• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, your developer should have sent you the bill asking for payment each time it gets the bank to make payment for it. Also from the monthly interest the bank is asking you to pay, you should be able to see how much it has disbursed to the developer assuming you haven't started paying the principal yet. I suggest you call the developer, your lawyer and your bank.

You're received the title deed already? I signed S&P almost for 6 months and still haven't got the title deed yet. But then the lawyer has not yet asked me to pay for the stamp duty for title transfer.

Bro
I paid the lawyer's fee plus the statelevy at the same time as i signed the s&p. The lawyer has prepared beforehand the breakdown of the bills payable wic is basically that only. The lawyer actually give me option to pay later the state levy. But i pay one shot to minimize my trip to lawyer office.
Btw i have a silly qn. D bank has released most of the loan and the amount is reflected in my mortgage account. Does that mean d developer has received that amount of the loan? Any action on my part other than the payment of interest until possesion of the hse. Btw i receive my title deed copy but not the keys yet.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, thank you very much for the advice. I will certainly contact the lawyer regarding the copy of the document.

Bro, if your bank has started disbursing the loan, it means that you have gotten the state consent. You are ok. Just ask your lawyer for the copy of the document.

As for me, I am still in the limbo. But as bro DOA has heard, state levy may start later in June.

mattl02138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, many will also think of "dead or alive", apart from the medical term that u mentioned. I'm fine la, as I chose a rather long nick. My fault. In fact, if possible, I wanna change my nick as the nick no longer represent me. Especially the "dream" part :smile:

Did you cancel the condo at Setia Tropika? Thought you book a unit there too? Two units in a matter of few months! I salute!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, it is definitely normal to feel that way. It's a big move, and there will be lots of considerations, the biggest challenge will always be the physiological/emotional concerns. Financially, i think it should be of no major concern for most of us, like u have already analyzed it yourself.*

My journey of decision-making was a roller coaster ride too. When I started in this forum (u can check back my first post), I chose nusa idaman but I was reluctantly making the purchase because of the naysayers around me, especially the resistance from my mum. Then I missed the boat, as most of the end lots that were above $500k were gone. Then I rethink and refocus on the reasons why they objected. As many typical Singaporeans, many concerns were absolutely unnecessary and inaccurate (bro wuqi always make a point on this and laugh it off when the perspective these naysayers have is so different from reality). I don't think I need to say more on this. So I focused back to my objectives, which were 1) to have a place i truly can called home and have quality life 2) to stretch my dollar longer 3)to build my future. So, as much as I respect my parents, I sort off ignore their moans as most of their concerns were no longer valid or as drastic as they thought. What we are talking here is "belief". I believe by making this move, I can slowly convince them one day. Everyone gets old, and I'm glad that they are still relatively healthy. But sooner or later, medical and the cost will be a concern, and I believe at that stage, I can work them around and I can help them overcome their fear by making JB their priority for medical services. Many still don't see the big potential of iskandar, and nobody said that it is for certain that iskandar will develop to its full potential/promise. So it depends on how confident u r towards this mega project. And I also told myself, even if everything will not be as rosy as we imagine now, am I happy and satisfied with the existing infrastructure, services etc, and my answer was YES!

I don't know what your age is, but I think my situation might be much simpler than yours because I have no kids and I have no big commitments in sg. I love my parents, and it's unfortunately that I haven't managed to break their barriers. But I have confidence that one day, they will move in and stay with me. I believe what I'm doing is right for me, and my parents, as well as my future family :smile:

So, I think u shall identify what your obstacles are. If its because of safety, it's valid but things have improved so much so I wouldn't say this is deal breaker. If its education, I can't advise because I never factored this into consideration. If its money, and worry that you are literally throwing money away because everyone says that buying in JB is stupid and dumb, then I let bro wuqi lecture u on this. He is the living proof of everything we do now. If its travel/transport, then u need to sort out. If its family and kids, rent a place and see if things work out, before u commit. U can't just ignore their feelings on this.*

Think logically, rationally and overcome the barriers. I also lost my focus once but making a rushed decision for ST. Luckily the fellow friends here helped me got back on track. Perhaps u can share your concerns here and let the bros and sis help u out to analyze.

