• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree,a bit weird, if we still don't hear back from him, will be editing his/her piece out.

The EL crowd started a pro tem committee to have a collective voice to feedback all these to UEM for rectification. We should have a better living environment and lesser of these disruption and inconveniences as time goes by and more people moving in.

The place should be up and coming now with more uni going to open soon as well.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've brought my friends to HH a couple of times in the past. I thought the environment looked nice but the showhouse was a little disappointing as it was clustered with rows of houses and no golf view. There was also no bungalow show unit too.

This is one developer that I don't know whether to take my hats off and bow to them or throw my hats in and say they had better wake up soon. HH is the only developer that I know in JB so far that sells without a proper show house and they sell it well too. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I agree with you and I believe you are referring to landed properties in Nusajaya. Just my opinion, I think when the condo supplies, like Sky Executives, Sky Lofts, Fairway View, Horizon Residences, Ujana, D'Rich,etc are up for rental, it would be very difficult for the landed properties in Nusajaya to command high rental yields. Those who just started off in their career as Malaysian SPR and are sick of the high rentals in Singapore, especially those that comes from afar like KL, Penang,...would go for condo rental first as it is more easy to maintain and absolute monthly rental will be cheaper than landed.

My humble 2 cents worth:

Not just only on the type of property though but the financials play a part as well. Rental yield or returns is also dependant on the amount to be taken off that the owner or landlord is servicing monthly and of course on the psf that is paid as well. How much rental does one need monthly if his unit costs 1200 RM psf or is above a certain price? Some condos are starting to be more expensive psf than even some landed properties.

A person who has a landed unit at 3000 sqft (keeping it simple) at 500 psf may be paying off a mortgage at least 1.2m at least (not including the interest) Assuming all things equal, he pays for a 30 year loan, he has to look at 3.333k or if including interest, maybe about of 3.8-4k a month with interest. Even if he rents it out at 4k, he about breaks even.

Whereas for another unit, doesn't matter the type but to be fair, lets just say if its half the size of the landed, size at 1500 sqft, and costs 1100 psf, its 1.65m. Assuming the same 30 years loan, just on the capital sum alone, one has to service 4.58k monthly. He will have to lease it out at a higher price as compared in order to service his bank loan.

Of course its not just about the psf, there is also the proximity and other things like location location location to contend with. Its just a factor one has to consider when renting it out. There may also be people who did not use a loan and bought in cash so they are not so affect but investors will tend to prefer to use the least amount of capital outlay while leveraging to max out their investment portfolio.

Last edited:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those Molek development, the build seemed pretty solid and modern although I can only see from afar. The impression is the builds could be much better than what we see from UEM.. Some of these houses are 99 years lease though..

Nusajaya is supported by educity, medini, silc etc.. Molek, Austin are supported by the local business and industry in the east..

My personal view to share, Molek Pine is like a Japanese enclave; its high rental yields and property prices are supported by rich Japanese. But one has to be careful and consider the risk if the govt policy in MY would suddenly change and causes the Japanese to leave the country as we all know the background of the Japanese invasion may very well be used by scheming politicians to win votes.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is one developer that I don't know whether to take my hats off and bow to them or throw my hats in and say they had better wake up soon. HH is the only developer that I know in JB so far that sells without a proper show house and they sell it well too. :smile:

Not sure if its because they are confident or what, even the best like EL has proper show houses, anyway only time will tell.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The EL crowd started a pro tem committee to have a collective voice to feedback all these to UEM for rectification. We should have a better living environment and lesser of these disruption and inconveniences as time goes by and more people moving in.

The place should be up and coming now with more uni going to open soon as well.

I am sure with time things will get better especially when its in the midst of so many strategic projects. In terms of investment, i don't think one can go far wrong there as well. Its just a matter of time.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
lego3.JPG

The crowd queueing for making the annual pass, with a little bit of raining this afternoon. went and join them when ppl mentioned in this forum that Legoland is open to making the annual pass. Since today is holiday might as well goes there to check it out.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
My humble 2 cents worth:

There may also be people who did not use a loan and bought in cash so they are not so affect but investors will tend to prefer to use the least amount of capital outlay while leveraging to max out their investment portfolio.

With the MM2H, the bank allows to loan you 90% loan. That allows leverage to the max when the entry price is still reasonably low. This is a better investment deal than with Sg property loan.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of fireworks around the whole area in BI, its everywhere.

