• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not been a good day. Made an offer this morning, then the seller countered offer, I told the agent okay with the price. Was over the moon and before we get to signing the option, the next moment, the agent called and said the seller decided not to sell. Not a happy bunny. So despaired. Mentally exhausted :(

Fated not yrs lor. Take it easy.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not been a good day. Made an offer this morning, then the seller countered offer, I told the agent okay with the price. Was over the moon and before we get to signing the option, the next moment, the agent called and said the seller decided not to sell. Not a happy bunny. So despaired. Mentally exhausted :(

DoA, take it easy man. I know how frustrating and exhausting it can be.....

Welcome to buying subsale property in Nusajaya! Imagine, I had deposits returned to me thrice after confirming price and all with different owners. Even the lawyer and banker also got fed up with me in cancelling so many times. As frustrated as I am, they also knew this is not my fault at all. I ended up buying my properties in Nusajaya from Developers instead. Dont get me wrong, I am not advising you to do likewise but I just can't take the frustration and time wasted.

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea. Brief SMS. G&G has been approved when I checked with them 2 mths ago.

they show a letter of application, not letter of approval. they don't have perimeter fencing, with the last row backing the shoplot will be secured by "gate". what type of gate, we don't know.

They claimed that all "gate" will have CCTV to ensure security of the last row residents...

I asked: why not full perimeter fencing, the answer was " for ambulance to pass by". So that means Horizon Hill, NI all possess danger of Ambulance can't pass by? Their answer perplexed me...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro what kind of resale unit ?

nesta0013

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I'm one of the newie here too...Happy new year to all:smile:

Reading through the threads, seem like bros and sis here mostly are mentioning about NI and HH.
I have been to HH before, it's really create the "WOW' factor once I saw it....but never been to NI yet.
Any different between HH and NI(design,concept...),I guess NI is a bit cheaper compared to HH? And NI does not have the golf course?

Other that NI and HH, is there any other development worth exploring? I'm also thinking of getting one in Iskandar area :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, thanks for sharing. Can elaborate more on agents that are "action", and sacrifice 2% from seller in order to get buyer's 1%? In Malaysia, seller shall pay 2% to the agent as the seller appoints them, right? Thx

Yup. Same here.
Lawyer and banker has been waiting for the owner title for one week.
The owner kept on delaying..guess he wants to wait and hope to fetch a higher price.
Don't worry DoA, plenty of houses in JB. As the saying goes..if the house is meant to be yours, it will be yours. No point getting stress up.

Beware of agents as well, some agents are "action" and simply shout price. They even sacrifice the 2% owner commission and just want to get the 1% commission from the buyer.

Anyway, I totally agree with getting a property straight from the developer. You can save on stamp duty, lawyer fees, etc. Worth it.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, can u elaborate the scenario? U paid the buyer 1%?

From my understanding, an agent cannot collect commission from both parties ....

Yeah, the commission part is a headache. I paid the buyer 1% for mine cos I was blur, but I will make it a point never to pay that again.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I'm one of the newie here too...Happy new year to all:smile:

Reading through the threads, seem like bros and sis here mostly are mentioning about NI and HH.
I have been to HH before, it's really create the "WOW' factor once I saw it....but never been to NI yet.
Any different between HH and NI(design,concept...),I guess NI is a bit cheaper compared to HH? And NI does not have the golf course?

Other that NI and HH, is there any other development worth exploring? I'm also thinking of getting one in Iskandar area :smile:

Bro Nesta, Welcome !

Have you read all the postings? Both here (Living in JB 2) and in Living in JB...Plenty of great info and advice there...Be patient and read through them...:biggrin:

As you have noted, most of us here are vested in NI and HH but there also some in EL, PH, BI, DO, LF...Happy hunting... :biggrin:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. It's just annoying. The seller have advertised it for about a month. And after so much talking, then suddenly he didn't want to sell. Guess he knows if I could offer this current price now, there might be other guys (or "water fish") offering higher. I pray and curse he will never sell his bloody house and better still, the bank possess his house! Okay, just letting it out....Mean no harm ...

DoA, take it easy man. I know how frustrating and exhausting it can be.....

Welcome to buying subsale property in Nusajaya! Imagine, I had deposits returned to me thrice after confirming price and all with different owners. Even the lawyer and banker also got fed up with me in cancelling so many times. As frustrated as I am, they also knew this is not my fault at all. I ended up buying my properties in Nusajaya from Developers instead. Dont get me wrong, I am not advising you to do likewise but I just can't take the frustration and time wasted.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a newly completed empty unfurnished terrace, bro ...

You mean more worth it than NI corner unit @ rm529K ? I thought unless bo bian then look for resale , as you need to pay stamp duty , commission to agent , legal fees , bank loan fees . Which can amounting to 30-40K leh . From what I see NI coner unit is best buy currently lor .

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, a local needs to be earning 9k nett income in order to qualify for a loan ( based on understanding that bank will only lend 30% of nett income) in order to buy a house that's 700k. 400k is more palatable, and that's why NI has proven to be a good option ...

Bro, r u referring to the town houses? Its called the impression, right? Is that the one whereby one owner will own the first floor, and another owner for the other 1.5 floors?

That's true.
By all means, try to avoid buying subsales and go directly with developer. If really no choice, then go for subsales.

House price seems to skyrocketed high. I wonder who can afford buying. Normal fresh graduate or working adults with 3-4 years experiences will be earning around 3-5K/month. Imagine the current house price around 700K++...crazy rite?

Oh yah..anyone heard of the new 2 1/2 storey project by tanah sutera? Any feedback or comments?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erm, the price was actually higher than NI, but bigger built up and as an overall, i felt the price was justified in a number of aspects. Thats why put in an offer ... But was "cancelled" without reason. It was not even a case where the seller tried to demand for a higher price ... It just threw me

Yah, I even calculated that all these fees will come to about RM32K. If compare to NI, uem does absorp a lot of cost, but if compared to HH, they absorp minimum cost also ...

You mean more worth it than NI corner unit @ rm529K ? I thought unless bo bian then look for resale , as you need to pay stamp duty , commission to agent , legal fees , bank loan fees . Which can amounting to 30-40K leh . From what I see NI coner unit is best buy currently lor .

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Data has launched D'Rich Condo Suites. Most are starting from RM 300k onwards. RM 500k gets you a nice 3 bedder at mid-level. Location is behind Giant Bukit Indah. FYI if apartments are your cup of tea.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not feeling very well today but still brought family over to JB. It's funny as I would find all sorts of excuses not to go JB six months ago.

Went to Jusco Indah and got MACS for the whole family. Happy with the process as it was very efficient. After that, went to Habib to load up on my cholestro. Yummy!

Since I was in the neighbourhood, decided to check out how my unit at NI was doing. Seems the guards are now more on the ball as I needed to spend some time to persuade her to allow me to enter. This is nice! Hoping the security standard will continue to improve from here. Then, went in and looked around. Judging at the rate of construction, I will not be surprised if the project was complete before end of the year. Hooray!

One thing to point out to those going to apply for MACS. After getting the MACS and clearing Malaysia custom, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PASSPORT IS STAMPED. Mine was almost not stamped as the officer thought that I entered Malaysia today already with MACS. So, please take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.