• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stay lah.. Don't go.. Many folks here can teach you how to stay good during pregnancy.. And also how to teach a boy since you don't have too many brothers... First of all, we will ask him not to learn Juli hua Bo Dian...and stay straight..

Hey Crystal,
Just one last post from me here....Thanks.
I like you a lot...haha. I will ping you on one of the FB group you are in. I feel awkward here. I'm colour blind when it comes to races or IC colors so this place is not for me. My family consists of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand passport holders - parents Malaysian, stepdad Singaporean, stepmom is Thai. In my family, we speak Thai, mandarin, hokkien, Hakka, and I went to Malay school so Malay is always one of my mother tounge. Make things even more complicated, I'm married to Malaysian - true blue cantonese boy who spent most his time at south China. I don't even know which language I'm going to speak to my newborn. I often have identity crisis but consider myself citizen of south east Asian, throw me to any of then countries in this region, I can become their native almost immediately.
Will keep in touch with you soon...ta..and have a great weekend ahead.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey sis. Stay. Dun think Ginfreely was discriminating on anything. Just a minor misunderstanding. Surely we can iron out?

So u can also speak Hakka. Stay and speak Hakka with me and ah tiong, hao ng hao?

Hey Crystal,
I like you a lot...haha. I will ping you on one of the FB group you are in. I feel awkward here. I'm colour blind when it comes to races or IC colors so this place is not for me. My family consists of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand passport holders - parents Malaysian, stepdad Singaporean, stepmom is Thai. In my family, we speak Thai, mandarin, hokkien, Hakka, and I went to Malay school so Malay is always one of my mother tounge. Make things even more complicated, I'm married to Malaysian - true blue cantonese boy who spent most his time at south China. I don't even know which language I'm going to speak to my newborn. I often have identity crisis but consider myself citizen of south east Asian, throw me to any of then countries in this region, I can become their native almost immediately.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to like baskin Robbin n I always only buy one flavor, the rum and raisin. Din patronize anymore ever since they stopped selling my fav flavor

Free Baskin Robbin ice cream was given out to the public today.

It was a treat promised if Malaysia wins an Olympic gold medal.
They only managed silver but decide to give away the ice cream anyway.

Mind you it's not surplus stock of 'tak laku' flavours.
You get to walk in and pick a scoop of any flavour you want just like if you were a paying customer.

Malaysia Boleh!

FamMH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo bro..can imagine how you sow clothes and flick needles.. Good night.. Going to celebrate national day here.. However saw one family put up Singapore flag outside his house here in HH... That is something bad...not very sensitive thing to do..

Can someone ask that family to keep away e Singapore flag before they get into big trouble!

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arsenal, no problem :smile: BTW I lied about having the screen capture; thought I could trick u into giving me some reputation points so that I could last longer here. :P No lah, just joking, don't really need any "forced" points from anyone.... I know better than to overstay ones welcomeness; learnt that from the mistake of two very prominent men around - DR Mahathir and MM Lee.

Last edited:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone ask that family to keep away e Singapore flag before they get into big trouble!

Wait a minute.... should I even said this. Thought it would be "good" to know what the Malaysian govt would do to this SG guy compared to the leniency that our govt extended to the PRC guy who hang up his country flag in our HDB flat recently. :o

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yo bro..can imagine how you sow clothes and flick needles.. Good night.. Going to celebrate national day here.. However saw one family put up Singapore flag outside his house here in HH... That is something bad...not very sensitive thing to do..

Yes i just saw one too. I think we are referring to the same house. Either a very patriotic person or an ex town council/RC guy. :smile:

To be fair though, our European friends here also display their respective countries flag on their respective national days. Not overtly though.

If its me, i would put 3 flags on my gates, flag of Johor on my right, flag of Singapore on my left and Malaysia flag flying on a flag mast somewhere. Likely in the first place, i would erect 3 flag poles :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry if you think that way. It didn't cross my mind, it would be interpreted that way.
Anyway, until i have the pink ic, the best way I shouldn't be here in this forum. Good night and good bye!

Hi battleangel, Sis ginfreely is probably one of the nicest around here actually but she is one never to mince her words which i seriously don't think was meant for you in the first place. Peace to all and wonderful National day to those celebrating it tomorrow.

