• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo Bro , what a woman want is security ! You tell her to put money in JB house ? To her this might be the most risky investment ever ! Her friends , relatives maybe telling her all the bad things all these while , how to feel safe ?

Ya Loh..!

Bring her to a nice candle light dinner at the best resturant in Nusajaya . Try telling her this: " Dear , all these years have been working very hard so that we can save enough to enjoy our retirement , and have dinner like what we are having tonight . But I forsee that if we do nothing now , we maybe ended up wipe tables in Singapore until late 80s . Why not we built a simple home here in JB , and rent out the HDB when our childrens are on their own ? We might be able to retire early ,enjoy things you like such as cooking together , do some gardening , fishing , etc . Things are different now in Nusajaya , it is getting better and safer , lots of my friends who invested here are all doing fine . Show her the list of homeowners in Iskandar , to proof it "
Good luck

Hahaha Bro thanks... Said liao leh...Tak Jalan for her leh....:smile:Thank you for the ideas haha

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DWKY9,

Respectfully, you have to give her time and time to process what you have said. It can only make sense if what you said is what she experienced. I like to share what I have just learnt between intellectual knowledge vs experience (this includes other peoples' experience). So, whenever there is a contradiction between knowledge vs experience, experience will prevail psychologically.

Like Bro Jasonjst said, she might be surrounded by the naysayers (95% of the population)=experience, while you are giving her some intellectual knowledge that most probably contradicts it. I hope you recognise that you are on a uphill battle if you merely trying to talk her out of it. Now, like many have suggested, she needs more positive experience of JB in whatever manner (you know best) to reinforced the intellectual knowledge she has gotten from you before things start to make sense.

I hope I am making sense here. IMHO, no point pushing it through without her supporting it. Be patience with her, have joy and peace whatever it might be.

Good luck,
N

Hi Nusajaya.. Ya i agreed with you..:smile: Thank you

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
ft

nice one bro Jason :smile: You are quite a romantic huh? One fine day must pm me where to find a nice candle light restaurant in JB.

just two days ago New Paper headline a Singaporean shot in JB. Alive as shot his thigh - -happened in Molek. They hinted got to do with becoming a chairman ofa local temple & drive around in his BMW. Better to keep low profile as a policy in life....I only say this so that bro DWKY9 make sure hide the New Paper as he embarks on his persuasion on his wife....

Hahaha...Shssst ! Lucky my wife no time to read New Paper:smile:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....BUt the problem now is that she is not in her buying mode mindset now. Especially she also a part Financier for the house. Important she must agreed and this is what im trtying to so call pyshco her nw and after. Just like today,.....i even explained ..... if we buy a house we can live in there but if money in the bank we cant live in the bank. morever the interest rate not that fantastic. .....

Hahah sure... But 2014? I wish ! Hmm....maybe 2016 kwa...

So many cheering for u DWKY9 so keep on trying. Hehehe sounds like all helping u to ' butter up ' wifey n melt her heart. But I think u r doing a good job yourself as u know better. Methinks she is now in contemplative mode. Anyway, no matter what we r all rooting for u be it 2014 or later .Good luck n keep us updated !!!

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey...why pm~ share here share here... *slurp*

Ok got one new shop just open at Bestari , same row as RHB Bank / Uncle Jung . Sell Tim Sum and Chicken rice , roast pork . Have tried the Tim Sum already , not bad leh ! I wonder they sell TUTU CAKE too ? Also they open as early as 7am , just in time have breakfeast and drive to work via 2nd link .
The other one , must let me find out the name / address first , most Singaporean cant get there without GPS ..:smile:

Last edited:

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro..Thank you:smile: Yes what you said is true..BUt the problem now is that she is not in her buying mode mindset now. Especially she also a part Financier for the house. Important she must agreed and this is what im trtying to so call pyshco her nw and after. Just like today,while on the way i sending her to work, i mentioned to her that i really want to buy the house in JB. It for our old age, and again i said it not an impulsive buying it and chance and opportunity not to be miss by now if we dont act fast. i even explained to her i rather put those saving in somehwere that can make abit more money than in the bank. Plus if we buy a house we can live in there but if money in the bank we cant live in the bank. morever the interest rate not that fantastic.

I said kitchen we can do it slowly even we can hack abit here and there to cater her desire kitchen. She never say anything..So i keep quiet loh...HAhahaha:smile:

Dwky9,

Your wife will be more receptive to invest in Nusajaya if she gets to see more of the development or at least read about changes in Nusajaya. This to be follow by hearing positive experiences from those who resides there or those with favourable experience from their investment. Your role is to enable her to access these information and third parties experiences. Once you have done that, your wife will be doing the pushing instead of you. Meantime, you must do more research and preparation like choice of properties, financing outlay and etc for that fateful day. I have little doubt given the imformation and third parties experiences, your wife will figure out the benefits of investing in Nusajaya. I am sure that day is not too far away. Good luck.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha Bro thanks... Said liao leh...Tak Jalan for her leh....:smile:Thank you for the ideas haha

Wow, the forum has turn amusing, romantic and sentimental. Yes there are a lot of nay sayers and I would have gone in 3 yrs ago if not for them. Well never late than never.

