• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

Btw can ask e seniors here if got lobang for
Transport from SG to Msia
Install Alarm & CCTV
Painting Job

Thought you are currently renting in gated and guarded Setia Tropica precinct. Why want to come out pocket money to install alarm and CCTV and also painting... would put you back by a few months of rental money ... unnecessary unless you are renting on a very long term basis, more than 3 years, my personal opinion.

melodysoul

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought you are currently renting in gated and guarded Setia Tropica precinct. Why want to come out pocket money to install alarm and CCTV and also painting... would put you back by a few months of rental money ... unnecessary unless you are renting on a very long term basis, more than 3 years, my personal opinion.

Hi Newbie,

Thank you for your reply and advise.

Happy to know u remember we are the one staying in Sertia Tropika:smile:

Yes. Just renting for 1 year to test if we can adapt in JB living and has put off the plan for 3 years till we meet the MOP to rent out our flat

Wuqi mentioned in JB1 that to stay in a 3 layers security plus alarm system. Hence practising that:smile:
Do members here install alarm?

Thank you

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Newbie,

Thank you for your reply and advise.

Happy to know u remember we are the one staying in Sertia Tropika:smile:

Yes. Just renting for 1 year to test if we can adapt in JB living and has put off the plan for 3 years till we meet the MOP to rent out our flat

Wuqi mentioned in JB1 that to stay in a 3 layers security plus alarm system. Hence practising that:smile:
Do members here install alarm?

Thank you
Some developments already comes with alarm system installed. My personal view is staying in gated and guarded precinct, not necessary to have alarm installed unless there are days where you are going to leave your house vacant for days continuously.

So you only renting for weekend stay? Practising now don't put so much effort :smile: as I am sure prices of renovation services in JB would be much inflated 3 years from now. :(

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some developments already comes with alarm system installed. My personal view is staying in gated and guarded precinct, not necessary to have alarm installed unless there are days where you are going to leave your house vacant for days continuously.

So you only renting for weekend stay? Practising now don't put so much effort :smile: as I am sure prices of renovation services in JB would be much inflated 3 years from now. :(

Err not quite agree. I arm the alarm every night when everybody goes to bed. You might get at rude shock if intruders break in into your bedroom while you are having your wet dream! We even install infrared sensors above the ceiling in case Spiderman come down from the rooftop.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err not quite agree. I arm the alarm every night when everybody goes to bed. You might get at rude shock if intruders break in into your bedroom while you are having your wet dream! We even install infrared sensors above the ceiling in case Spiderman come down from the rooftop.

I agree. Even though i stay in horizon hills, i dont take security for granted

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember reading somewhere that it is inappropriate for her to officiate opening of a college which is attended by the wealthy and 'elite' (back in the UK).... cannot find the article liao...

ok, concede . disappointed. maybe the derailed legoland train photo put her off....

i will still enjoy the habib roti & tea.... :smile:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for kay poh's sake ......anyone among forummers here staying in G&G landed property in JB without installling grilles , alarm , sensor or whatevr security ? Not even pit bull terrier , a venomous viper nor ferocious kungfu ,taekwondo black belt partner/spouse? .....And yet alz good?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hahaha! Hi Jason, is it possible to seal up the access from the roof with grilles?

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I installed ADT system in early 2011. Charged abt RM3000 for abt 30 contact/vibration sensors, 1 smoke detection sensor, 2 motion sensors, 1 external alarm, 2 control monitors/panic alarm. 3 years contract. Monthly fee RM75 (if there is activation, call centre will call you). After 3 years contract, the system can still be used (contact/vibration sensors, alarm) if I choose not to continue with the monthly RM75 payment. Just that the call centre will not be alerted.

For your reference...

Please ignore
cos i saw an earlier post by a forumer who said he providing transport

Btw can ask e seniors here if got lobang for
Transport from SG to Msia
Install Alarm & CCTV
Painting Job

Also want to seek advise:
I contacted 1 alarm installation guy recommended here
He is Alvin. His charge is 1700 RM for alarm sytem and 4200 RM for alarm + CCTV
Is this price okay?

