• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Petronas petrol station is being built right next to Aeon Bukit Indah, very convenient to pump petrol next time.

Yes, there is also a new one that opened a while back at Perling. BHP, i always like to fill up at their stations.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, making my maiden post. I was wondering whether there are cluster houses priced within the range of RM600K -650K in Nusa Duta. If I register the house under my children's names, will the banks have issues i.e. borrower is not the registered owner of the house. Also, will HDB force them to sell this foreign property if they wish to apply for a flat in Singapore when they get married? Thanks.

Hi sabre339, pretty unlikely for clusters, definitely still have for terraces i think. Maybe the earlier phase you would still have a chance but the bank valuation for this type stands or is now above 700k. I would humbly think it is better to go for terraces if you have tight budget. If its for own stay, buy the biggest you can reasonably afford, if for investment, buy the smaller ones OR the biggest ones depending on your risk appetite. Of course, high gains means high risk, there is almost always some kind of trade off.

You can put their names inside as joint borrowers or if age is prohibitive, best to put their names. Yes, they will have to but by then, prices may have changed and you may be able to sell it and use it to finance and get another one with your own name inside.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Saw this piece a news today:-

The oversupply of properties due to buyers' speculation may cause the secondary residential property market to slow down in the next six to 12 months.

Siva Shanker, Deputy President of Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA), noted that the oversupply would make "secondary properties in secondary locations," difficult to sell.

He said that the RM400,000 price tag is impossible to achieve, hence the property would be sold for RM350,000, making the buying public believe that prices have gone down.

"But in actuality, prices didn't fall. You bought at RM300,000 and sold it at RM350,000. You tried to flip the property, but you didn't get the level of profit you thought you could get. But you walked away with a profit nevertheless," he added.

For the latest*property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our*Property News*section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for*Malaysian Properties, may like to visit*http://www.propertyguru.com.my*today.

Thanks for sharing this, interesting points to note and some are very valid as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
TQ for feedback .Hmmmm, so there r HH residents who do not install grilles. Perhaps not so much as to save on on the cost but they find the security there reliable or these r rented homes? Its kinda sad isn't it that we pay more for a G&G residence but all the same need to be grilled within our homes to ensure peace of mind on our security. sigh.....

Hi MsTrii, actually some houses in some developments here, that their actual owners stay in don't have grilles installed while quite a few that are rented out do have grilles (i know, go figure) Some rely on more active security forms as well as passive deterrence. Having good neighbours is pretty important too. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
ya, lar guess can't be helped in today's society........better feel like jailbird rather than end up dead bird

Yes, better to be safe than sorry but again, depends on what you want. You can also install thinner grilles or invisble grille (though these are not so strong)

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this piece a news today:-

The oversupply of properties due to buyers' speculation may cause the secondary residential property market to slow down in the next six to 12 months.

A misconception that property prices will crash arises as one seller start to lower the price and then others follow.

"It's not what people think - that property prices are crashing. A person buys an apartment for RM300,000 and after two years, wants to sell for RM400,000 and puts it on the market. But then, others also start doing the same and the buyer gets spoilt for choice," Siva said, citing an example of a 300-unit apartment block for sale.

He said that the RM400,000 price tag is impossible to achieve, hence the property would be sold for RM350,000, making the buying public believe that prices have gone down.

So the above seems to mean that sellers asking for the heaven in prices will actually cause the market prices to fall.

So investors here should not be cheering too early if they see exaggerated asking prices of similar properties as when that property actually transacted at a lower price than asking will invite more sellers on the sideline to sell as they think that the market is coming down and in the end the heavy supply will push prices down further.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
So the above seems to mean that sellers asking for the heaven in prices will actually cause the market prices to fall.

So investors here should not be cheering too early if they see exaggerated asking prices of similar properties as when that property actually transacted at a lower price than asking will invite more sellers on the sideline to sell as they think that the market is coming down and in the end the heavy supply will push prices down further.

