• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB has a lot of foreign locals......who unlike other states, can live in JB work in Sg.....non-Johorian can also bring families in from other states to live in JB. Thus Msian SPR is a critical sum in the total.....Sporean should not think too highly on themselves....Masian need not be poor as they earn same SGD as us.....some are even our bosses or superiors....

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many sme n mnc who bought n looking to buy land, factories n bulk purchase of condos. I take comfort that there will commercial activity

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
....no difference in Singapore now.....sama sama everywhere....so the 24 yr old clerk is your mistress? Hahaha, think so easy to get loan? ...how much is a clerk salary? 2-3K? enough to get loans for 2 properties?..unless its for low cost apt....

Last edited by a moderator:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think 10yrs from now, many Malaysians from other parts of MY will be coming to work n live in Iskander as salaries offered will be much higher here and with the convenience of HSR to their hometowns. Not just Johorians only

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think 10yrs from now, many Malaysians from other parts of MY will be coming to work n live in Iskander as salaries offered will be much higher here and with the convenience of HSR to their hometowns. Not just Johorians only

yes, this is exactly what happened when pple from other parts of China went to live in Shenzhen in order to be near HK.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to believe S$3.5k salary for a clerk at 24 years old. This is higher than a typical engineer's pay (fresh grad) in Singapore.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of cos what he say is real.... The woman told him her salary... Oh ya and his husband salary... Maybe he knows her neighbours salary as well....
Kong Jiao Wei...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor,
Thanks for sharing. Do you buy the granite separately? If yes, would it be troublesome to coordinated with the carpenter for the kitchen cabinet?

Regards,

Hi Avonup,

Yes I'm getting the granite separately because I found a supplier which has the whitest granite with the name 'White Pearl'. Other suppliers don't have granite which is so white. The supplier is Hock Heng Marketing (Southern Region) Sdn Bhd. Tel: 07-386 8028.

The granite supplier doesn't need to coordination with the cabinet maker because the granite maker will do their measurement and installation after the kitchen cabinet has been installed.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you are misrepresenting the whole picture, you did not say the girl was married and husband earn 5-6 K, but a clerk at 24 yrs old earn 3.5K? same as starting grads pay? ....what kind of clerk is she? SGD or RM? either u TCSS or she TCSS

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to believe S$3.5k salary for a clerk at 24 years old. This is higher than a typical engineer's pay (fresh grad) in Singapore.

Don't blame you... Nothing this joker say is easy to believe... First he wants to paint the picture of a clerk can afford 2 property for the wow factor... Then suddenly she is a capable sales clerk that earns 3.5k wif a husband who earns 5-6k... And he knows all the detials of someone else's life... Their salary, husband works in 5 star hotel....

The next time he says an engineer that owns 30 properties will actually probably be a NASA engineer whom he knows personally....

Yawn...

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't blame you... Nothing this joker say is easy to believe... First he wants to paint the picture of a clerk can afford 2 property for the wow factor... Then suddenly she is a capable sales clerk that earns 3.5k wif a husband who earns 5-6k... And he knows all the detials of someone else's life... Their salary, husband works in 5 star hotel....

The next time he says an engineer that owns 30 properties will actually probably be a NASA engineer whom he knows personally....

Yawn...

He probably needs to clarify if the couple's parents chipped in to help in the downpayment. If not I think it is very difficult for fresh graduates to own two properties in Malaysia while renting or owning another one in Singapore.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi does anyone know if JB have any huge art supplies store? something equivalent to SG's Art Friend in Bras Basah. Want to buy some white spirit.* Thanks!

You may try it a small stationery shop at Pelangi shopping mall 4th floor. Used to think can get cheaper ready made canvas for paint is cheaper in JB, but it turns out that Bras Basah is cheaper. Guess not all staff are cheaper in JB, especially those not popular items.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays young Singaporeans are really screwed, as fresh grads they are already burdened with university fees debts. Guys have to waste two years protecting foreigners and their properties. SMEs shifting to Iskandar will impact them first, then eventually the older generation like us. Malaysians working as PRs have the best of both worlds - earn strong SGD and buy cheap Malaysia properties.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that they do not like, but they cannot afford. 1.5mil for the smallest DSL in east ledang is out of reach for many msian, even sgrean will find it hard to swallow.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This are the leveragers she was using that I was looking for, which were missing in your early story. Still, I find it hard to believe she can earn S$3.5k in Singapore if she is not in sales. Sorry for being sarcastic as I did some salary benchmarking exercise recently (for hiring new staff) and clerical pay is in the region of S$2-3k with at least 5 years experience.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, with sales-related commission, I have no doubts about S$3.5k. I was just trying to dig out bit by bit from you why an office clerk can earn so much. Good to be clearer in your information, as too many gaps leave people with a lot of doubts about your credibility.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone,

Did anyone install Solar Water Heater?
Any good brand and seller's name or contact to recommend?

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.