Thank you

The posts here are really fast .. in JB3 already 40 plus pages. i spent an hr browsing e 40 pages
wow.. some nice forumers share a no of information
really nice of them:smile:

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for kay poh's sake ......anyone among forummers here staying in G&G landed property in JB without installling grilles , alarm , sensor or whatevr security ? Not even pit bull terrier , a venomous viper nor ferocious kungfu ,taekwondo black belt partner/spouse? .....And yet alz good?

Hey in HH, you can still find houses without grills. Imagine the robbers can just smash the glass panel or the balcony door and simply strolled in. But i guess they think its ok because they saved about RM 10k for the grills.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha! Hi Jason, is it possible to seal up the access from the roof with grilles?

Cannot lah, too costly to construct, must grill up the whole ceiling area , not just the access manhole leh. However, I do know some kasu Malaysian in those non-gated house install these grill. When alarm trigger, run for your life via the secret door and seek help from neighbor. One thing I like about Malaysia is the neighbors are very responsive to help

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I installed ADT system in early 2011. Charged abt RM3000 for abt 30 contact/vibration sensors, 1 smoke detection sensor, 2 motion sensors, 1 external alarm, 2 control monitors/panic alarm. 3 years contract. Monthly fee RM75 (if there is activation, call centre will call you). After 3 years contract, the system can still be used (contact/vibration sensors, alarm) if I choose not to continue with the monthly RM75 payment. Just that the call centre will not be alerted.

For your reference...

It is a good to have leh. I feel the RM75 is an unnecessary spending. Most OEM alarm system got the entire feature of ADT. Just get the installer to programmed your tel no and guardroom no into the system can liao. It’s free! The guard should send someone to check if alarm is trigger, otherwise why we pay them 100 buck for what?

Last edited:

nesta0013

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro and sis here, would like to ask have anyone of you used any cleaning services from any company for your HH house before? If their service is good, can you recommend which company and their contact?

One of my buddy is planning to do a final cleaning for his house, but no clue where to get this service ard HH area.
Many thanks.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot lah, too costly to construct, must grill up the whole ceiling area , not just the access manhole leh. However, I do know some kasu Malaysian in those non-gated house install these grill. When alarm trigger, run for your life via the secret door and seek help from neighbor. One thing I like about Malaysia is the neighbors are very responsive to help

Ok thanks for your reply Jason.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
today went to mall of medini ..... just few shops opened ..... looks a bit run down ....
legoland very crowded n car parks full of cars and coaches ....
4pm came back n jammed at jb custom for 1hr plus until my right calf start to have cramps n a** in pain for sitting so long.....

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
High time to buy a malaysia car and pump Ron 95 liao ?

Unless usage is high then it is worth to get malaysia car. for short trips in jb area during weekends or holiday, the cost for buying and maintenance is not justifiable.

Don't get OLD one like me, broke down a few times and condition also not that good. Fuel consumption is 8km/l for 1500cc carburetor car as compared to my SG toyota corolla G9 manual which can get 13~15km/l .

The saving of pumping 95 instead of 97 is not sufficient to offset the cost of owning another MY car.

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
today went to mall of medini ..... just few shops opened ..... looks a bit run down ....
legoland very crowded n car parks full of cars and coaches ....
4pm came back n jammed at jb custom for 1hr plus until my right calf start to have cramps n a** in pain for sitting so long.....

hi sis,
I cancelled my trip today at the last minute as worried about the jam after the 1-week school hols. I hope you dont mind if I ask (to learn for future planning);
1. you came back by 2nd link?
2. If you are stuck 1 hour at JB side alone, how long at Singapore side CIQ?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i came bk fr 1st link. sg takes abt 10 mins. i thought evening jam will be worse like last week. was stucked 1hrs plus at 10 plus nite time. tats y i left today late afternoon to come bk sg also jammed...

Status
Not open for further replies.