Good idea to push down on prices as it should be a gradual increase to be sustainable and not like a rocket. There are certain types of properties that are more susceptible to this though so i seldom get into them.

melodysoul

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err not quite agree. I arm the alarm every night when everybody goes to bed. You might get at rude shock if intruders break in into your bedroom while you are having your wet dream! We even install infrared sensors above the ceiling in case Spiderman come down from the rooftop.

Hi Jasonjst,

Your description about the spiderman is indeed very funny:smile:
But it is very possible and plausible. Thank you for sharing.

Heard from my father-in-laws friend (a local here) who is currently staying in a gated & guarded community as well.
His house got hacked in through the roof while he was away.

So everything is possible, depending on luck & taking some necessary precaution to reduce the probability of this
from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

melodysoul

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I installed ADT system in early 2011. Charged abt RM3000 for abt 30 contact/vibration sensors, 1 smoke detection sensor, 2 motion sensors, 1 external alarm, 2 control monitors/panic alarm. 3 years contract. Monthly fee RM75 (if there is activation, call centre will call you). After 3 years contract, the system can still be used (contact/vibration sensors, alarm) if I choose not to continue with the monthly RM75 payment. Just that the call centre will not be alerted.

For your reference...

Hi Austin_hts,

Thanks for sharing your alarm system with us. We are not sure about the sensor part though. It sounds too technical for us.

The gentleman that we approached, shared with us that its a Taiwanese brand that they carry.

We were at Setia Tropika today went to a shop They have airconditoner units, the shop also provide alarm system, the price
is also about $1700+/-, hence i would think a standard alarm is around this price.

Maybe unless we upgrade it to a better system then probably will have the features like your ADT system with more sensors.

Btw ADT is a familiar name in Spore, sounds more reliable. Wonder I can get the contact of your vendor? Did you install CCTV?

If possible, we would like to install everything, but budget constraint & also considering it's a rental house

Oh just to share, the shop name in Setia Tropika
Doing alarm got a banner called Elba, the shop also does TV channels, Astro, etc ... Btw we are not related in anyway also just to share for future Setia Tropika new residents like us trying to explore..

We are also in the midst to find cable TV, either do the normal package at $350 or Astro channel. Also signed up for Internet today at the Setia Tropika
Office- they have TM package, costs about $140 for 4 mbp download, our neighbour next door said can install Unifi but the Setia office lady said our precinct cannot install it yet. :( Sincerely hope that the Internet service can be installed within these few days

Forgot to share, saw there's this childcare centre at the Setia Tropika area, Cherie Hearts
Looks interesting ....

Till then. I bid you, adieu.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Austin_hts,

Thanks for sharing your alarm system with us. We are not sure about the sensor part though. It sounds too technical for us.

The gentleman that we approached, shared with us that its a Taiwanese brand that they carry.

We were at Setia Tropika today went to a shop They have airconditoner units, the shop also provide alarm system, the price
is also about $1700+/-, hence i would think a standard alarm is around this price.

Maybe unless we upgrade it to a better system then probably will have the features like your ADT system with more sensors.

Btw ADT is a familiar name in Spore, sounds more reliable. Wonder I can get the contact of your vendor? Did you install CCTV?

If possible, we would like to install everything, but budget constraint & also considering it's a rental house

Doing alarm got a banner called Elba, the shop also does TV channels, Astro, etc ... Btw we are not related in anyway also just to share for future Setia Tropika new residents like us trying to explore..

We are also in the midst to find cable TV, either do the normal package at $350 or Astro channel. Also signed up for Internet today at the Setia Tropika
Office- they have TM package, costs about $140 for 4 mbp download, our neighbour next door said can install Unifi but the Setia office lady said our precinct cannot install it yet. :( Sincerely hope that the Internet service can be installed within these few days

Forgot to share, saw there's this childcare centre at the Setia Tropika area, Cherie Hearts
Looks interesting ....

