• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey all,

Wants to remind all that Legoland is closed every Wednesday for the month of oct n just the first Wednesday of November, if you intend to bring your Myanmar maid, she requires a visa to enter Malaysia, we were stucked at the hv custom for more than an hour for the exit letter to leave Jb.

Thanks for sharing that, the Medini mall beside it is still open, even on Wednesdays but the Legoland is definitely closed for cleaning/maintenance.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thxs very much for the info, Sanur. Was actually planning to bring my kids there this wed but will change to thurs instead.

That's the Legoland opening days n time for the month of October.
Mon to fri-10am to 6 pm
Saturday 10am- 8 pm
Sunday 10am- 6pm
Only 26 oct 10am- 8pm

Have fun!!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
if Macs lapsed.They just chop yr passport.
No big deal because nowsadays no need to find and fill up white card.

But if commute daily, you risk running out of passport pages.

Thanks Bro Batok Seri. I just did the MACS. Its really easy, except that you need exact change of RM 30. Your instructions on location were spot on too. Cheers...

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro Batok Seri. I just did the MACS. Its really easy, except that you need exact change of RM 30. Your instructions on location were spot on too. Cheers...

Bro do u need to bring ur own photos or they will do like in Jusco BI where they just scan ur pic fr ur passport?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheers Reds,

My direction should read "bring just rm30".
but wanted to also mean no need photo.

Amendment

For Second Link
Macs drive thru booth not fully rolled out.
Some confusion.
Better go upstairs for time being.

They just scan your front page passport pic.
For most of us we will look younger in the new Macs page compared to the expired one.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the Legoland opening days n time for the month of October.
Mon to fri-10am to 6 pm
Saturday 10am- 8 pm
Sunday 10am- 6pm
Only 26 oct 10am- 8pm

Have fun!!

Legoland is still not drawing in the crowds during weekends. The car park is only less than half occupied.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody read Singapore's zaobao news today on the speculative RTS stops? Seems pretty exciting if true. This may be the announcement that Najib is waiting to make, for the upcoming GE......

Zaobao speculates the stops to be JB sentral, unku aziz, maju jaya, beringin, setanggi, jalan rebang, pandan, masai bahru, gaya, austin.....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe because it's exam period now...?

Yap. Secondary schools finished exam last week while my primary school going daughter still having her exam up to 1st Nov. Fighting exam with her hand in hand now. Will bring them to Legoland on Depavali day. :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody read Singapore's zaobao news today on the speculative RTS stops? Seems pretty exciting if true. This may be the announcement that Najib is waiting to make, for the upcoming GE......

Zaobao speculates the stops to be JB sentral, unku aziz, maju jaya, beringin, setanggi, jalan rebang, pandan, masai bahru, gaya, austin.....

Singapore side announced not long ago that Thomson line will be in operation on 2019. But Malaysian side targeting to be in operation by 2018. Hello? I thought RTS Singapore side is to be build on one of the station along the Thomson line?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legoland is still not drawing in the crowds during weekends. The car park is only less than half occupied.

Haiyo..tsk,tsk,tsk... all my children's school mates are talking about Legoland now. When we talk about our trip while eating at the coffeeshops, children from the other tables evedrop on our conversations. Even my nursery going nephew have asked to go to Legoland way before it opens. Come holiday may be fullhouse. :biggrin:

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore side announced not long ago that Thomson line will be in operation on 2019. But Malaysian side targeting to be in operation by 2018. Hello? I thought RTS Singapore side is to be build on one of the station along the Thomson line?

Yes, Thomson Line. Station no. TS1, tentative name: Woodlands North, Located near Republic Polytechnic & Woodlands Waterfront.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
At Causeway
Leftmost lane Malaysian customs park just before inspection lanes, small room on the left side. Take off footwear before going in. Just bring rm30.

At Second Link.
Second from leftmost lane. At the moment last custom booth with Macs drive thru sign. If it is manned you can get it done there without getting out of car.

Thank you Batok Seri.

Do the MACS renewal service 24/7 or just office hour for both custom?
Do I need to look for proper parking lot in case jam the traffic?
lastly, can I bring my family passports for renewal without their presence?
Please advise. Thank you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you Batok Seri.

Do the MACS renewal service 24/7 or just office hour for both custom?
Do I need to look for proper parking lot in case jam the traffic?
lastly, can I bring my family passports for renewal without their presence?
Please advise. Thank you.

It's during office hours. Just the side should be fine as long as does not obstruct traffic.
You will need them to be there as well to scan their thumbprints.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does anyone know what is the function of the square box below the surveillance camera?

545785_10151128843079667_1673544250_n.jpg

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could be a spot light but could also be IR sensor. In this case, looks like a sensor especially if mounted at the end of a fence.

There's one under each and every surveillance camera. The front part of the black box, which is facing the same direction as the camera, has a glossy(black coloured) surface.
It's looks like a spot light because the front part looks like glass in the photo but it's actually a black, opaque and glossy surface.

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess it is a spotlight so that if need be, can shine the light at the direction of the camera. I am pretty sure these are not those US Army green thermal cameras. So definitely need some form of light source to capture images at night.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess it is a spotlight so that if need be, can shine the light at the direction of the camera. I am pretty sure these are not those US Army green thermal cameras. So definitely need some form of light source to capture images at night.

But the front face of the box is a black, opaque and glossy surface(not transparent glass).

Status
Not open for further replies.