• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
...."any new property (landed or condo) is disallowed to resell to foreigners within 5 years since TOP" Curious to see how does it apply to international lots and those in Mendini area?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha. If that is true, I am so happy.. because I am buying for my own stay... and maybe give to someone when I am old and leaving this world!

wow , not sure this news real or not :

Watch out: heard from the internal sources that new cooling measurement in Johor will be launched on 1 July 2013. One of the measurements is any new property (landed or condo) is disallowed to resell to foreigners within 5 years since TOP. More to be confirmed...

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess new cooling measure might bend more towards developers, but to discourage flippers.
continue to encourage home ownership
buyer cannot resell within 5 yr period (to discourage flipping and hence will not push up the resale market)
developers meanwhile will continue to build and sell at their respective price (the M'sian govt has to look after the developers)
Anyway, not sure if they will be restricted to locals or foreigners, or 1st property or 2nd/3rd/4th properties???
Just have to keep our fingers crossed until the news is out if there is any...
anyways, there's no smoke without fire

Watch out: heard from the internal sources that new cooling measurement in Johor will be launched on 1 July 2013. One of the measurements is any new property (landed or condo) is disallowed to resell to foreigners within 5 years since TOP. More to be confirmed...

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess new cooling measure might bend more towards developers, but to discourage flippers.
continue to encourage home ownership
buyer cannot resell within 5 yr period (to discourage flipping and hence will not push up the resale market)
developers meanwhile will continue to build and sell at their respective price (the M'sian govt has to look after the developers)
Anyway, not sure if they will be restricted to locals or foreigners, or 1st property or 2nd/3rd/4th properties???
Just have to keep our fingers crossed until the news is out if there is any...
anyways, there's no smoke without fire

Remind me of the story of IBM Compatible. Flippers and speculators kenna made use of to jack up prices. Now the property pie is not enough and too lucrative to share with speculators.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hooray no more 360. Only as if its come to force.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good news. Hope more VIPs are hit so that they know the ground issue and do something to improve the situation.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good news. Hope more VIPs are hit so that they know the ground issue and do something to improve the situation.

Agree. to the rest of us, reminded to be wary / mindful. and best not to leave too many valuables lying around in the house.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. to the rest of us, reminded to be wary / mindful. and best not to leave too many valuables lying around in the house.

hmm , one malaysian told me better to keep at least RM2k in the house in case break in to give them and if i dun have money , they will beat or kill me ....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm , one malaysian told me better to keep at least RM2k in the house in case break in to give them and if i dun have money , they will beat or kill me ....

yes, that also kind of makes sense. however, remember that if everyone does that, then it send a signal like "come and get it". also must factor in inflation. later the "p;rice" becomes 5k, then 10k, then 20k, else they will beat you. so i think better to 'advertise' that one has no money, by driving cheaper car, don't wear jewellery when going wet market, and uh, generally acting like you don't keep money and valuables lying around. makes sense?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, that also kind of makes sense. however, remember that if everyone does that, then it send a signal like "come and get it". also must factor in inflation. later the "p;rice" becomes 5k, then 10k, then 20k, else they will beat you. so i think better to 'advertise' that one has no money, by driving cheaper car, don't wear jewellery when going wet market, and uh, generally acting like you don't keep money and valuables lying around. makes sense?

hmm but if u stay in G&G also kind of mid class range liao ....

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sister crystal,

Any updates on this piece of news?
Getting worried...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm but if u stay in G&G also kind of mid class range liao ....

mid class range, yes. but no money or any valuables in the house. anyway, don't worry la. You already moved , right? So no point being worried about it. Just be a bit more alert & careful, that's all. touch wood i'm malaysian and i have only been robbed (once) in paris.

Last edited:

bujua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can also include other factors like earn S'pore $$.. & buy in M'sia??

Thanks for the suggestion, actually in the "Example" section, there is an input for SGD/RM currency exchange, if the SGD currency drops will eventually drag down the IM psf:smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
mid class range, yes. but no money or any valuables in the house. anyway, don't worry la. You already moved , right? So no point being worried about it. Just be a bit more alert & careful, that's all. touch wood i'm malaysian and i have only been robbed (once) in paris.

not yet move in. anyway i am not so paranoid la. some even scare fans will be stolen if grilles not install....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi , as of now , yet to see any confirm new cooling measures from any forum or fb grp yet ....

There are 3 parts to this cooling measure and so far, most such "internal" sources are revealing or aware of 1-2 at most.
I have highlighted this already in my postings a couple of weeks back.

So far, likely only the lesser one may be implemented and yes July is the time frame. Not too concerned though.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told S&P sign ASAP also no use, need the bank loan approved first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.