My friend who is also staying in Setia Tropika bought most of his security alarms (windows, doors, roofs sensors) from aliexpress.com and doing the installation by himself using the user guide. These sensors are units that connects to an alarm console, where you include a GSM card. If there is a break-in, the console sends out an sms to you. It is possible to add up to 99 units of sensors to the alarm console.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is possible, the most direct route is through MM2H where its also the least costly (at least for the car part), else you have to export it to several countries before bringing it in to MY. Then you have to pay pretty hefty taxes so in the end not so worth it unless you are really attached to your car.

That's a pity. I was also toying with the idea of exporting my car (coe expiring in 2 yrs) to Malaysia. Looks like it may be more viable to buy a used car in Sg and a Malaysian car.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry Captainjones, it will cost a bit more but you can ship to Vietnam, etc and have it "come" to Malaysia but it will be time consuming as well.

Hi Honda crv, likely it will be 1.6k rather than anything else? Additional 0 makes a lot of difference sometimes.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi MsTrii, actually some houses in some developments here, that their actual owners stay in don't have grilles installed while quite a few that are rented out do have grilles (i know, go figure) Some rely on more active security forms as well as passive deterrence. Having good neighbours is pretty important too. :smile:

Yes, better to be safe than sorry but again, depends on what you want. You can also install thinner grilles or invisble grille (though these are not so strong)

Many thanks Sir Wuqi on your 'grille'ing comments. Wish I were brave enough like u to do away wif grilles altogether .Like to feel free though....No lar, cost of invisible grilles will also make my purse invisible.Will make do wif 'zen' grille - simplistitic design ,cost n maintainence effective.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
The alarm can be triggered by different sensors :

1) vibration sensor - small box usually attached to windows or fixed glass panels. Triggered by vibration, eg strong knocks. Sensitivity can be adjusted ( 3 levels i think ).

2) contact sensor - 2 pieces, attached to eg two doors, two windows. Triggered when the two pieces are separated, eg door forced open.

3) motion sensor - similar to energy saving sensors used in toilets(for lights). Triggered when movement (objects or people) is detected within range.

4) smoke sensor - usually installed in kitchen or staircase.

Hope the above helps.

Have PM u ADT contact. Cheers.

Hi Austin_hts,

Looks interesting ....

--------------Changed Sertia to Setia instead as well as others--------------

sabre339

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sabre339, pretty unlikely for clusters, definitely still have for terraces i think. Maybe the earlier phase you would still have a chance but the bank valuation for this type stands or is now above 700k. I would humbly think it is better to go for terraces if you have tight budget. If its for own stay, buy the biggest you can reasonably afford, if for investment, buy the smaller ones OR the biggest ones depending on your risk appetite. Of course, high gains means high risk, there is almost always some kind of trade off.

You can put their names inside as joint borrowers or if age is prohibitive, best to put their names. Yes, they will have to but by then, prices may have changed and you may be able to sell it and use it to finance and get another one with your own name inside.

Thanks bro, Wuqi for your kind advice. I was doing a simple calculation based on the above 700K price. With all the fees to pay, reno etc...the final price can easily creep up to RM$1M. Sad...not rich enough!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, i regretted installing grilles, now for some of my houses i don't even put grilles anymore.

Wuqi, you are very brave indeed, even though yours may be G&G. I'm sure you should know that the G&G at Sutera also got broken into.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, you are very brave indeed, even though yours may be G&G. I'm sure you should know that the G&G at Sutera also got broken into.

Hi winners, crime is everywhere so i guess its about being prudent and having other passive and active systems.
Some burglars/robbers may not make it though if they attack certain houses.

Like a learned friend always said to me, the fence is for "their" protection, not mine.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks bro, Wuqi for your kind advice. I was doing a simple calculation based on the above 700K price. With all the fees to pay, reno etc...the final price can easily creep up to RM$1M. Sad...not rich enough!

Hi sabre, don't be sad. Maybe renegotiate with the guys and see. You don't need to do up the renovation one shot. As we all did in the past, it can be slowly and one by one. Its freehold after all so you can just renovate the main stuff which is dusty and noisy. Things like grilles, aircon and kitchen cabinets, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.