• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis, you are being too hard on the "true blue Singaporean"... What you have termed "meek and not so aggressive" others might view it as being attempt to be neighbourly and trying to achieve a peaceful solution. Aggression leads to more confrontation and an undesirable result which leads to everyone involved being the "losers". An attempt at a peaceful resolution to a situation is much more desirable than outright confrontation. It is an action of last resort if in a dire situation. The saying "live to fight another day..." is something not to be overlooked or scoffed at. In saying that, some situation do need aggression however this should be tempered with caution. :cool:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently many BN-related shares dropped quite a lot yesterday when there is a looming general election date being announced. Do investors really think that the BN will be overthrown?

Well, even the government-backed Bank Islam Chief Economist thinks so (he's now been suspended from duties by the way...).

LAst election many dont bother to return as every election BN wins. This time when I talk to all of them, all wants to return.

You bet. Just from the M'sians I know (colleagues etc), many have registered to vote for first time (including myself). So, it's going to be interesting...

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a great birthday Wuqi ! Good fortune n good health to u! Thank you for sparking off this thread into a gem of a forum n being here for all .Cheers!!!

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I am quite surprised a BN- backed Bank Chief Economist can have the audacity to predict a BN loss. No wonder his big bosses want him suspended.

An economist's job is to analyse the various scenarios and conclude the what is the impact from each scenario. In this guy's case, he went one step further to say that out of the 3 scenarios he analysed, the scenario where PR will win narrowly is the likest scenario. And he kena hantam for that. Quite a big hoo hah imho. Economists are paid for given analyses and opinions. Just because the opinions are not in favour of the ruling government doesnt mean this guy's an opposition party member and playing politics. Nincompoops.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Wuqi,
I just want to chip in to say: Happy birthday to you!
You are important and special to us in this forum!
You are one of a kind in this world!
So selfless in sharing! And so committed!
Wish you healthy and wealthy
Wish you 2013 a smooth sailing year!

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to their test on 2 estate G&G also not that safe.....all depends on the guards. For those staying there what do you think?

I am not staying in any G&G but I think for the G&G to work, the guards must be super on.
They must be made to know that their job depends on being on.
If they want to relax only, then they can do it at home. They should be sacked.
I have seen developments with Gurkha security.
They are usually good and the way to go.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis, you are being too hard on the "true blue Singaporean"... What you have termed "meek and not so aggressive" others might view it as being attempt to be neighbourly and trying to achieve a peaceful solution. Aggression leads to more confrontation and an undesirable result which leads to everyone involved being the "losers". An attempt at a peaceful resolution to a situation is much more desirable than outright confrontation. It is an action of last resort if in a dire situation. The saying "live to fight another day..." is something not to be overlooked or scoffed at. In saying that, some situation do need aggression however this should be tempered with caution. :cool:

Of course peaceful resolution and being "meek and not so aggressive" will be appreciated in neighbour dispute, unfortunately can't choose your neighbour.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday CNA show featured new citizen also moved to JB to stay for ten months already. Wonder how many years this "Singaporean" family has stayed in SG?

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
when I went to nusa sentral area the other day ,I went in to an old estate called kiara if not mistaken opposite nusa idaman but could drive straight through no security guard though is a guard house empty ,just wondered if once the estate grew older will the estate management or residents do away with the guards for some reason hope some comments from the regulars here thanks

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
when I went to nusa sentral area the other day ,I went in to an old estate called kiara if not mistaken opposite nusa idaman but could drive straight through no security guard though is a guard house empty ,just wondered if once the estate grew older will the estate management or residents do away with the guards for some reason hope some comments from the regulars here thanks

Unlikely to happen if you buy from well established and high end developers .

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny-Happy-Birthday-22.jpg

Happy Birthday Mr Wuqi!

Status
Not open for further replies.