• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohh bro, r u referring to the open burning in JB in general? I saw many Open burning everywhere in JB, but since the question was directly to the orang asli, it's possible but can also be caused by the developer's activities in the vicinity ...

Dont worry , should be temporily only . Once fully developed like other taman , where to find fire wood to burn ?

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro and Sis if interested in Kia cars, can visit their showroom for promo (not sure what is it, more info call 012 766 2680):

Customer Day: Between 9th March to 11th March
Forte, Sorento, Rhondo.
K5 Optima test drive available (I am more keen to try this :biggrin:)
Free merchandise

15B Jalan Dato' Abdullah Tahir
80300 Johor Bahru
(Same stretch as New York Hotel)

There is a Yew's Cafe within the MAA Building. Can try their makan :p

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taman laguna only absorp legal fee for s&p. Think the greens was the same. What to do ...

I think Sutera Mall got sale launch by Sutera for Terraces , Clusters and Semi -D this week end . Can go there and kapo kapo , see what the pricing like and what wayang developers are doing.

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then u can't earn rebates from the cards ... Small amount but it all mount up :smile:

True, for long term, should consider sign up loyalty cards.

There are points for Esso (Smiles)

As for using cards payment, can use debit or credit cards issued by MY banks.
Otherwise, if using Singapore Banks issued Credit Cards, need to use the one with more than 5% cash rebates to justify the poorer exchange rate used by them.
Eg, Citibank Dividend MasterCard, Maybank Singapore Family And Friends Platinum Mastercard link.
This card recommended by a bro and it also earn 5% rebates for Grocery at the MY Tesco, Carrefour, Giant, Pacific Hypermart.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
At shell station, I always see this blue card called bonus link or something. And always have contest entry and many many points to win ... Remember my fren said that it's free application

True, for long term, should consider sign up loyalty cards.

There are points for Esso (Smiles)

As for using cards payment, can use debit or credit cards issued by MY banks.
Otherwise, if using Singapore Banks issued Credit Cards, need to use the one with more than 5% cash rebates to justify the poorer exchange rate used by them.
Eg, Citibank Dividend MasterCard, Maybank Singapore Family And Friends Platinum Mastercard link.
This card recommended by a bro and it also earn 5% rebates for Grocery at the MY Tesco, Carrefour, Giant, Pacific Hypermart.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
U stay so near, look for u for coffee? :biggrin:

This weekend, there is also a big pc fair at persada ...

I think Sutera Mall got sale launch by Sutera for Terraces , Clusters and Semi -D this week end . Can go there and kapo kapo , see what the pricing like and what wayang developers are doing.

Last edited:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently almost everthing except 5 are absorbed by developer , however for new launch , developer are starting to pass some cost to buyer liao.
Also item 5 is rumours to go up very soon to 30K .
Bro , you mean direct from developer drying up ? Why need to go resale leh ?

looking at resale is just opening up my options... :smile:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taman laguna only absorp legal fee for s&p. Think the greens was the same. What to do ...

bro, so that means it doesn't make much difference in terms of the additional costs compared to developer/resale?
just now spoke to a friend.. he said i got to budget another RM100k (on average for 2 storey terraces) for reno.. walao eh... atm machine breaking down leow :eek:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Difference ar ... Erm, let me try

1) agent fees
2) different kind of experience dealing with resale vs developer. Developer can guide and educate us on the procedures for first time buyer like us. Private agent can also guide, but there is risk of being taken for a ride
3) need negotiation skill for resale
4) expect the unexpected in resale, like last Min pull out by seller etc. nonetheless, many success stories like bro teck etc.

Learned from here that a general rule of thumb is to set 10 to 15% Of house value for Reno.

bro, so that means it doesn't make much difference in terms of the additional costs compared to developer/resale?
just now spoke to a friend.. he said i got to budget another RM100k (on average for 2 storey terraces) for reno.. walao eh... atm machine breaking down leow :eek:

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
In addition, for resale, best to engage a qualified inspector to inspect the house and this can be bargaining chips if there are defects to be rectified. Not sure the cost.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha , u making me shy !
See , DOA purposely teased me with all this , and I will never fall into his TRAP!!!
DOA , dun spolit my market la ! i prefer mature man la , u young man go and tease those young girls la !

Haha, i think atleast you guys can come out to have tea or something ler, just making friends maah. It's alright wat. Others can also join for gathering. :wink:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

For NI , they absorbed quite a lot of things , save abt $RM25k at least ....
thats y sometimes its better to buy direct from developer , not that siong , can progressively to pay ....
if settle downpayment and state levy etc abt $25K or more , can wait a few more months to start service the loan when the bank disburse to developer. then renovation is abt 2 yrs later prob , by then should have save up the bonus u get during this 2 yrs.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am using hello kitty debit card by Hong Leong Bank . But they will debit RM200 first reagrdless if u pump lesser and rebate the balance to u after a few days .

Just like MayBank. But no worries, it is the same as when the hotel swipes a certain balance to your card when you check in.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
For NI , they absorbed quite a lot of things , save abt $RM25k at least ....
thats y sometimes its better to buy direct from developer , not that siong , can progressively to pay ....
if settle downpayment and state levy etc abt $25K or more , can wait a few more months to start service the loan when the bank disburse to developer. then renovation is abt 2 yrs later prob , by then should have save up the bonus u get during this 2 yrs.

thanks bro doa & sis crystal.. i'll update my cost/planning spreadsheet accordingly :wink:

next thing.. u guys don't go fengshui kinda stuff? u know, find a master, check out your birth charts and look for a house that is suitable?
how's the procedure like.. find the master first, get him to join u in the house hunt, or after u found the house then get him to see?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks bro doa & sis crystal.. i'll update my cost/planning spreadsheet accordingly :wink:

next thing.. u guys don't go fengshui kinda stuff? u know, find a master, check out your birth charts and look for a house that is suitable?
how's the procedure like.. find the master first, get him to join u in the house hunt, or after u found the house then get him to see?

oh , i not that into fengshui ! I trust my own feel when i step into the development or showhouse .....
Maybe u can take a look at NI 7B hill side .....

Status
Not open for further replies.