Just to share some of the negative arguments I got.
1 ) JB not safe, the latest shooting in Molek does not help. But I then ask some of the SPR Johorean, if JB so not safe why you still stay there ? Why dun to get the HDB resale or rent something in Singapore. Then I get a lot of strange excuses from no money, malaysian must stay in Malaysia, ............ I think we all know the real reason.

2 ) Malaysian policy can flip flop. I think this is everywhere. Even Sgp gov changes policies due to political and economic climate. I heard some complains from FT about the recent P1 registration where citizen get priority.

3 ) Exchange rate will impact your investment. I am not an economist but my arguement will be if the current climate where the mid to high end properties are being purchase by Malaysian SPR, Sgp spill over then the exchange rate raise and fall will be adjusted by the price increase or drop as well. Since the demand are from folks earning Sgp dollar.

4 ) Iskandar may turn out not as what was projected given the track record. Well I am always impress with the highways when I go to KL. The interchange are really complex and even with GPS I get lost due to the multiple layers. From this forum you can see that many were surprise that much of the jungle and farm land had turn into the promised development.

We were also unsure but we did our home work thanks to a friend who spend 1 weekend showing us around. We also spend a few family outings to Aeon at BI and the Sutera Mall. The family enjoyed it and my girl like the freshly bake kuih bahulu. God blessed we did not encounter any Mat Rampit or the other crimes we hear in the news. With the positive experience, we decided it was okay and bought a place in Nusa Duta.

I think the experience will be worth the thousand argument for it. May be one of the kind forummers who is already living in JB can invite you and your wife to a face to face sharing. Consider having a short holiday in JB itself say for 3 nights and she may feel more comfortable.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Potter....Yes i already know what she wants.....Well, can be achievable. A kitchen with space for an island top. Appliances as standard loh... No need expensive german brand oven etc etc la..

if and only if she agreed..

1st u must enter her kitchen to assist in cooking..互动互动一下.. and stop bringing up buy jb hse topics.
1st u must take her to view and feel those houses with big kitchen with a good layout (not only big). Stop flooding her with yr investments..blar..blar. Just zip.
1st u must have M ready, @ least 30% of down payments, u may ended up with a semi-D or above if she fall in love with one of them. (dun think u will be angry.. titter.gif

so many ones..titter.gif

Last edited:

slash

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL..... the topic should change to "how to tame your wife" !! hahaha
Girls need to be "HONG". Flatter her daily... tell her she is pretty. her new dress is so sexy blah blah. sweeten her until she lose her senses. she will say yes to everything liao!

BTW so many of u here staying in jb. i have a quick question: Do you all know how to speak malay? :biggrin:
I am a little worried because my family and i do not speak malay at all.

I guess we can slowly pick up malay but just worried bout it now.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Girls need to be "HONG". Flatter her daily... tell her she is pretty. her new dress is so sexy blah blah. sweeten her until she lose her senses. she will say yes to everything liao!

BTW so many of u here staying in jb. i have a quick question: Do you all know how to speak malay? :biggrin:

There's a word called "respect".. em100.gif

The comm protocol is "sincerity".em17.gif (mi F9 in malay titter.gif)

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont see it is a problem for not able to speak malay . HOWEVER , a good place to learn a few daily conversion is right here:-
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?112949-Some-common-Malay-words-that-are-useful-to-know-in-JB

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, dont worry, soon you will be as conversant as your forefathers who know how to speak bazaar Malay. Just my own observation of Sporean Chinese of my and the newer generations. Living in Singapore have conditioned you to be so fixated on learning/conversing in English and mother tongue only that you have lost the ability to speak dialects and even Bazaar Malay which your forefathers have the ability to do so. Contrast this with Msian Chinese, we still retain the ability to do that. Hopefully with the move to Malaysia, your family can pick up this ability. Very useful one!

Last edited:

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Anybody bought this Nusa Sentral - Summer Rose? Please advise. The agent called my SIL, introduced her this project. Need your advise here. Thank you

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many cheering for u DWKY9 so keep on trying. Hehehe sounds like all helping u to ' butter up ' wifey n melt her heart. But I think u r doing a good job yourself as u know better. Methinks she is now in contemplative mode. Anyway, no matter what we r all rooting for u be it 2014 or later .Good luck n keep us updated !!!

Hahaha Thank you thank you..:smile:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dwky9,

Your wife will be more receptive to invest in Nusajaya if she gets to see more of the development or at least read about changes in Nusajaya. This to be follow by hearing positive experiences from those who resides there or those with favourable experience from their investment. Your role is to enable her to access these information and third parties experiences. Once you have done that, your wife will be doing the pushing instead of you. Meantime, you must do more research and preparation like choice of properties, financing outlay and etc for that fateful day. I have little doubt given the imformation and third parties experiences, your wife will figure out the benefits of investing in Nusajaya. I am sure that day is not too far away. Good luck.

Hi Malaysiaboleh

Thank you. Doing that now:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.