• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can see a lot of excitement from investors in fx, KLCI and properties forum.

This is a sign of sudden surge of interest in Malaysia. A sure win bet for next 4-5 years.

Buy now, get out by 2019. Retired by 2020.

This is the second time we agree on something.
I share the exact same view with you on this.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, not big boss, i am a "kuning" following after the big fish who themselves did not wavered. Someone just took over a 3 star hotel in Bukit Indah area and he is from Singapore. The amount that he paid is a pretty good sum. Another one got influenced by me into certain types of property and he owns more than myself now. Yes never over leverage, what i use now is money that i have rolled and even one of my friends is using the profit he has to upgrade to a larger house. Admire his guts as he did this also shortly before elections.

Neither high calibre nor high salary compared with many folks already here. Just a poor lad who had to struggle all his life and subjected to the realisation that water is thicker than blood in all cases and dealings with them. Do not envy me, what i can do, anyone can as well.

I started my life in a 1 room rental flat nearby Queenstown. I had nothing but debts passed down to me to clear. I was told to give up studies and help out with the family at 14 but i continued working jobs and studying.

When i had saved up money during NS to learn driving, debts took it away from me. Then underwent several more trials in my life, some very tough to handle. Won and lost very heavily in the stock market when i was 25 and finally made back what i lost in a year. When finally i got back my nest egg, taxes taxed on the day the stocks vested almost brought me down.

The tax lady even laughed haughtily when i asked for installment, only to check on my NRIC, the amount and then very very politely said, Wow, you definitely need installments, i will try to help sir.

All these taught me to "carry on mission" and to continue come what may.

Really happy for you.
Usually it's people like you who have gone through tough early days to find huge success in their later life when taken the right road. Also very important if got some wise persons to mentor you along the way.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for reminding what my mentor told me in 1998, before he when broke.
Got hit in Asia financial crisis. Born rich, die poor.

有钱难买早知道。
千金难买少年穷。
万世修得千金富。
万贯不过三代福。
Really happy for you.
Usually it's people like you who have gone through tough early days to find huge success in their later life when taken the right road. Also very important if got some wise persons to mentor you along the way.

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for reminding what my mentor told me in 1998, before he when broke.
Got hit in Asia financial crisis. Born rich, die poor.

有钱难买早知道。
千金难买少年穷。
万世修得千金富。
万贯不过三代福。

Well, I'm sure you certainly learnt a few important lessons from his mistake.
But seriously, having a mentor is only to guide you but more importantly, one also need to make his own judgement as well.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
青出于蓝??? I believe in karma. I am not a good person. Just very well bless. Must be my ex life.

But this life is not over. I may die poor, but I am use to it.

Well, I'm sure you certainly learnt a few important lessons from his mistake.
But seriously, having a mentor is only to guide you but more importantly, one also need to make his own judgement as well.

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that GE13 is over with BN's win, wonder whether they will announce the HSR project soon? Once confirm, sure huat like hell !!!
Also wonder whether massive crowds will be swamping the sales offices all over in Iskander this weekend.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Looks like it as there has been many calls just for today as well as request for information on specific developments.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You mean properties in iskandar getting hot again after the long wait for GE to be over ? A kind of relief rally ?

Not sure but seems quite a lot of fence sitters, a strange number which called me today, asking me first if i made it, if i survived the riots and massacre???, etc. I am serious about this.

I told them nothing happened but they told me from the media reports, it seemed Johor was engulfed in massive protests, mayhem and people must have died, etc. Some even told me about a car which was set on fire?? (Can anyone confirm this?)

They didn't believe me when i told them i went out, business as usual and went to bed early. Then again, one of them was the one who thinks that state of Penang is right next to Malacca and Johor and another was the one who took noodles, sleeping bags in his car when visiting me as he was afraid of being stuck in the "jungle".
I joked with him that i was surprised he didn't take his FBO and signal flares with him.

Told them again, that everyone i know is still alive, i guess with the way the MSM painted things, folks must think most of the folks here are already dead or undead.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Once they ascertain i was still in the land of the living though and relatively well (having survived HFMD), started bombarding me with so many questions and bringing of their friends and relatives over. Promised my wife some peace and quiet this weekend so had to refuse. Only following up with a bro on some deals he needed my help on and another for possible deals.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can see a lot of excitement from investors in fx, KLCI and properties forum.

This is a sign of sudden surge of interest in Malaysia. A sure win bet for next 4-5 years.

Buy now, get out by 2019. Retired by 2020.

All i will agree but i hope to keep 2-3 and retire here. I hope to be here for the long run and really make this my home.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Maybe they read this and thought everywhere was rioting:
http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big.../lim-kit-siang-wins-gelang-patah-seat-2013050

At a vote-counting centre less than 2km away, crowds swelled and the riot police were called in to head off a potential confrontation between the police and opposition supporters.

The only thing i could find relating to a vehicle was this, it wasn't set on fire at all though and as far as i could tell, no one died?

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/opposition...tah-hotseat-in-tense-jb-count--013407166.html

Mystery vehicles
Police officers, including those from the Federal Reserve Unit and the Special Branch maintained a huge presence in the area and used barbed wire to block off roads leading to the tally centre.

Tension began to rise after an unruly group of BN supporters were allowed to get past the barbed wire and head down the street. A stand-off ensued with some of the opposition supporters at a coffeeshop along the road. Police rushed to the coffeeshop area to ensure things didn't get ugly.