Don't know what I have not covered or if I make u more confused haha

I can't write fantastic article and I hope the points are presented clearly to u bah ... :smile:

Btw, Sutera is a nice place and I always frequent there. But if u need to commute daily, please think twice and assess the traffic situation. It could be quite bad at the bestari area at certain peak hours.

Good luck to you as hope to see u around! :smile:

Congrats bro DreamorAction on finally acting on your dream!

I found a place I like at Sutera Utama and is within my budget. Everything looks good to go and it's just waiting for me to act on it... but somehow now that it comes to that, I just cannot act! Guess I am waiting for a sign to say 'GO'.

Did you have the same kind of deliberation before committing? How did you overcome it? It's not about logic, I've done all the sums. It's more like an emotional commitment to a financial decision that would impact the family lifestyle. Haiz...hope I don't wait until the cows come home.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laguna website is not working. Perhaps they don't bother maintaining it as this is the last phase they have. Some info from the web, hope it helps.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/developments/developmentreview.aspx?pid=1256

http://www.iproperty.com.my/developments/developmentreview.aspx?pid=1256&rid=215

http://wikimapia.org/7803556/Taman-L...-Baru-Malaysia

Bro, I went to the Laguna website and did not see anything there. Some problem with the website? Any info (figure) about the floor plan, Bro? I wonder whether there is something of similar concepts for an intermediate terrace in HH. I remember I saw HH selling an intermediate terrace with courtyard last Oct but did not remember seeing any place from the model that showed natural sunlight being able to be led into the courtyard. The problem with HH is that it does not bother to build a show house for the new launches and HH assumes the buyers are not interested in seeing any show house?

I have heard about Laguna house comes with free anti-termite treatment. HH does not get an anti-termite treatment, any Bros from HH mind sharing?

This free anti-termite treatment implies there is potential termite problem or not? Or HH has potential termite problems and the developer does not care for giving out free anti-termite treatment?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yah, for HH, I don't remember seeing courtyard houses in the gateway and golf precinct. Not sure about the hill though.*

Nusa idaman has courtyard houses. Could that be the one u saw?

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think logically, rationally and overcome the barriers. I also lost my focus once but making a rushed decision for ST. Luckily the fellow friends here helped me got back on track.

Bro, would you mind to share more details about your above decision. Thanks in advance.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That would still mean no one can sign anything on the dotted line until TOP? Then if the price increases, will the seller honor at all? I don't think so bah ... :smile:

It is because the advertising for the under construction house may take three to six months before they found a buyer. And the process to buy takes another three month.. By that time, the house is already TOP

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh basically, as I mentioned in earlier posts, ST didn't check all my boxes and I thought I would compromise myself. After much thinking again (with advices I received here), and since the launch of taman laguna came at the right time, it checked almost all boxes (except one) and I'm happy with my decision this time :smile: I don't feel I'm I'm forcing myself to compromise anything :smile:

Thanks, was wondering about the reasons not to go for ST. I downloaded the whole thread but still could not find it, maybe my search word is not appropriate. :smile:

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh basically, as I mentioned in earlier posts, ST didn't check all my boxes and I thought I would compromise myself. After much thinking again (with advices I received here), and since the launch of taman laguna came at the right time, it checked almost all boxes (except one) and I'm happy with my decision this time :smile: I don't feel I'm I'm forcing myself to compromise anything :smile:

Thanks again bro and congrats on your investment :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
while working out my sums.. this is what i found out:

5rm hdb, non-prime location, fetching rental S$2k/mth (RM$4.8k)
jb terrace at RM$600k, about S$250k (using 2.4 exchange rate)

disregarding bank interest/rate fluctuation, and able to secure a full rental of the hdb, get back S$24k a year, and break-even in 10 years' time.
following that will be passive income.

so basically, can semi-retire after that.. i'll be around 50 by then.. not bad.

