singapore but prefer to source food to resell from Malaysia any lobang???

Appreciated

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to update all bros & sis, I took around 40 mins to clear both customs. Drove past Pandan Bridge from EDL exit around 830 pm yesterday. EDL was smooth. Took around 3-5 mins to clear Pandan Bridge despite an accident on left-most lane.

From my experience so far, if you work in SG from 9 pm to 6 pm and have your dinner in SG, it should be pretty smooth travelling to-and-from Tebrau region, as the MY jams have largely cleared by 730pm. I also noticed the SG customs have started using the old checkpt lanes to clear lorries during peak periods. So there are more lanes for SG cars to queue in the original lorry lanes.

Downside is that the MY authorities have not caught up yet, and MY counters are only around 60% opened during evening peak periods.

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes I'm hoping that the MY authorities pick up speed.

When I returned on Sunday night it was a breeze.

I'm sure they can maintain it that way.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should I just laugh away the Pasir Gudang motor cycle incident or am I supposed to flag it?

if I flag it will I be a critic or will I laugh at it n b optimistic?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Says it many times - It is the local and they are the well paying SPR that are the ones buying as they are earning Sing dollars just like Singaporeans. Many rich Malaysians as they can save more unlike Singaporeans who have to face high living cost.

But it is good sign that many more locals have tune on to the higher prices now and they would be the ones to support the overall property market in JB.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Puteri Harbour this early afternoon. After close to a year there are still not many shops. I doubt the new malls in and around there (inclusive of Medini) can survive in the next 5 years. The shops cannot depend only on weekenders from Singapore to survive.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Puteri Harbour this early afternoon. After close to a year there are still not many shops. I doubt the new malls in and around there (inclusive of Medini) can survive in the next 5 years. The shops cannot depend only on weekenders from Singapore to survive.

I went sat wkend, same time, only saw a few kittens. just dun wan to make nottiboy impotent.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went sat wkend, same time, only saw a few kittens. just dun wan to make nottiboy impotent.

As long as 2nd link capacity remains at its current level, the growth rate of Puteri Harbour and Medini will be limited in the next few years. Buyers need to have good holding power there.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as 2nd link capacity remains at its current level, the growth rate of Puteri Harbour and Medini will be limited in the next few years. Buyers need to have good holding power there.
Well, so long as it is traffic free for some, it's ideal..

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSR,MRT,RTS n now the 3rd bridge wonder why so many ideas but non materialise ,hopefully the My gov will take 1 step at a time n talk about others when really feasible though all the ideas benefit MY most dont think SG Gov will want it as money will be flowing out by cost or people .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
When i was young, i always though Pan Mei Chen's songs that my elder sister liked was so silly. Until i grew up, then realised the depth of what the songs were about.

Especially this one:

Pan Mei Chen
潘美辰 - 我想有个家
I wish to have a home (my own lousy translation)

我想有个家 一个不需要华丽的地方, 在我疲倦的时候 我会想到它
I wish to have a home, just a place that doesn't need to be grand. Whenever i am weary, i will think of it.

我想有个家, 一个不需要多大的地方, 在我受惊吓的时候我才不会害怕
I wish to have a home, doesn't have to have lots of space. When i am lost and frightened, it is my refuge.

谁不会想要家 可是就有人没有它, 脸上流着眼泪 只能自己轻轻擦
Who wouldn't want a home? Yet there are others without it. With tears streaming down my face, i lightly wipe away.

我好羡慕他 受伤后可以回家 而我只能孤单的 孤单的寻找我的家
I so envy him, whenever he is hurt, he can go home. As for me, i can only go my own lonely way in search of my home.

虽然我不曾有温暖的家 但是我一样渐渐的长大 只要心中充满爱
Although i never had a warm home, but i still grew up over the years. As long as ones hearts is full of love

就会被关怀 无法理怨谁 一切只能靠自己
One would be cared for in turn. Never having cause to blame others, one must depend on oneself.

我, 終於有个家
I, finally found a home.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do non-Malaysian living in Malaysia need to carry passport all the time? Can carrying international driving license be a replacement?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Do non-Malaysian living in Malaysia need to carry passport all the time? Can carrying international driving license be a replacement?

You will need to if you are out driving, going on trips etc but for me, i just carry a photocopied version of it along with my SG driving license.

Status
Not open for further replies.