Just after that incident, some opposition supporters claimed that "mysterious" vehicles were getting to the tally centre car park via different entrances. The crowd started chanting slogans and some started complaining loudly -- shouting that unfair practices were being carried out.

A mini-riot ensued later when a mob of about 150 people surrounded what appeared to be a airport taxi with ballot boxes at a nearby narrow alleyway. They started damaging the vehicle and soon numerous police officers rushed in and made arrests. They managed to secure the vehicle and it eventually made it to the tally centre. Those involved in the mob were seen running down the alleyway with police officers giving chase.

Many in the area were questioning why votes were being transported by a taxi rather than an official vehicle and some were also unhappy that these votes were being brought in around 9.45pm, which they felt was rather late.

Soon, another car allegedly carrying some ballot boxes was targeted. Some 50 people surrounded the car. The vehicle's tyres were punctured. Police managed to control the situation within 15 minutes.

At this point, riot police officers, some armed with tear gas, formed a wall at one end of the road leading to the tally centre. Overall police presence was increased as well. Tension was running high with the crowd refusing to budge and chanting the word, "Bersih".

Mixed reaction from JB residents
While all this was going on, some residents living close to the tally centre feared for their safety. 29-year-old Dharma Raj was carefully peering out of his gate to look at what was going on.

"This is the first time I am seeing all this. The police told us to stay inside and not to come out. I'm worried about clashes and violence but we hope everything will be normal soon, " said the engineer who lives with five family members.

However, his neighbour down the road was less concerned and had invited his extended family members to gather and watch the live coverage of the the election results on television.

"We're not worried, just very anxious for the results because this will affect the next generation of Malaysians. Even if there are people fighting on the streets, I think it won't last very long," said 60-year-old Peter Chong who was outside his house with his relatives. His mother, Mdm Chong who is 90-years-old was seated in the living room getting updates on television. The younger members of the family were constantly checking their mobile devices and updating the elders.

Another person living around the area said he was worried about violence and was glad with the large number of police officers. "They have been very professional and we feel safe," said the 40-year-old man who only wanted to be known as Yian.

When the official results were announced at the centre, the roads around the area were clear with only a few die-hard supporters hanging around.

After speaking to the media at the centre, Lim walked out to meet his supporters before being whisked away in a car by party members.

While many opposition supporters were disappointed about the overall outcome, one man who was with with friends carrying a DAP flag preferred to look at the bright side of things.

"We have to accept the results. You win some and you lose some, but this election result is still a a good thing for the opposition," said 36-year-old Siva Prakash.

"This is a great turning point because we have seen so many young and first time voters supporting the opposition."

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;Y6ljFaKRTrI]http://youtu.be/Y6ljFaKRTrI[/video]

Someone just sent this to me, hilarious. He is dedicating this song to those who have survived the "massacre" yesterday.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let the second stage of bull run begin after this "BN" special win.

Now a lot of rich guys will come in to ride the bull.

Those intend to keep 1-2 units after the end of this bull run, simply take more risk and buy extra 1-2 units. Haha.
But should

1. buy smaller units
2. take less leverage
3. Location Location Location
4. Condos in JB Setral. (And Very selective area outside JB Sentral)
5. Landed across zone ABC

Ready , steady, Pun Pi Pi.

BN win is favoring foreigners. Congrat guys.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, 乱世出英雄。

Life with risk is more colorful.

Look back at Singapore. When is the best time to invest in properties?
1997-8 Asia Crisis
2000 Dot com burst
2003 SARS
2007 Lehman

Like my Hong Kee buddy says. "Only here to make money.... Nothing else."

Dear young bros, hv y ever thinking what will happen when not even one single chinese minister in the central n state govt of Malaysia? Will you feel peace of mind if not even one single malay minister in Sg GOVT? Will y feel safe if all white in US federal n state govt? Call Investors investors for their opinion... MCA cfm not joining the cabinet n it depend on DAP to join BN for a peaceful Malaysia! Take care....

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;RM2P-OyDt3o]http://youtu.be/RM2P-OyDt3o[/video]
According to some learned people here, the video above was taken in Johor.
Yes yes, before elections one story, now another complete story and working OT to boot.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, 乱世出英雄。

Life with risk is more colorful.

Look back at Singapore. When is the best time to invest in properties?
1997-8 Asia Crisis
2000 Dot com burst
2003 SARS
2007 Lehman

Like my Hong Kee buddy says. "Only here to make money.... Nothing else."

No risk at all for some guys, different risk levels for everyone i guess.

Hope that this statement below (done with complete satire) will help them feel better in some ways.

Confirm no hope for anyone stuck here, get out while you can guys.
Millions die here daily, millions more will fall to the horde (of zombies).
Utilise whatever means necessary to escape.
Its too late for me, save yourselves!

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear young bros, hv y ever thinking what will happen when not even one single chinese minister in the central n state govt of Malaysia? Will you feel peace of mind if not even one single malay minister in Sg GOVT? Will y feel safe if all white in US federal n state govt? Call Investors investors for their opinion... MCA cfm not joining the cabinet n it depend on DAP to join BN for a peaceful Malaysia! Take care....

Thanks . You take care too . Better hide yourself well so no one can harm you .

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal

No single Chinese minister representing in the parliament? This is the choice of the people, they have voted DAP and DAP will be in parliament representing them! I thought the election outcome is favourable. Chinese voters sending the message loud and clear to BN and BN surely need to do something before their 5 years is up, else risk being voted out entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.