• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rz7yrw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a quick question here, if one Malaysian couple bought a terrace in HH but later the wife converted to SG citizenship, are they still able to apply for waiver from Property Gain Tax (once in lifetime) from selling this unit ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just a quick question here, if one Malaysian couple bought a terrace in HH but later the wife converted to SG citizenship, are they still able to apply for waiver from Property Gain Tax (once in lifetime) from selling this unit ?

Thats a bit tricky but should be if at the time of S&P, sale completes, that the wife is still a Malaysian citizen. Best person to consult is still your lawyer but the RGPT is normally calculated once you have signed the S&P and deducted by your lawyer.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Everyone here really loves their cars. I am pretty different as i almost never wash my cars and leave it dusty etc but inside it will always be clean and engine, etc all serviced ahead of schedule and using the most efficient parts i can get my hands on. (Some of you will know what i mean especially timing belts :wink: )

Every 2-3 months, i will get it cleaned, polished and waxed. I will send them all for polishing and waxing about the same time and servicing as well so i don't have to bother again for another few months.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
today it was my first time washing car at tun aminah as i wanted to visit the pasar malam ..... when i drove to e car wash , e lady told me price increased so i said ok , she told me rm13 for normal wash . then after i sat down to wait , she told me normal shampoo ran out , must use gd shampoo which cost rm18. wth , no choice , jus let them wash.... end up never able to wash away some stains at all... pls avoid the car wash just opp 777 food center. btw , e pasar malam nearby are huge with a few streets vendors selling things but parking n roads conditions was chaos, i dun think i will visit again ..

Thats a bad experience, hope the next one you go to is a better one. Some of my friends will never leave their cars when it is being washed but then end up waiting there for hours. Same goes when they have it serviced even with someone reliable.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a bad experience, hope the next one you go to is a better one. Some of my friends will never leave their cars when it is being washed but then end up waiting there for hours. Same goes when they have it serviced even with someone reliable.

bro wuqi,
read somewhere bad hats switch proton keys to get the nicer sg cars..... i think thats why they prefer wait, ie RM10 is the only security they have for their car being entrusted to wash

by the way, can clr some bytes for pm?

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls do not send your car there for polishing and waxing. If you must, pls be around to observe them doing it. Had a very bad experience there and I sworn nvr to patronise them agn.

Now I will only go to the stretch along 'New York Hotel' (nxt to the 24hrs minimart)

I usually wash my car at Legend car wash @B.Point after shell staion at 1st Link. They charge RM8 for wash plus vacuum. Waiting room is aircondition with Tv and wifi. All their customers are sg plate. Oh and they have a loyalty program, 1 free wash after several washes. Must let them sign on their rewards card after every wash.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls do not send your car there for polishing and waxing. If you must, pls be around to observe them doing it. Had a very bad experience there and I sworn nvr to patronise them agn.

Now I will only go to the stretch along 'New York Hotel' (nxt to the 24hrs minimart)

oh what happened?

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I shall not elaborate.. Normal washing is ok there, no complain...

Ok no worries :smile:

I did use their polishing service once before i sold my ex-car. Then was at the old place before b.point. I sat there for 4 hours and watch them from beginning to end so i guess nothing out of the ordinary happened. Now i just go for usual wash and vacuum.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always go to New York hotel street do car washing. Price is reasonable. For waxing , you can try Da Ma garden got one carwash and waxing behind shell petrol And hawker centre. Service not bad, got one time the boss bought me a sugar cane juice. You can sit inside air con rom and free wifi while waiting your car being wash, polish and wax.:smile:

drowningfishes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, which prepaid sim card is good to use while in and out of Malaysia? I do expect calls from SG and MY so looking for an affordable range.
Also, is there a mobile broadband sim as well in Malaysia?

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, which prepaid sim card is good to use while in and out of Malaysia? I do expect calls from SG and MY so looking for an affordable range.
Also, is there a mobile broadband sim as well in Malaysia?

U mobile! They charge Starhub rates while roaming in Singapore. Which means you can make local calls at local rates in Singapore and Malaysia. Extremely innovative!

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can go to the mpjb bldg next to sultanah Aminah hospital along the seaside. It's on the ground floor. Ask the police at the door to get the right queue number.

I paid only RM12 instead of RM30 fine, I think they gave discount if you pay within 2 weeks.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
believed can pay yr fines via their post offices.

their parking rate quite economical..a fine of $, isn't it paying more than that. :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
believed can pay yr fines via their post offices.

their parking rate quite economical..a fine of $, isn't it paying more than that. :biggrin:

aiyo , somtimes dun know when need to display e coupons ma .... park infront of the shop with no line draw also kenna fine .... so used of sg erp parking system , hate to tear e coupon ....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo , somtimes dun know when need to display e coupons ma .... park infront of the shop with no line draw also kenna fine .... so used of sg erp parking system , hate to tear e coupon ....

I always never put parking coupon in Bukit Indah like at Giant mall. Very luck for me so far? I thought parking is free!? I don't even know where to buy parking coupons in Bukit Indah. Yesterday I had to "borrow" a piece of parking coupon from my banker at Tebrau. I learn new things in JB every time I visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.