Btw, If anyone hears 3 quick pop of fireworks tomorrow night, it will probably be me. Just going to use 3 sticks. :smile:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i just saw one too. I think we are referring to the same house. Either a very patriotic person or an ex town council/RC guy. :smile:

To be fair though, our European friends here also display their respective countries flag on their respective national days. Not overtly though.

If its me, i would put 3 flags on my gates, flag of Johor on my right, flag of Singapore on my left and Malaysia flag flying on a flag mast somewhere. Likely in the first place, i would erect 3 flag poles :smile:

Lol. Good one bro! Same thinking as u. Have to be fair and square to the country we living in... It's an acting of respect to them.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Speaking of respect. Giving respect when its fully/over due.

Today on the 9th of August, i stand in complete awe of those who have and are still contributing to our tiny island nation.

Yes, some may only respect you when your breathen have died and bled in battle but i know what you have been through and for that, i salute you.

Your sacrifice is still remembered at least by some but never forgotten even by those ungrateful to you.
Without you, our nation would not be what it is today, attracting the best/worst of all the countries around us.

I have met up recently with a senior official in MY who has sons who served NS in SG. They are more Singaporeans then Malaysians now and have served NS in different capacities.

Respect for all the NSmen, no matter the service, unit or vocation. No matter how ungrateful some may be, know that you are not forgotten at least by a minority.

To those who constantly put down NSmen yet have not served a single day for the country or bore kids for the country(not referring to those unmarried). - Must only the blood and tears be shed in battle so as to be treasured? Must the lives of the fallen fill the ground in conflict in order to elicit a word of thanks from the likes of you?

How much blood have you shed for your country then to be able to constantly criticise others?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lol. Good one bro! Same thinking as u. Have to be fair and square to the country we living in... It's an acting of respect to them.

Thanks. Definitely worthy of respect, i see the spirit of a nation rise and fall with a mans defeat. All the different coloured threads intertwined in unity. It was touching to see it. The spirit that they shared things, even the ice cream was really different.

I agree with bro FundTransfer, we definitely have much to learn.

I feel sad that people who did their best in the sports in the past never did get the reward they deserve. I remembered Mr Tan Howe Liang with respect on this, our national day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tan_Howe_Liang

Excerpts:

The lack of financial support meant that Tan had to pay out of his own pocket to finance his training and expenses. At that time, Tan was working as a clerk at Cathay Organisation. He also worked as a mechanic. However, he plodded on, after promising his late father that "One day, I will be the strongest man in the world".

Tan is a humble man who never complained. Compared to the present day where Singapore athletes are promised a reward of S$1 million for winning a gold medal at the Olympics, Tan did not receive any monetary rewards for his effort in 1960.

Tan was given the honour of being the flagbearer at the closing ceremony of the National Stadium on 30 June 2007. The leotard and belt which Tan wore during his 10½-hour competition in Rome were put on display in a glass case in the Singapore Sports Council's Sports Museum at the National Stadium.

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
battleangel said:
Hey Crystal,

Its a pity.

One tip if that might help - ignore the posts you don't like to read. Some posts here are good, while others are just a waste of time. Learn to ignore those posts that are trivial. Thats the beauty of the internet - you read what you want, contribute what you deem fit, and ignore the rest. Theres no need to mull over every post. Learning to ignore, especially those posts that you might take offense, is a useful skill.

I hope to see you here again.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am the one to put up national flag for my parents every year in Singapore without being told for 20+ years.

These days, it seemed only grassrooots or pap related will put up flags..And only at prominent area that their boss could see... I don't do that anymore..so are my neighbours who are pure singaporeans in Singapore..

National day has become a holiday..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm one of the lucky ones who got the NDP ticket. Going to watch with my family tonight. hehe

Wow u so lucky bro! Congrats. I have never been able to get the tix not even for d preview :(. Maybe sg govt shd come up with priority for NSmen and family first? Anyway I will still stand up and take d pledge tonite during the parade at home :smile:. Happy Birthday Spore.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

not sure what trouble will he get into. even if PDRM come they also won't do anything. the most ask him to keep the flag only.

Status
Not open for further replies.