• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesymerej

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. I often load my bicycle on ferry from Changi Village, arrive @ Sungai Rengit and cycle 180kms to Desaru and back through Woodlands. Can definitely see Desaru slowly but sure rousing from her slumber.

Talked to Plenitude sales guy before. He told me Desaru will be the next big thing...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. I often load my bicycle on ferry from Changi Village, arrive @ Sungai Rengit and cycle 180kms to Desaru and back through Woodlands. Can definitely see Desaru slowly but sure rousing from her slumber.

For Sporeans, nothing beats going JB by roads i.e. Tuas or Wdland. Ideal to have houses at Iskandar region.

Currently i need to take a boat to Pengerang if i have a house at Desaru. Alternatively i can go by causeway. But gonna take quite some time to reach Desaru.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part of Nusajaya city taking shape nicely. Photo taken from Legoland.
Photo credit: Nazrey @ Skyscrapercity

8357843396_7e2abe0079_b.jpg

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The status quo will change IF a third link is up at a place like Pasir Gudang. Very BIG IF though..,

For Sporeans, nothing beats going JB by roads i.e. Tuas or Wdland. Ideal to have houses at Iskandar region.

Currently i need to take a boat to Pengerang if i have a house at Desaru. Alternatively i can go by causeway. But gonna take quite some time to reach Desaru.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The status quo will change IF a third link is up at a place like Pasir Gudang. Very BIG IF though..,

If SG is serious abt using Johor as its hinterland/suburb, we need 4 linkages. From Tuas, Causeway, Underground tunnel as proposed by Najib, Punggol-Pasir Gudang. That will cover Singapore's West, North and North East areas nicely but I probably wont see it in my lifetime. haha

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
If SG is serious abt using Johor as its hinterland/suburb, we need 4 linkages. From Tuas, Causeway, Underground tunnel as proposed by Najib, Punggol-Pasir Gudang. That will cover Singapore's West, North and North East areas nicely but I probably wont see it in my lifetime. haha

When are the 2 PMs and their resp teams next scheduled to meet? --that will shed some light on where both parties are heading on policies. Definitely can't expect anything until at least after M'sian GE expected prolly in March.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some unpleasant changes coming...BN don t want Johore to end up like another kelantan, Trengganu or kedah. These states were won by PAS after the Malays complained about the same thing 5 years ago.

Chamber says Johor Malays poorest due to Iskandar

By Nomy Nozwir

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 15 — The Malay Chamber of Commerce (DPMM) claimed today Johor Malays are currently the country’s poorest community, a problem it blamed on Iskandar Malaysia.

Its president Datuk Syed Ali Alattas (picture) said Putrajaya’s land privatisation programme and large-scale land sale to foreigners under the project had triggered massive inflation in the state.

This had made it more difficult for the state’s Malay majority, which he described as poor, to cope with the higher cost of living.

“During the 1800s, the Johor Malays were the richest in the country but they are now the poorest. This is caused by foreigners buying up land here (and caused inflation). We can no longer cope with the high cost of living,” he told a press conference here.

“The development of Iskandar is pushing the Malays backwards, making them more marginalised economically,” he said, adding that the economic disparity between the Johor Malays and the non-Malays was one of the key issues raised at its recent congress.

The Iskandar Malaysia project, situated in Nusajaya at the southern tip of Johor, was conceived during the Abdullah administration. It covers 2,217 sq km and is thrice the size of Singapore

Initially seen as competition, a Singapore paper had reported that the Iskandar project had swayed more expatriates into opting to live on this side of the Causeway, drawn by cheaper and bigger homes in Johor, while Malaysians are grappling to find affordable housing.

While Singapore’s expatriates eye the relatively cheaper houses in Malaysia, Malaysians, especially those who have just joined the workforce, complain that they cannot afford to buy houses. The Singapore dollar is worth about 2.5 times more than the Malaysian ringgit.

In the past, conservative Malay leaders had expressed fear that Johor would be swamped by Singaporeans.

Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, was also reported to have said that Iskandar would help Singapore expand its sovereignty and “drive” Malays into the “forest”.

But a landmark resolution to the long-standing dispute over Malaysian-owned railway land in Singapore 2010 had led not only to a new era of more cordial relations between the two countries but also several landmark deals including a RM3 billion jointly-developed iconic wellness resort in Iskandar.

Singapore is currently the largest source of investment in Iskandar this year.

According to the Chamber, Malays only own 24,000 from the 500,000 acres land accorded for Iskandar.

Syed Ali said the group is calling on the Najib administration to “revise” its policies on Iskandar by reserving “30 per cent of Nusajaya” for the Malays.

The Chamber also wanted Putrajaya to reserve the land in Iskandar for the Malays instead of “foreigners”.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Feng Shui learning hor...like tat lei, not very good for SG. titter.gif

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Four are also necessary if Malaysia and Singapore want an economic development region. You can't have long delays going between the 2 places and expect companies to distribute their offices around (similar to how it is done in Manhattan - both Manhattan and suburbs gain great benefit). Also for LegoLand and Six Flag and other theme parks - transportation delays will cost them big $ as fewer choose to visit from Singapore. Same issues for holding conventions, 1 day meetings… at hotels/convention centers in JB.