The neighbours were enjoying letting off fireworks and the works. Back in Sg, life for commoners is cannot this cannot that. Here, at least ppl can let their hair down and just have to responsibly.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 6120

The crowd queueing for making the annual pass, with a little bit of raining this afternoon. went and join them when ppl mentioned in this forum that Legoland is open to making the annual pass. Since today is holiday might as well goes there to check it out.

That guy in white strips looking in the direction of your camera seems related to you or is actually you ah....:biggrin:.... just talking cxxx and singing song here....:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
With the MM2H, the bank allows to loan you 90% loan. That allows leverage to the max when the entry price is still reasonably low. This is a better investment deal than with Sg property loan.

Yes, not everyone wants or is able to go for MM2H though as it takes time to process and some may want to capture property prices when its still low. With the advent of the 20 year loan instead of 30, even though they give you more percentage, your monthly payment is still higher.

It is still better here but i would like to again, humbly highlight to folks here, buy for own stay first, investment later.

Example:

A.
1m property at 80% loan. 200k downpayment, (for simplicity, excluding all stamp duty, legal, levy, bank interest etc)
800k loan to be serviced over 30 years - Works out to about 2222.22 RM monthly for capital sum repayment.

B.
If its 20 years, then though you save on interest for the 10 years, its 3333.33 per month for capital sum repayment. About a 1k more monthly. This is something to be mindful of as compounding interest was not calculated for both.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
You captured a very clear and sharp picture. But did anyone noticed that LEGOLAND could be in trouble for not being "respectful" of Malaysia with due care if they didn't fixed it before the opening on 15th Sep.

I thought so also when I see the photo. Went and check against photo of the Tower and it looks like what you have said.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The neighbours were enjoying letting off fireworks and the works. Back in Sg, life for commoners is cannot this cannot that. Here, at least ppl can let their hair down and just have to responsibly.

Very very true. Every CNY or cause of celebration, we will let off. Its one of life simple pleasures. Same with looking at the night sky and being able to see the view and the stars while sipping tea.

My neighbours will ask me when they hear of late night fireworks but they know i will stop beyond 10.30pm unless on eve of CNY. I told them its definitely not me letting off fireworks at 4.30am in the morning.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Speaking of fireworks, someone just let off one now in the distance. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apologies, my apologies as i have been getting quite a bit forgetful recently. Lots of things to do, plan and help but it doesn't explain this oversight. Yes, my older sister faced the same problem and i didn't want her to get the "Yan ar lou, qin ya mou" case so sometimes
have to worry about their finances.

In my family, seems like everyone sleeps well at night except me though mine is mainly due to work. :(

Yes, I think money grow small very fast, when old need to have one house to live and one house (at least) to rent out for income during retirement to hedge inflation.

About the lunch, thank you for your kind gesture, appreciate it very much. Perhaps some other time.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, not everyone wants or is able to go for MM2H though as it takes time to process and some may want to capture property prices when its still low. With the advent of the 20 year loan instead of 30, even though they give you more percentage, your monthly payment is still higher.

It is still better here but i would like to again, humbly highlight to folks here, buy for own stay first, investment later.

Example:

A.
1m property at 80% loan. 200k downpayment, (for simplicity, excluding all stamp duty, legal, levy, bank interest etc)
800k loan to be serviced over 30 years - Works out to about 2222.22 RM monthly for capital sum repayment.

B.
If its 20 years, then though you save on interest for the 10 years, its 3333.33 per month for capital sum repayment. About a 1k more monthly. This is something to be mindful of as compounding interest was not calculated for both.

Agree with you Wuqi. Buy with the purpose of staying. The max leverage works back then but not so advisable now as the price is higher now and is always safe to buy within own means and own stay won't goes wrong.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My personal view to share, Molek Pine is like a Japanese enclave; its high rental yields and property prices are supported by rich Japanese. But one has to be careful and consider the risk if the govt policy in MY would suddenly change and causes the Japanese to leave the country as we all know the background of the Japanese invasion may very well be used by scheming politicians to win votes.

The way i see it, they probably don't have many reasons to dislike the Japanese at all as its all past history now. I am not going to go to the politics here. In fact, i noticed that the youth here are very pro Japanese culture. Still there are no guarantees in this world, anything can happen, just as a comet may come tomorrow and wipe out everyone on earth, 2012 December may be the last month we live but what happens between then and now?

Do our best for today as tomorrow will take care of itself.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Hv photos of inside Legoland, anyone interested can help me to post

I was at Legoland too, later will post some photos in the photo thread.

Bought day pass at Jusco, promo price Rm96 for adult, Rm70 for senior citizen (above 60).

Status
Not open for further replies.