• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Start later should also means more cash bullets. 70% will be ok by then, provided no other huge commitments la. I gotta really think about my transport and start planning. When I think of Coe has recently risen again, seems like I will never be able to get one. Motorbike/bus might be the way to go after all

Ok , 3 candles still ok la, a learned man said before loan as much while u can n young .....can't imagine we stArt later n I think bank will loan 70% or less.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow.. You really want to convert your room into fish tanks to fund your house? Just Joking.. There is an aquarium in the row of shop houses near station one.. There is also one near Sentosa before the famous ba ku Teh..

Anyone here into marine aquarium? Any good shop for marine fishes? I know there is one at Sutera mall but that's a small shop. I'm already planning to have a 4ft tank built into the divider between my dining and kitchen area ... So premature lol

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I remember the one at station one. Near am bank there. But those are tropical fish leh ... I mean saltwater/seawater marine fishes. I always wanted to rare but it's so ex to buy in Sg. The price at Sutera mall is about 30 to 50 percenta cheaper than Sg. And I would assume it wil be even cheaper for shops not based within shopping mall. If there is one that's like mid valley shopping mall in KL, that would be fantastic!

Wow.. You really want to convert your room into fish tanks to fund your house? Just Joking.. There is an aquarium in the row of shop houses near station one.. There is also one near Sentosa before the famous ba ku Teh..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coastal highway have two sections. One at east, one at west. West is the one connecting danga to medini. East connects from pasir gudang to permas. East coastal highway is the one joining the edl. West only connect to skudai road or danga bay highway. Hope this is clearer to u now :smile:

This is where I got confused. Doesn't Coastal highway link up to EDL?

So if coastal highway is free, so will EDL, isn't it?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bros who are so inclined, a very learned bro of mine was inviting me to join in exploring to look into setting up a platform for investment to start based in Singapore. He has very good contacts and this sounds interesting. Bros keen on joining, not necessarily to invest but to have some kind of common interest groups will be great.

We will start with inviting the old timers first regardless of place/race, language or religion. Please PM me if keen but again will start with people who we are more familiar please.

Bro, ur PM full.

Anyway, do count me. Sounds quite interesting..:smile:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also don't know. My parents are still sceptical and they are not receptive. I have proceeded nonetheless. A room is always reserved for them if they eventually change their mind. Otherwise, I might explore renting out room for holiday makers :smile:

Hi DoA,

They will come around. Wuqi is living proof of that.

The news of some of the woodies rejecting old folks home in their area, we can quickly imagine why the Temasek has started with Wellness for their first foray into JB. And also Iskandar has open focus on medicals.

Imho, the future trend is undeniable. The island will be more focused on housing higher service industry and younger people. I see nothing wrong with that. It provides a good base of demand for Iskandar properties prices' stability and increased commerce from shifting of manufacturing base to it. In return, JB people will find more work in JB and Singapore and commute easier daily and they win on property investment. Is a win-win for both sides.

We all also would like to retire in JB to make the money go further, or at least have more space to stretch and walk and breathe and eat fresher...

I hope it kind of also answers your earlier question on what if property prices in Iskandar tanks this year and next two, due coming economic storms...

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do sound me up if there is sth I can explore..

Bros who are so inclined, a very learned bro of mine was inviting me to join in exploring to look into setting up a platform for investment to start based in Singapore. He has very good contacts and this sounds interesting. Bros keen on joining, not necessarily to invest but to have some kind of common interest groups will be great.

I looked at those early guys from Sri Lanka who came, saw and bought houses here with admiration. Really smart and brave in the beginning when they came out here and snapped out so many houses with the companies that they have set up. From what i heard, at one time 100 plus houses.

Probably not too many to join for this and again, this is not something to get anyone to fork out money nor some kind of get rich quick scheme.
If we really go into this though, may i humbly suggest that we do not ask who is using what nick? Just keep everyones identity a secret. I respect my own privacy and certainly that of others too.

We will start with inviting the old timers first regardless of place/race, language or religion. Please PM me if keen but again will start with people who we are more familiar please.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup bro. I kind of look beyond all that now. I don't even let all these factors confuse me anymore. I only did my sum whether I can proceed with the plan financially and physically, and then there it went. Paid and look forward :smile:

If it was for investment, then all economic factors had to be considered more thoroughly. So I told myself, even if the worst happen, I still own a house where I call my home within my financial means, and I shall be content. I'm slowly learning and I will find other opportunity to grow my money. Here is a good start with u guys. :smile:

Hi DoA,

They will come around. Wuqi is living proof of that.