There are huge costs to Singapore and Malaysia from transportation delays. 3 links are needed today. 4 within 2 years (even though it won't make it by then). Likely even more within 10 years - unless you could get tons of people to use mass transit (buses, or even more than just the causeway MRT link).

The biggest hope is those with deep pockets and political connection having a big desire for reducing transportation delays. They can then get the projects started and delivered quickly.

I am also concerned about delays just within JB itself. The planned population increases are huge, it seems questionable the roads can really support the increases planned. Vastly increasing the bus quality, coverage, frequency could help a great deal. A widespread MRT could solve the problem but that takes a long time and huge amounts of money. A limited MRT will be great, but not sufficient to alleviate the congestion, I don't think.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the ideal scenario, in addition to the 4 road linkages I mentioned earlier, we should have MRT linkages to Johor via Tuas, Woodlands (Thompson), and Punggol. We can then support a far larger working population in SG but without causing the huge squeeze Singaporeans are currently experiencing, as people will be living in Johor and working in SG. SG and Johor will be much more vibrant as a whole, with spillover effects on JB's retail and hospitalty industries, and good talents migrating to these 2 states.

I had previously emailed my suggestion to the government commitee on population size, but had yet to receive any comments from them. Haha.....

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder SG goverment will like the idea of their population staying at JB. while this maybe good for the people but it also mean a large chuck of $$ will flow out of SG.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder SG goverment will like the idea of their population staying at JB. while this maybe good for the people but it also mean a large chuck of $$ will flow out of SG.

Haha SG media just need to spice up the crime stories everything it happens, and the overwhelming bulk of Singaporeans will stay put.

With 3 MRT & 4 road linkages, non productive SME industries can be shifted across the causeway, and industries requiring huge lands like theme parks, luxury spas & golf courses can be shifted across too. SG will focus on logistics, finance, and high tech manufacturing & R&D, with the labour/land intensive work done across the border.

The overall tourism market should also benefit as tourists have more things to do in SG & JB. There are huge opportunities to develop Johor's west and east areas with improved linkages. Currently, what's happening is that the SG Govt is actively encouraging SMEs to go iskandar, but problems with cross-border travel will inhibit the free flow of goods and people. Sadly, Iskandar currently is still more about theme parks and property investment rather than the creation of quality jobs across a broad spectrum of industries...

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
My unpleasant encounter with Malaysian/SPR.......???????? When he first introduced himself to me he proudly claims he's a Singaporean. Today he states his Malaysian and SPR!!!!!! He claims it's that as he has bought a property here in Horizon Hills Golf precinct, he can park in front of my house and impeded my entry and exit from my drive??? Trying to reason with him has led to angry words exchanged. Township has spoken to him on several occasions BUT that has no effect. The DMC that the purchasers have signed doesn't seem to apply to him, so it seems. Only applies to the other owners!!!! He's bought a SD and has his in-laws staying with him thereby having 5 or 6 cars. So he has decided the road in front of my house is his "personal" parking space. My concern is that others will take it as alright to follow and park in front of my neighbours and my house ad he doesn't have enough parking space for all the cars in his house!! So much for living in a High-end community!!!!! I have escalated this to the management and now waiting for their decision.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My unpleasant encounter with Malaysian/SPR.......???????? When he first introduced himself to me he proudly claims he's a Singaporean. Today he states his Malaysian and SPR!!!!!! He claims it's that as he has bought a property here in Horizon Hills Golf precinct, he can park in front of my house and impeded my entry and exit from my drive??? Trying to reason with him has led to angry words exchanged. Township has spoken to him on several occasions BUT that has no effect. The DMC that the purchasers have signed doesn't seem to apply to him, so it seems. Only applies to the other owners!!!! He's bought a SD and has his in-laws staying with him thereby having 5 or 6 cars. So he has decided the road in front of my house is his "personal" parking space. My concern is that others will take it as alright to follow and park in front of my neighbours and my house ad he doesn't have enough parking space for all the cars in his house!! So much for living in a High-end community!!!!! I have escalated this to the management and now waiting for their decision.

Even SGD3mil(RM7.5mil) houses in Sg face such parking problems. See my old post with photos http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?124792-Living-in-JB-3-(Johore)&p=1334630#post1334630

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Being Malaysian doesnt entitle him to more privileges living in HH. Just a selfish person, regardless of nationality. My understanding of DMC is that it is inherited/passed on to new owner in the event of subsale. Can always check your DMC to confirm. Assuming you are first owner, the original owner of the SD would have signed the same DMC as you. Use this to your advantage to dispel any crap/bs about DMC not applicable to subsale owners. I dont think its logical.

Worst case scenario, put rubbish bin, or any object in front of your house to "chope" the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.