• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok. Point taken Boss.

Incidentally i saw an ad. Taman Nusantara houses are indeed real cheap. Cant get this kind of prices elsewhere anymore.

How i wish i am your relative. U have a good heart.

Yes for that price and own stay, can still buy.

I am just a normal person but i just try to help all i can. The only regret i had was spending time away from family and friends helping clones or fake forummers who PMed me for help repeatedly. I could have used that time better to help others and those genuinely in need. I should have used all that time to help out the friend who committed suicide. :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Where are good places to shop for a refrigerator. Nothing fancy, mine just died and I want a replacement.

There is a shop at Perling Mall, i always cannot remember the name but there is only one electrical shop there. Never go to Tesco to buy, a good bro and myself both had bad experiences there.

My friend already promised his tenant (he takes his promises very seriously) and even had to go repeatedly there to ask them for delivery to which they said, it might be another Monday or Tuesday before it will get there. He already booked more than 1 week in advance, i have always asked him to buy outside but he had faith in Tesco then.

After promising my friend they will do it by the 4th. In the end, 5th also never saw or anything. Only after he wanted a refund, then they sent it and then it was a dented one and they told him they only deliver and don't unpack. When he went there to ask about the dent, again they fobbed him off and asked him to call the manufacturer directly even though it just arrived on that day and he reported on the same day.

Only after writing in to complain, then they went to switch another one for him.
Throughout this exercise, never once did the guy involved apologised.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a shop at Perling Mall, i always cannot remember the name but there is only one electrical shop there. Never go to Tesco to buy, a good bro and myself both had bad experiences there.

My friend already promised his tenant (he takes his promises very seriously) and even had to go repeatedly there to ask them for delivery to which they said, it might be another Monday or Tuesday before it will get there. He already booked more than 1 week in advance, i have always asked him to buy outside but he had faith in Tesco then.

After promising my friend they will do it by the 4th. In the end, 5th also never saw or anything. Only after he wanted a refund, then they sent it and then it was a dented one and they told him they only deliver and don't unpack. When he went there to ask about the dent, again they fobbed him off and asked him to call the manufacturer directly even though it just arrived on that day and he reported on the same day.

Only after writing in to complain, then they went to switch another one for him.
Throughout this exercise, never once did the guy involved apologised.

Thanks.

Tesco is very poorly run here, in my opinion. They are actually fairly well run internationally so it is disappointing. Even their vegetables (an area of focus for Tesco internationally, and any sensible market actually) are pitiful.

I was standing around for minutes waiting to get my backpack back - they confiscate it from you because they treat all customers as though they are criminals :-( I see this employee walk up from outside, he looks at me and walks on. I recognized him from the big photo of the manager of the store that I was staring at waiting for someone to finally help. How a manager could not serve the customer their store failed to, and just walk on by is something that would not be tolerated in most of their other stores. I rarely go back, but when I do I check and the vegetables are always in a very poor state (at any Tesco I go to). Jusco in far far better run (and cheaper for stuff I buy anyway) - very good fresh vegetables too.

When a store or area of stores are poorly run it usually covers all aspects. The failure to set the right tone affects all customer interactions with the stores.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Dumex n Nespray are subsided, i didnt know that.
then those dairy milk like HL n Marigold, are they subsided too?

yes , they are made in msia ...
its ok to bring some back for personal consumption , and its not that frequent that they check the boot except some festive seasons ....
i have seen sg cars loads with a lot of sugars and milk etc , i guess they have a lot of kuehs to make ....

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all the bitterness and sweetness experienced by Singaporeans with the passing of our national day, may I contribute my piece, be it crude or amateurish, for laughter or for self-reflection, for someone's gold or someone shit, I shamelessly share with you my piece. :o

(No copyright applied and can modify as one wishes if ones see gold in it and want to convert it into other forms but as for myself it is of shit-value to me. :smile: )

You, the citizens of Asia
You, the citizens of the world
Together, you have come here and occupied our overcrowded island,
Public transports and breathing space in hawkers centers and shopping centers.
You came in doves at the open arms of our Government labour policy,
Which is based on talents and cheaper-ness, irregardless of nationality and citizenship.
You came to build your fortune and sent it home to support your families and your home country's economy.

The government of Singapore is "upright" and gracious;
It treats the labours of all nationalities with equality and no bias to its own nationality.
The government of Singapore is of world class standard and deserving of the highest remunerations.
The people of the Asia and the world,
Do not have to worry about paying the astronomical remuneration for them.
Because the citizens of Singapore are self-sacrificing;
We will foot the bill for our own elite Government remunerations
Even at the expense of our own oversupply-depressed remunerations,
And we will never shiver at the threat of being replaced by other cheaper and talented workers of other nationalities
Even if they are not as talented as purported by our Government and employers of Singapore companies.
For the workers of the world are deserving of our pity,
As they had been forsaken by their own governments,
Who are unable to provide them with enough jobs and sufficient remunerations to feed their own families.