The news of some of the woodies rejecting old folks home in their area, we can quickly imagine why the Temasek has started with Wellness for their first foray into JB. And also Iskandar has open focus on medicals.

Imho, the future trend is undeniable. The island will be more focused on housing higher service industry and younger people. I see nothing wrong with that. It provides a good base of demand for Iskandar properties prices' stability and increased commerce from shifting of manufacturing base to it. In return, JB people will find more work in JB and Singapore and commute easier daily and they win on property investment. Is a win-win for both sides.

We all also would like to retire in JB to make the money go further, or at least have more space to stretch and walk and breathe and eat fresher...

I hope it kind of also answers your earlier question on what if property prices in Iskandar tanks this year and next two, due coming economic storms...

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont reckon how many candles was the be all and end all criteria... :smile::smile:
I'm into 4 candles and got 90% for the first prop... though the rest were 75% each.

Wuqi256,
Count me in too if its something feasible.
Thanks.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
[SUP][/SUP]

Some of them said our citizenship is like toilet paper.
Even waiters and masseurs are given before election.. But who want our citizenship?
Just don't understand why they dont give citizenship to those foreigned spouses?
I blame the people who set the KPI bonus.

I think only those who want to profit and apply BTO want SG citizenship, quite easy since only one spouse need to be SG citizen to qualify. But I heard from a US citizen before that SG citizenship is good for the wealthy to escape the high tax in US. Not sure whether it is true?!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I remember the one at station one. Near am bank there. But those are tropical fish leh ... I mean saltwater/seawater marine fishes. I always wanted to rare but it's so ex to buy in Sg. The price at Sutera mall is about 30 to 50 percenta cheaper than Sg. And I would assume it wil be even cheaper for shops not based within shopping mall. If there is one that's like mid valley shopping mall in KL, that would be fantastic!

Bro,
Happy for you that you finally secured your dream home! ... I got to admit at some stage, I was doubting if you were just NATO, haha...
Laguna sounds like a really good buy from what I've seen on their website, I was contemplating driving in this weekend to have a closer look at it but on second thoughts, I dont think I'll ever need 6 bedrooms... mistresses or no mistresses!!! haha... :smile:
Its likely the start of many more wonderful and interesting adventures for many years to come for you, haha...

Btw, why marine fishes? ... Yes, its nice and colorful but its also a hell lot of work plus very expensive to maintain.
My buddies used to have them but after 2-3 years, became fossils in their living rooms! :smile:
Why not consider tropical fishes instead?
Malaysia is one of the world's biggest producers of tropical fishes and there are so many varieties to choose from and generally easy to maintain... and cost-wise, a pittance in comparison.
Anyway, good luck with the fishes and have fun!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing i seriously agree with the malaysians who posted this.

Malaysian chinese did not get all the benefits in their motherland. When they go to singapore, they aslso did not get all the benefits of the spore citizenship.

Sporeans buy hdb flats with heavy cpf grant and after 20 year and sell for rm 1 million to retire in malaysia. During the 20 years singaporeans work like dogs but after 20 years they retire like kings in malaysia and elsewhere. After 20 years of slogging in malaysia, the malaysian chinese find that their race are becoming endangered, kids with straight As cannot enter local universities and the lucky ones get to study in spore or aust universities and cant even return to work in malaysia.

=cathylmg;972046]This is an anti-singaporean cum Singaporean bashing forum. Most if not all of its post are contributed by Malaysian working or used to be in Singapore but secretly letting off their steam on grudges of their Singaporeans counter parts. Sort of like biting the hand that feeds them.

They would not give a damn if you contribute positive things about Singapore in this forum.
[/QUOTE]

Malaysian Chinese working in SG know that they have a good deal lah. A Malaysian Chinese in her 30s told me she is going to retire at age 45 and not like Singaporeans need to work until 65 and beyond. No need 20 years, after working only 8 years in SG, she sold her 3 room flat at a $60k profit and returned to KL to work. Singaporean Chinese sell off 3 room flat can go where huh?

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I paid the state consent to the lawyer a few months ago and then two months later, the bank loan has been disbursed to the developer. So I can assume the state consent has been obtained.

