• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi fellow brothers,

Are we able to purchase subsale property currently under construction?

Bro , legally is cannot . However , if you trust seller and willing to take risk , things can be arrange between seller and buyer on a personal basis .

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a clause in my document that the purchaser cannot assign the property during the construction period without prior consent from the developer.
so I guess it can be done but needs to check with developer. And maybe different developer has different practice. Need to check how the contract was drafted :smile:
Bro , legally is cannot . However , if you trust seller and willing to take risk , things can be arrange between seller and buyer on a personal basis .

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a clause in my document that the purchaser cannot assign the property during the construction period without prior consent from the developer.
so I guess it can be done but needs to check with developer. And maybe different developer has different practice. Need to check how the contract was drafted :smile:

Well...if it's already illegal why take such huge risk to do?
In the end, it's a foreign country and foreigners may not much leeway in terms of protection...what more intentionally breaking the law...
Haiya...not worth it la...The seller may also take us for a ride...be warned...
But there maybe bros here who have done so with much success... but then again, if it's illegal, who cares to share?? :smile:

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats bro DreamorAction on finally acting on your dream!

I found a place I like at Sutera Utama and is within my budget. Everything looks good to go and it's just waiting for me to act on it... but somehow now that it comes to that, I just cannot act! Guess I am waiting for a sign to say 'GO'.

Did you have the same kind of deliberation before committing? How did you overcome it? It's not about logic, I've done all the sums. It's more like an emotional commitment to a financial decision that would impact the family lifestyle. Haiz...hope I don't wait until the cows come home.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, I noticed in those "reputable" agency that they are indeed advertising some resale properties that are still under construction. However, I noticed that there are only 2 agents listing such properties. Can't conclude whether they are the bad apples tho ..

In the end, it's a foreign country and foreigners may not much leeway in terms of protection...what more intentionally breaking the law...
But there maybe bros here who have done so with much success... but then again, if it's illegal, who cares to share?? :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya lor , why would one want to take such a un-necessary risk ?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, many will also think of "dead or alive", apart from the medical term that u mentioned. I'm fine la, as I chose a rather long nick. My fault. In fact, if possible, I wanna change my nick as the nick no longer represent me. Especially the "dream" part :smile:

Congratulations, you also won't need to go far for Seafood. Around the corner, literally, there are 2 seafood restaurant. Looks like the Bros and Sis here will be visiting you soon and often:p

By the way you should keep your 'Nick' and as you have shown that you are quite DILIGENTLY ORAGNISE in your ACTION :biggrin: Cheers.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysian Chinese working in SG know that they have a good deal lah. A Malaysian Chinese in her 30s told me she is going to retire at age 45 and not like Singaporeans need to work until 65 and beyond. No need 20 years, after working only 8 years in SG, she sold her 3 room flat at a $60k profit and returned to KL to work. Singaporean Chinese sell off 3 room flat can go where huh?

[/QUOTE]

JB

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I saw the signboard about the seafood. But I didn't dare to go in further to check it out just yet. It seems a bit ulu looking for that restaurant. Have u tried it before? Any good? :smile: maybe I can work out something with them to do daily catering for dinner (on normal dishes, not seafood) :smile:

Congratulations, you also won't need to go far for Seafood. Around the corner, literally, there are 2 seafood restaurant. Looks like the Bros and Sis here will be visiting you soon and often:p

By the way you should keep your 'Nick' and as you have shown that you are quite DILIGENTLY ORAGNISE in your ACTION :biggrin: Cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just remembered this. While at taman laguna, I managed to receive my Singtel 3G. The speed was fast. But It's intermittent, 3G was not stable, but it wouldstill run on the normal 2G connection if the 3G was lost. No problem with phone call and the connection was not cut off. My call lasted about 6 mins. Try it if u r there next time. Wonder if starhub or M1 will have better 3G connection ...

Last edited:

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros who are so inclined, a very learned bro of mine was inviting me to join in exploring to look into setting up a platform for investment to start based in Singapore. He has very good contacts and this sounds interesting. Bros keen on joining, not necessarily to invest but to have some kind of common interest groups will be great.

I looked at those early guys from Sri Lanka who came, saw and bought houses here with admiration. Really smart and brave in the beginning when they came out here and snapped out so many houses with the companies that they have set up. From what i heard, at one time 100 plus houses.

Probably not too many to join for this and again, this is not something to get anyone to fork out money nor some kind of get rich quick scheme.
If we really go into this though, may i humbly suggest that we do not ask who is using what nick? Just keep everyones identity a secret. I respect my own privacy and certainly that of others too.

We will start with inviting the old timers first regardless of place/race, language or religion. Please PM me if keen but again will start with people who we are more familiar please.