We the citizens of Singapore, pledge ourselves as one united people,
Together we will support the workers of the Asia and the world,
Be it the fortune seekers or the forsaken ones.
We the citizens of Singapore, workers or the unemployed
Have great forbearance in us and will fully give our support to our Government, elections after elections,
For the great vision and cause that our Government have painted for us.
Together, we the citizens of Singapore
Will wait with patience and tolerance
For the day that we shall be delivered.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all the bitterness and sweetness experienced by Singaporeans with the passing of our national day, may I contribute my piece, be it crude or amateurish, for laughter or for self-reflection, for someone's gold or someone shit, I shamelessly share with you my piece. :o

Where is the Like button? :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. I don't understand why people don't first and foremost see themselves as part of the broad sweep of humanity. Where our parents happened to sit on the globe when we grew up is a detail that people get far too excited about. On the positive side that is fine (just having fun and celebrating a nation). When it come to disliking… those who grew up in different places it is a big waste.

If you live in a society you have an obligation to respect the rules of that society. And in my opinion have an obligation to help make it better - but that gets trickier if you are seen as an outsider, especially if people are insecure and see and thoughts of ways to improve as some outsider criticizing their country. Since the focus in so many countries now is to be insecure about outsiders (thinking the outsiders are dis-respecting them…) it is usually best to not bother trying to make the place you are visiting better; unless there it is almost impossible for someone to somehow take offense.

It seems silly to me that someone would get worried about someone having flag of some other county or some sports team or whatever. But lots of people do. I think it is normally when they are insecure about the area they support and so get worried if anyone even likes anything other than what they do. That attitude seems silly to me, but in that case it is often best just to refrain. In my experience, most of the time, if people are not insecure they really don't care what flags someone flies at their house (occasionally you get super nationalist that are all excited about political borders that were placed on the globe generations ago and they get bothered even if they are not insecure - but this is a small minority, and exists in most every country to lessor and greater degrees).

The less a country cares about other flags being flown the better image that country has of itself in my opinion.

Consider as citizen of SEA is well said, better still consider be citizen of the world. Can I as citizen of the world stay and work in your home country in the same manner as easy as what SG govt allow foreigners? Even Malaysia, with much grace allowing SG citizens to long term stay in Malaysia without a job, still require SG citizen to return home and chop the passport every month.

My point remains that foreigners shouldn't post remarks about SG citizens being bitter or insecure after taking advantage of SG job and other policies due to stupid govt that allow easy entry of foreigners.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, really LIKE the "YOU the citizens of Asia, YOU the citizens of the world" part :smile:

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learned bros, need some advise on mm2h. I looked at the application. Looks troublesome. Is it true that the applicant and all defendants will need to do medical checkup at a Malaysian hospital? And for each member, is there is a charge of 90rm per year for the pass?

I see the main benefit as being able to employ a domestic helper.

Without mm2h, is it possible to take the Singapore maid across and just take her out once a month? I heard one of my friends got a warning when she tried to do just that, despite having an macs for the maid. The custom officer told her to take the maid back to SG. Anyone with similar experiences?

I did the MM2H on my own and by following the guidelines as spelt out on their website.

The medical is required when they have given the approval and before getting the visa.

I did the medical at a clinic in Gelang Patah.

Apart from the maid thing, you can also bring in your personal car tax free. So if you have a high COE and high PARF car, it is worth to scrap and take back all those money from LTA and bring it into Malaysia. Or you can purchase a new Malaysian car tax free.

I got a Approved Permit to ship out a personal car to Johor by the 2nd link and cost me much much less to own it here than in Sg and in Malaysia. However the car must be owned before visa approval.

However it can only be used in Malaysia as we are not allowed to drive foreign registered car.

I also feel that with the MM2H visa, we seem to get better treatment from the Imm and Custom. Maybe it is perception but I think it does helps to make my stay here less of worrying with the authorities.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes for that price and own stay, can still buy.

I am just a normal person but i just try to help all i can. The only regret i had was spending time away from family and friends helping clones or fake forummers who PMed me for help repeatedly. I could have used that time better to help others and those genuinely in need. I should have used all that time to help out the friend who committed suicide. :(

For home stay only if we dont mind the environment hazard and those electrical cables i.e. Taman Nusantara.:(

Boss, my condolences to your friend.:( Why he ended his life like that? Do you know how painful it is when one soul is being taken away.:eek::o

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to put it, you are inviting trouble?

Then how then do you ask someone to believe in God to put away the cross?