Hi

So what are u waiting for ? wait for jb properties to up ? it will be a little late liao

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, it is definitely normal to feel that way. It's a big move, and there will be lots of considerations, the biggest challenge will always be the physiological/emotional concerns. Financially, i think it should be of no major concern for most of us, like u have already analyzed it yourself.*

My journey of decision-making was a roller coaster ride too. When I started in this forum (u can check back my first post), I chose nusa idaman but I was reluctantly making the purchase because of the naysayers around me, especially the resistance from my mum. Then I missed the boat, as most of the end lots that were above $500k were gone. Then I rethink and refocus on the reasons why they objected. As many typical Singaporeans, many concerns were absolutely unnecessary and inaccurate (bro wuqi always make a point on this and laugh it off when the perspective these naysayers have is so different from reality). I don't think I need to say more on this. So I focused back to my objectives, which were 1) to have a place i truly can called home and have quality life 2) to stretch my dollar longer 3)to build my future. So, as much as I respect my parents, I sort off ignore their moans as most of their concerns were no longer valid or as drastic as they thought. What we are talking here is "belief". I believe by making this move, I can slowly convince them one day. Everyone gets old, and I'm glad that they are still relatively healthy. But sooner or later, medical and the cost will be a concern, and I believe at that stage, I can work them around and I can help them overcome their fear by making JB their priority for medical services. Many still don't see the big potential of iskandar, and nobody said that it is for certain that iskandar will develop to its full potential/promise. So it depends on how confident u r towards this mega project. And I also told myself, even if everything will not be as rosy as we imagine now, am I happy and satisfied with the existing infrastructure, services etc, and my answer was YES!

I don't know what your age is, but I think my situation might be much simpler than yours because I have no kids and I have no big commitments in sg. I love my parents, and it's unfortunately that I haven't managed to break their barriers. But I have confidence that one day, they will move in and stay with me. I believe what I'm doing is right for me, and my parents, as well as my future family :smile:

So, I think u shall identify what your obstacles are. If its because of safety, it's valid but things have improved so much so I wouldn't say this is deal breaker. If its education, I can't advise because I never factored this into consideration. If its money, and worry that you are literally throwing money away because everyone says that buying in JB is stupid and dumb, then I let bro wuqi lecture u on this. He is the living proof of everything we do now. If its travel/transport, then u need to sort out. If its family and kids, rent a place and see if things work out, before u commit. U can't just ignore their feelings on this.*

Think logically, rationally and overcome the barriers. I also lost my focus once but making a rushed decision for ST. Luckily the fellow friends here helped me got back on track. Perhaps u can share your concerns here and let the bros and sis help u out to analyze.

Don't know what I have not covered or if I make u more confused haha

I can't write fantastic article and I hope the points are presented clearly to u bah ... :smile:

Btw, Sutera is a nice place and I always frequent there. But if u need to commute daily, please think twice and assess the traffic situation. It could be quite bad at the bestari area at certain peak hours.

Good luck to you as hope to see u around! :smile:

Congrats DoA on your decision and purchase. Well said, sometimes we need to do what we have to do, even if it means going against the grain of things. I am not advocating that we should all go against our parents'wise counsel, but the world has changed much and also, nobody owes us a living; we just have be couragous to do what is necessary and take the plunge of our life. I am very sure your parents will one day come round to the decision you've made. Cheers! Happy for you.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, most pple rent out their private houses or hdbs which are heavily subsidised, convert to rm and they can spend and stay in jb.

So what i mean is that without spore, these same group of pple would not even have anything to rent out, convert to 2.4 times rental and stay in jb.

Those pple staying in jb have literally nowhere to go or not enuff money to spend should they decide to sell their houses.

This is a fact we need to accept.

Hi Horizonhills, always love reading your no nonsense, hold-no-bars way of putting your message or views across. :smile: Have a great week ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.