Hi Wuqi,
Was unable to PM you (Full). I would like to know more, appreciate if you could PM me. Thanks.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I saw the signboard about the seafood. But I didn't dare to go in further to check it out just yet. It seems a bit ulu looking for that restaurant. Have u tried it before? Any good? :smile: maybe I can work out something with them to do daily catering for dinner (on normal dishes, not seafood) :smile:

Very good. It is a gem.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian Chinese working in SG know that they have a good deal lah. A Malaysian Chinese in her 30s told me she is going to retire at age 45 and not like Singaporeans need to work until 65 and beyond. No need 20 years, after working only 8 years in SG, she sold her 3 room flat at a $60k profit and returned to KL to work. Singaporean Chinese sell off 3 room flat can go where huh?

while working out my sums.. this is what i found out:

5rm hdb, non-prime location, fetching rental S$2k/mth (RM$4.8k)
jb terrace at RM$600k, about S$250k (using 2.4 exchange rate)

disregarding bank interest/rate fluctuation, and able to secure a full rental of the hdb, get back S$24k a year, and break-even in 10 years' time.
following that will be passive income.

so basically, can semi-retire after that.. i'll be around 50 by then.. not bad.

Last edited:

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am quite puzzled over certain issues here. Hope the seniors here can help educate me..

1) I was told that I had to pay state levy upon signing of S&P. I had gone down to the lawyer office at City Square on 30.12.2011 and paid almost RM11K (for lawyer fees and the state levy). This is on top of the 20% downpayment (inclusive of 8% developer discount) that I had to pay on the same date. I was told by the developer that they required a 20% downpayment (just like the case in sg). From what i read here, this seems not the norm.. It seems that some only paid 10% downpayment (Please correct me if I'm wrong). About a month ago, I was charged a certain amount to my Credit Card by AIA Malaysia for the insurance of property (MRTA if I'm not wrong). Other than that, I had not heard from any parties yet (RHB, Developer, law firm etc). I was told that the S&P would be couriered to me after state consent been given.. I was told by some bro here that this takes time and it is normal. This is my first investment in property and quite worried now as it is taking a long time. Feel silly to pay everything one shot. Could have left it in FD and earn some interest for bout 3 months rather than pay everything upfront assuming that it is not the norm...

2) I had chosen to take loan from RHB bank at -2.4 (3yrs lock-in). I was told by the bank officer that I can either pay 'interest only' or 'interest + principal' during construction. Alternatively at any time, I can put in any amount in multiples of RM1K to offset my principal amount. In future, if i ever need cash, I can withdraw the same amount that I had put in to offset my pincipal. Eg - If I had put in RM10K to offset my principal, I can withdraw up to RM10K if I needed the cash later.
RHB have not disburse anything yet to the developer so now I am not paying anything as yet. I would like to ask the seniors here for advice. Let say if I have about Sing $20K, should I use it to offset my principal so that i can save on the interest (bout 4%) or would my $20K be enough to make downpayment for another property. Would the banks loan me $ for my second property loan? For second property, is the loan capped at 70%? I am really interested in Taman Laguna too. Envying Bro DoA on his purchase there... How much u reckon I must have before I could go look for my 2nd property..

3) Bro Wuqi, I like to join the new club that u mentioned but I know it is for more senior members first. Can I be put on the waiting list please...? I hope this is not like those free property seminars after which u need to pay few thousands dollars to join the club. I had tried to gather some friends to pool money to purchase property in Malaysia for investment but so far been getting the usual negative response when they heard JB... I aspire to be like some bros here who have multiple properties and am currently reading up on 'Refinancing'. I want to rent out these properties so that I would have constant income (rather than leave it in the bank).

Appreciate any bros/sis kind response to the issues I mentioned above...

For Bros and Sis who bought HH landed properties from the developer, mind sharing when you got the transfer of title for the property from the developer to you (after collecting the key or before or when the construction was completed by a certain %)?

When did you pay the stamp duty for the transfer of title (a short time before the title will be transferred to you)?

Do you need to only start paying the property tax (quit rent and property tax) after the property title has been transferred from the developer to you?

Will they send a letter to SG address to remind you to pay the tax?

Thanks.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I went to the Laguna website and did not see anything there. Some problem with the website? Any info (figure) about the floor plan, Bro? I wonder whether there is something of similar concepts for an intermediate terrace in HH. I remember I saw HH selling an intermediate terrace with courtyard last Oct but did not remember seeing any place from the model that showed natural sunlight being able to be led into the courtyard. The problem with HH is that it does not bother to build a show house for the new launches and HH assumes the buyers are not interested in seeing any show house?

I have heard about Laguna house comes with free anti-termite treatment. HH does not get an anti-termite treatment, any Bros from HH mind sharing?

This free anti-termite treatment implies there is potential termite problem or not? Or HH has potential termite problems and the developer does not care for giving out free anti-termite treatment?

Sell yours and come join me. Haha. I need neighbor to help me look after my pond, like bro wuqi's friend and neighbor. And I will make sure u won't need to climb the gate :biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.