• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one next to Ambank at Bukit Indah. Think it is called U dental. Looks like a polyclinic but good service and popular with locals. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Posted this sometime back, i think beginning of last year but here it is again:
Q&M is good too. There is also a 24 hour polyclinic at Sutera Mall area, outside Sutera Mall, near the row with the OCBC bank branch.

Medical/Dental/TCM
U dental center – clean & hygenic dentist 10
30A jalan indah 16/5 taman bukit indah, 81200 Johor bahru
Tel 607 2324444
9am to 9pm

Last edited:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted this sometime back, i think beginning of last year but here it is again:
Q&M is good too. There is also a 24 hour polyclinic at Sutera Mall area, outside Sutera Mall, near the row with the OCBC bank branch.

Medical/Dental/TCM
U dental center – clean & hygenic dentist 10
30A jalan indah 16/5 taman bukit indah, 81200 Johor bahru
Tel 607 2324444
9am to 9pm

Hi Wuqi,
Welcome back! :biggrin:

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who like to know... Huat colours for the New Year! :biggrin:
67908_10151325399186832_1617204448_n.jpg

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian property sector’s earnings to reach its tipping point in 2013: Macquarie

Singapore Business Review - Fri, Jan 25, 2013 5:21 PM SGT

Malaysian property developers benefit from Singapore cooling measures.

According to Macquarie Equities Research, with the Malaysian physical market still going strong and Singapore introducing further onerous measures to cool the domestic property market, it sees Malaysian property developers as benefiting from rising demand for their property, especially in the current low interest rate environment.

Macquarie Equities Research is therefore moving to Overweight position on the Malaysian property sector from Neutral, with UEM Land as our top pick for 2013.

Here’s more:

Tightening, if any, could have least impact on Johor: The key risk from our perspective over the past 12 months has been the potential for tightening by Bank Negara to curb price rises. While we would not discount the possibility of more measures being introduced, we prefer to be in the market which would be least impacted should tightening measures be introduced.

We are therefore shifting our preference to Johor over Klang Valley as the top market in Malaysia for 2013. With affordability ratio in Johor still well below average levels, we believe that property launches in the region will see strong demand even if lending is tightened further.

Election fears overblown: Property developers have largely underperformed the broad market since last year pending general elections in Malaysia. We believe these fears are overblown, as companies under our coverage have already accumulated plenty of land bank for future development.

SP Setia and Mah Sing have undeveloped land bank with GDV of RM56bn and RM19bn respectively. In comparison, their new sales targets for 2013 are RM5bn and RM3bn respectively. UEM Land is the single largest listed owner of land bank in Iskandar, and with significant private investment already flowing through to the region, we believe it is unlikely this will be reversed whatever be the outcome of the general elections.

2013 could be the tipping point for earnings: While 2012 was famously regarded as the tipping point for Iskandar region, we believe 2013 would be the tipping point for the earnings of property developers, particularly our top pick UEM Land. Our earnings estimates are 44% above consensus for 2013 for UEM Land and 20% above consensus for the rest of the peer group.

Outlook Upgrading Property sector to Overweight, UEM Land is our top pick: Strong earnings outlook coupled with reasonable valuations makes for a solid investment case in favour of the Malaysian property sector, in our view.

Malaysian developers currently trade at ~1.3x 2013E P/BV vs their ASEAN peers, which average 2.5x and 14.5x 2013E PER vs. 18x for their ASEAN peers. Our top pick, UEM Land, trades at a 20% discount to our RNAV estimate and one standard deviation below its historical average on a forward P/BV basis.

Last edited:

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,

does anyone knows where in JB i can make good stickers?
any good shop and places to recommend?

also anyone knows are there any places in JB that prints such decals for 1/48 aircraft scale models?
ztz48022d1.jpg

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from visiting both HH and UEM office. I also met up with a few agents along the way. My summary is, things are really heating up...... I met one particular agent who didnt even have time to have her lunch. She was telling me that land at Leisure Farm and Ledang Heights are selling like hot cakes!

I had an invitation to next week launch hence, pop in to UEM office to check it out. Hearing what the Sales was telling me, I guess you have to be real lucky to be able to pick one of the 20 units of Semi D up for sale. For those who are going for it, good luck.

Cheers
N

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
The difference in buying properties vs equities is precisely that. You have just mentioned what could possibly happen with equity market but not property. Property market might plunge but for very different reasons such as subprime bubbles (but that took many many years to build up), major crisis (collapse of financial market), etc. If you analyze the two major crisis (Asian Financial Crisis and GFC), you will find that most property market actual recovers within one year. But never on a change of Govt. As you have mentioned, in the last election the equity market fell 40% but was the property market affected? Property is not so liquid for people to just react emotionally. The danger with many people is buying property with a stock market mentality. Be very careful because you will find yourself in the wrong steps at the wrong time, everytime!

Cheers
N

I dont dare to buy anything until after the elections. There are talks that Johor will fall to the opposition and in the short term ( at least 1-3 years ), prices of properties and shares will fall like dominos.

The last elections when BN lost a few States but still WIN the whole elections, market shares dropped 40% already. I cannot imagine how economy in Johor will be like if it falls to the opposition. In the long term obviously it MIGHT be a blessing in disguise. We are talking about short term.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Met up with a few good people as well as had a bad experience at Kinsahi recently in Bukit Indah (went there for lunch on my special day)

A very good Chinese TCM physician, his clinic is at his home at:
22, Jalan makmur 44(lunch 12-1.30pm, closed on Thu), its very near Nusa Bestari. Very competent and kind. He knows the Wu Qin Xi (5 animals play or exercise) as well as other Qigong and gave us advice on health.