Bro, dont mind me asking.

If u are a Christian or Muslim. I stay at your home for one night. How would u feel if i bring along my idol (buddha), place it on your living room shelf. Even just for one night.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think foreigners enjoying plum jobs in SG shouldn't pass sarcastic remarks about SG local being bitter. After all, if the same thing happens in their country, probably will riot by now and not just bitter.

Boy Boy 100% agree on above post!

I have seen Msian PRs and Msian employment pass holders, holding executive posts. Salary wise above S$4k. U guys go figure out is it true Sporeans fussy about pay??

Many a time asked my Msian friends to renounce the MC and become SC. All say thanks but no thanks. All say Spore too cramp! Everything expensive! Nice place to work. But not an ideal place to dwell!

Period!

Last edited:

Tay99

Boy Boy 100% agree on above post!

I have seen Msian PRs and Msian employment pass holders, holding executive posts. Salary wise above S$4k. U guys go figure out is it true Sporeans fussy about pay??

Many a time asked my Msian friends to renounce the MC and become SC. All say thanks but no thanks. All say Spore too cramp! Everything expensive! Nice place to work. But not an ideal place to dwell!

Period!

Dear all Bros,
Sorry if am bait slow cos I just joined. Btw, I truly agree to live in JB and possible rent our sg mouse out. Am glad I did that lucky I have a msian wife so I can bought property <Rm 500k. I got amseaview unit very near causeway and best of all still able to receive sg network. Looking forward to getting my key and start to reno slowly and hopefully can celebrate cny there next year! Cheers!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must make it an effort to apply MM2H! So not necessary to use agent at all?

I did the MM2H on my own and by following the guidelines as spelt out on their website.

The medical is required when they have given the approval and before getting the visa.

Apart from the maid thing, you can also bring in your personal car tax free. So if you have a high COE and high PARF car, it is worth to scrap and take back all those money from LTA and bring it into Malaysia. Or you can purchase a new Malaysian car tax free.

I got a Approved Permit to ship out a personal car to Johor by the 2nd link and cost me much much less to own it here than in Sg and in Malaysia. However the car must be owned before visa approval.

However it can only be used in Malaysia as we are not allowed to drive foreign registered car.

I also feel that with the MM2H visa, we seem to get better treatment from the Imm and Custom. Maybe it is perception but I think it does helps to make my stay here less of worrying with the authorities.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro how much must deposit into fixed deposit? If property 1m above how much also to deposit?

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

You waited and waited,
No one showed you the way.
The ignorant ones passed by you helplessly.
The knowing and powerful ones passed by you with selfguardedness.

Powerless as you are,
Your heart is true and pure belonging to the 39.9% voters
Powerless as you may be,
Still you wanted to have your voice heard.
You truly belong to the courageous 39.9%.

Others kept their butt glued to the safety of their couch,
Watching the fireworks goes by behind their screens.
They are afraid to light up the firecracker within their hearts,
For fear of blowing up their only highly inflated asset,
Which has but a limited life span.
They chose to belong to the 60.1% voters.
And pass down their burden asset
To none other than their voiceless children and future grandchildren.

Some bright ones of the 60.1%
Search no further than here
For a cheaper, yet bigger asset and is limitless in time.
A good deal in their hands,
So they they thought.
But they forgot they are in foreign lands,
A place where they can't have a voice,
A place where they can only vest their wealth in,
But mercy is in the hands of others.

Still they chose to see the brighter side,
And their voiceless hearts stay with the 60.1%.
Grumble they did but when the time comes,
Their hearts stays with the 60.1%.
Clones aplenty here,
But the 60.1% lived a life faker than a clone,
For they have an inner voice that can't be aired.

Narmi, people like you, powerless you may be, brings hope to our civilization.....to have your voice heard, login and click on the first icon (star-like) at the bottom of the post that you want to have your voice heard - be it agree or disagree - you will have a say in your destiny.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly, I don't mind to give up my citizenship if SG government doing better in protecting their citizens. I need some security because I will never be able to get back my Malaysia citizenship if I ever give it up.

Glad u r aware of it. Now u know why ginfreely or me or any other Sinkies feeling bitter over our garment FTs policies? U can see such bitter posts now and then. So it doesnt augers well if some FTs were to badmouth us and advice us to appreciate our garment policies, when they the one (not referring u) who took our jobs away with the blessing of sinkies garment!

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
kopikong99 said:

Thank you.

For the application, it says that you will need to pay some bond fee, etc at some tax department MY government offices. Where did you do it? Is it troublesome or long wait?

There is also a need to certify true copies of the certs, etc. Did you do it t the lawyer's office?

Sorry for the questions, I'm contemplating whether to get an agent and save the trouble at the application phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.