• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
have a surprising news to share. came to know that our unit in HH (Greens) that we bought in april this year has been converted to bumi lot. although the unit that we bought was marked under international lot. this news was shared by my banker and not the sales agent through which i bought the unit. has anyone here faced a similar situation before? is this a norm in malaysian property? we were waiting for over 3 months to sign s&p and got this disappointing news... experts here plz share ur openion

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you.

For the application, it says that you will need to pay some bond fee, etc at some tax department MY government offices. Where did you do it? Is it troublesome or long wait?

There is also a need to certify true copies of the certs, etc. Did you do it t the lawyer's office?

Sorry for the questions, I'm contemplating whether to get an agent and save the trouble at the application phase.

Need to open a FD of RM3ook. After 1 year, can take out RM150k for property purchase, medical or education but must maintain minimum RM150k throughout.
Currently, loan is about 4plus percent interest whereas FD is 3plus percent.
So I thought might as well use the 150k towards the loan payment rather than put in a FD for the MM2H.
Unless, the MM2H allows RM150k to be in a flexi-loan account, then it is different.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aisanbo said:
Need to open a FD of RM3ook. After 1 year, can take out RM150k for property purchase, medical or education but must maintain minimum RM150k throughout.
Currently, loan is about 4plus percent interest whereas FD is 3plus percent.
So I thought might as well use the 150k towards the loan payment rather than put in a FD for the MM2H.
Unless, the MM2H allows RM150k to be in a flexi-loan account, then it is different.
Thanks.

I meant the 200rm bond fee. Something inexpensive but troublesome at the application phase.

Where did you do it? And how did you certify true copies?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must make it an effort to apply MM2H! So not necessary to use agent at all?

When I make my application, agent quoted me MR10,000 and say he can discount to MR7,000.

I think I only make 2 trips to the Putra WTC at KL to do this. One time to submit my application and the second time to make the final MM2H visa.

I used both trips as a business cum holiday as well instead of spending MR7,000 on agent that would still requires my time for some of the paperwork.

I used their guidelines published on their website and should you have any query you can email to them and the officers are very helpful.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro how much must deposit into fixed deposit? If property 1m above how much also to deposit?

Below 50 years old you have to put in a FD of MR300,000 with any bank and above 50 is only MR150,000.

For the MR150,000 FD, they allow you to withdraw MR50,000 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.

I think if you have a 1mil fully paid up house, then just need to maintain the basic MR100,000 FD with any bank throughout the program.

For more of these information, you may want to visit their website: http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks.

I meant the 200rm bond fee. Something inexpensive but troublesome at the application phase.

Where did you do it? And how did you certify true copies?

we were directed by those MM2H people to the tax department which is near by to pay this bond fee. It is really no hassle.

And by using my Garmin gps, I am able to find all those places though I am not familar with KL in the least.

As for certifying true copies, I went to the Malaysian embassy in Singapore in Jervois road and convince the person in charge to endorse for me. I think I paid a fee of S$50 for that services.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
have a surprising news to share. came to know that our unit in HH (Greens) that we bought in april this year has been converted to bumi lot. although the unit that we bought was marked under international lot. this news was shared by my banker and not the sales agent through which i bought the unit. has anyone here faced a similar situation before? is this a norm in malaysian property? we were waiting for over 3 months to sign s&p and got this disappointing news... experts here plz share ur openion

sorry to hear abt this , so cant go ahead n buy ?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can u elaborate more?
U said u bought, n when u mentioned tat u waited for 3 months, I assumed u signed s&p in July. If so, verify what's stated in e agreement?
I have heard of similar case happened in another dev few mths back.
I'm sure u have contacted the sales agent by now? What's e clarification from him or her?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can u elaborate more?
U said u bought, n when u mentioned tat u waited for 3 months, I assumed u signed s&p in July. If so, verify what's stated in e agreement?
I have heard of similar case happened in another dev few mths back.
I'm sure u have contacted the sales agent by now? What's e clarification from him or her?

i heard booked nia , now only going to exercise s&p ...

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seems like you paid a deposit but haven't sign the SPA.
Now becomes bumi unit and you can't buy, shouldn't they compensate you ?
You waited 3 months and incurred opportunity costs right?
But I guess they must have covered themselves somehow.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think no SPA = no legal binding contract = no compensation
Even for resales, how many times have we heard tat seller pulls out last min after accepting deposit n leave buyer in the limbo?

Seems like you paid a deposit but haven't sign the SPA.
Now becomes bumi unit and you can't buy, shouldn't they compensate you ?
You waited 3 months and incurred opportunity costs right?
But I guess they must have covered themselves somehow.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then definitely no case to fight. At most e developer will refund deposit or offer another unit, but may be at higher value also. E intended purchaser is slightly on the losing end ... I feel

yes , just saw he has posted in hh fb , looks like LL liao ....
they mentioned thats hh way of doing marketing and protect themselves ... but 30k cheque was cleared long time ago ....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boy Boy 100% agree on above post!

I have seen Msian PRs and Msian employment pass holders, holding executive posts. Salary wise above S$4k. U guys go figure out is it true Sporeans fussy about pay??

Many a time asked my Msian friends to renounce the MC and become SC. All say thanks but no thanks. All say Spore too cramp! Everything expensive! Nice place to work. But not an ideal place to dwell!

Period!

Malaysians in the past were keen to convert to SG citizens, they used to think SG is a better country and converted without any hesitation. However, this was before the change to the current state of affairs, I know two ex-Malaysians in their 40s and 60s who converted and now regretting. Too late they said.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
kopikong99 said:
we were directed by those MM2H people to the tax department which is near by to pay this bond fee. It is really no hassle.

And by using my Garmin gps, I am able to find all those places though I am not familar with KL in the least.

As for certifying true copies, I went to the Malaysian embassy in Singapore in Jervois road and convince the person in charge to endorse for me. I think I paid a fee of S$50 for that services.

That's useful. Thanks heaps!

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below 50 years old you have to put in a FD of MR300,000 with any bank and above 50 is only MR150,000.

For the MR150,000 FD, they allow you to withdraw MR50,000 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.

I think if you have a 1mil fully paid up house, then just need to maintain the basic MR100,000 FD with any bank throughout the program.

For more of these information, you may want to visit their website: http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

Thks bro for the infor... Think this is another form of PR for foreigners ?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows where is the best and affordable TCM.. Traditional Chinese medicine... For acupuncture ? My wife needs to visit one cos after giving birth to my 3rd child always feel headache. Any kind soul would help recommend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.