So assume very soon you pay the state consent to the lawyer, shouldn't the lawyer apply for the state consent for you immediately, if the state levy increases after you pay the lawyer and the lawyer has applied for state consent, you still need to pay for the increase?

In my case, the lawyer gave me the invoice with the state levy in it among the other charges when I signed the SPA. He told me I could pay later after all the formalities are done. However, if the state levy increases, they will send me the bill for that too.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forbes have ranked qatar the richest country in the world. Its gas reserve is third largest in the world. Spore is #03 and brunei is 5th.

Of course, we will hear many comments about how poor sporeans are. Its either sporeans are the number one complaint king in the world or that they are extremely humble lot of people. Forbes reports are usually objective and fair

What is the use of being No. 3 richest country when the wealth is used to take care of foreigners?

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry Bro, actually I was not asking for the formula for stamp duty and I was planning to type the formula but then forgot while typing the other parts of the post. Thank you very much anyway to put up the formula for the others to view.

And also thank you very much for sharing your case regarding the transfer of title.

Strange though, for my case, I have already paid the differential sum between the purchase price and loan amount and the bank has already paid a significant % as requested by the developer.

Strange, how comes I have not got the land title transfer to me?

Does this happen any other bros who have got landed property from HH developer?

Not from HH but I'll try to answer some of the questions

Stamp Duty of Land Title Transfer: First RM100k = 1%; Subsequent up to RM500k = 2%
Anything beyond RM500k= 3%

For mine, Land title transfer will be after I settled all the differential sum between purchase price and the loan amount.

Only when the title is registered and transfered, then only will the developer get loan disbursement from bank. That's what indicated on the step by step guide given by my developer.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kids in Singapore also have a hard time entering local universities where they are deemed not good enough while we have free food, education and lodging for foreigners who do not need to sink roots here to be entitled to all the freebies. Not everyone in Singapore is benefitting from all the policies and there are lots of people who live from hand to mouth. These are not complainers, no no, they even refuse help from passersby, they would prefer to continue collecting cans and odds and ends and sell. ...........................................................
[/QUOTE]

Yeah heard that nowadays people with decent grades also can't get into university while so many places are given to foreign scholars who got free lodging and allowance. My friends with young kids are all worried they can't get into local university and the cost of sending them overseas.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, the marine fish has always been an interest. Now that i have embarked on the journey doing what I didn't have, couldn't have and never would have, so I thought this marine tank is one of the thing I would do in future. I know it required a lot of skills to keep up the tank, I have done some studies over the years, and I will at least try it out and set up one, maybe starting with a smaller tank first.

For the tropical fish, I think I would have a small pond either at the patio or front porch. Some koi would be nice.

Aiya, 6 bedrooms sound nice. But the rooms aren't that big la. I might combine the smaller ones to a bigger one. Then I don't need to keep so many mistresses haha joking

Btw, sorry if I sounded like a NATO member, but i ain't one! :wink:

Bro,
Happy for you that you finally secured your dream home! ... I got to admit at some stage, I was doubting if you were just NATO, haha...
Laguna sounds like a really good buy from what I've seen on their website, I was contemplating driving in this weekend to have a closer look at it but on second thoughts, I dont think I'll ever need 6 bedrooms... mistresses or no mistresses!!! haha... :smile:
Its likely the start of many more wonderful and interesting adventures for many years to come for you, haha...

Btw, why marine fishes? ... Yes, its nice and colorful but its also a hell lot of work plus very expensive to maintain.
My buddies used to have them but after 2-3 years, became fossils in their living rooms! :smile:
Why not consider tropical fishes instead?
Malaysia is one of the world's biggest producers of tropical fishes and there are so many varieties to choose from and generally easy to maintain... and cost-wise, a pittance in comparison.
Anyway, good luck with the fishes and have fun!

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, Congratulations for getting a property in such a nice location full of potential! If I haven't got mine, I will certainly want to get one at your place too!

Fresh catch everyday and BBQ/sashimi. Yummmmm ! Haha. That's an idea. I might operate fish/prawn fishing there :p

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sell yours and come join me. Haha. I need neighbor to help me look after my pond, like bro wuqi's friend and neighbor. And I will make sure u won't need to climb the gate :biggrin:

Bro, Congratulations for getting a property in such a nice location full of potential! If I haven't got mine, I will certainly want to get one at your place too!

Status
Not open for further replies.