He did bloodletting for some of the patients as well as myself and i was amazed by what actually came bubbling out. He helped took out blood clots and correctly diagnosed someone close to me as being likely infertile without even needing to check her pulse. Honest chap as well, only takes RM 20 for each pax no matter how much he has to "straighten" you out. Refused to take more even when we insisted.

Sent my mother to Sutera mall with relatives for shopping and massage afterwards, while she was there, an old lady noticed how hard she was struggling to walk. My mum told her that i will be taking her to massage so she will be better later, turns out that the old lady had a card she shared with my mother and told her the address. Even though i had just came back from a long drive to KL to explore new properties the day before (many thanks to a very learned bro, more on that later), i insisted on bringing my mom immediately there when the old lady told her that this gent is really good in TCM. She told us he insists on only receiving 20 RM at most and also wants people to have food first before coming.

Its a bit hard to find though (double storey terrace) and we spent a bit of time searching but finally found his place, its very hard to park as unfortunately the lane is cramped and the neighbours were a bit abusive at those parking outside.

Long queue was inside and when we finally got to our turn, the old lady came in but with her grandson and daughter in law. I asked my mother for permission and offered our seats and places to her since it was because of her that we were there in the first place. So in the end, we gave our place to her and her relatives. 4 pax later, finally our turn. Turns out my mother was really lucky as the old aunty was actually from Batam and came all the way to JB just to see him. Because she had helped us, in the end, she helped herself as we let her go in front of us, she actually made it earlier for the ferry back.

Lots of accupuncture and blood letting later (of which very dark blood which had became very gel-like came out) and we were all covered in bandages. My dad had a shock as everyone came back with bandages, he also helped a relative who had issues with her hands.

My mother was very impressed. I would like to share what he said of general health tips here:

Avoid ice drinks, other than disturbing the balance and efficiency of ones digestive systems, it is detrimental to many aspects of health.

Get out in the sun more, especially the sun before 9am. Helps in absorbing calcium, etc.

Avoid drinking water that has been left overnight especially for old people. For long term health, drink very little water at night and drink lots of water in the early morning that has been boiled and left to cool, when it has cool down about 30%, proceed to drink in slow sips.

For folks who have issues with walking and feeling aches in heel area, get 8 pandan leaves and 5 cups of water. Make it into a sort of tea
by boiling it together (please wash the leaves first) and after it has cooled, put in some rock sugar and drink it over 30 sips over the course
of a morning.

After 3-5 days of doing this, one should find that their symptoms has cleared up.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lots of things changing, bus stops with shelters sprouting up. More vehicle traffic observed outside at Giant recently. Education hub being set up in the library at Sutera mall side.

A very learned bro took me to KL recently and we set off very early in the morning to look at some projects in KL. Very interesting trip, went to Mid Valley, etc and also went to some old markets for food.

Had delicious wanton noodles instead as the super famous cha kway tiao was ALREADY sold out before 10am, very nice hainanese tea/coffee (yuanyang style), very nice popiah and also excellent toasted bread that reminded me of Singapore in the early 80s. Went around lots of new projects including one with their MRT system right beside it. Then while the women went shopping, we met up with folks there before heading back. Had a very nice Hokkien mee and with nice ngo hiang, we started the journey back.

A bit congested for our liking but overall, good experience, saw many areas which my good bro painstakingly helped to point out, he really is an expert in KL and helped to us form a pretty good understanding of what is up and coming and the good areas to look at.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The difference in buying properties vs equities is precisely that. You have just mentioned what could possibly happen with equity market but not property. Property market might plunge but for very different reasons such as subprime bubbles (but that took many many years to build up), major crisis (collapse of financial market), etc. If you analyze the two major crisis (Asian Financial Crisis and GFC), you will find that most property market actual recovers within one year. But never on a change of Govt. As you have mentioned, in the last election the equity market fell 40% but was the property market affected? Property is not so liquid for people to just react emotionally. The danger with many people is buying property with a stock market mentality. Be very careful because you will find yourself in the wrong steps at the wrong time, everytime!

Cheers
N

Property is less liquid as compared as that of stocks, etc and hence any changes takes a long time. Any time is a good time and any time is also a bad time depending on ones perspective. Any markets can always head in any direction but properties takes a longer time to react to market changes.

I may well be wrong but i see some current changes that may affect for better or for worse the trend of property:

1. Major increase in land, building cost and construction labour shortage
2. Currency strengthening and currency weakening over the course of 2013
3. Implementation of the minimum price for foreigners and the possible staggering of the rise.
4. Government announcements over certain infrastructure changes

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi,

does anyone knows where in JB i can make good stickers?
any good shop and places to recommend?

also anyone knows are there any places in JB that prints such decals for 1/48 aircraft scale models?
View attachment 8897

Yes, there are lots of printers here, one very near to the Overseas Tyre shop and i have seen them printing stickers and decals before.
For scale models, if i am not wrong, you would likely need those decals that are applied using water.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are talks that Johor will fall to the opposition and in the short term ( at least 1-3 years ), prices of properties and shares will fall like dominos.

For Johor to fall into the opposition is very unlikely. In fact, Johor was the birthplace of UMNO. Their opposition themselves are not that united in reality, as 2 of them will always have confronting views and administration. Which 2 I believe everyone would already know. Unless they can get their act together, I doubt they can go much further than presently. The above are just my views.

Status
Not open for further replies.