• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally...but will this be enough to cool down the HDB subsale market??
Why not just prevent SPR from buying instead, HDB should be ONLY for Singaporean...hmmm....
And will JB gain from this? I would certainly think so.

The link is here... http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/...nauthorised-subletting,-revises-rules-for-PRs

If anything, this is going to drive up the HDB rental prices. This is good for current HDB flat owners who plan to rent out their flats and live in JB.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anything, this is going to drive up the HDB rental prices. This is good for current HDB flat owners who plan to rent out their flats and live in JB.

Actually I am thinking of renting out HDB now , should I wait for a few more months for supply to dry out first ?

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I am thinking of renting out HDB now , should I wait for a few more months for supply to dry out first ?

If I were you I will not wait. You are losing a few months' rent which may not be offset by any potential rent increase.

Last edited:

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were you I will not wait. You are losing a few months' rent which may not be offset by any potential rent increase.

I totally agree with this...unless the wait really justifies the increase ie wait 3months and the rental will be +30%...otherwise, I will most probably take it as it is. You could also choose a shorter tenancy agreement of one year instead of waiting this out. My 3sen worth of thoughts.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
My bad, some how eye-got-stamped. I meant no offense to any race. Was just questioning why the article seemed to only interview one race. Well, my amended question will be, "Why no Chinese interviewed?" :biggrin:

Peace sir, i know 2bfree(or at least i think so).
Likely he just missed it out and just remarked.

Very direct and blunt person but no offence meant i am sure.
One of those rare people who are still honest and direct.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, this is interesting. From one statement, can conclude that I am a troll? Definitely not tall, green or ugly enough to one that I am certain :wink: Don't live under a bridge either. In fact, I am a resident in Bukit Indah.

Tere will always be people whos envious of other race. He should go to Bt Indah. See whos the majority race tere!

We have enough of troll lurking here.:rolleyes:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well, this is interesting. From one statement, can conclude that I am a troll? Definitely not tall, green or ugly enough to one that I am certain :wink: Don't live under a bridge either. In fact, I am a resident in Bukit Indah.

Bros, all harmless remarks. Bro whoami, he is definitely no troll.
Confirm no offence meant as i saw it as an off the cufff remark.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally...but will this be enough to cool down the HDB subsale market??
Why not just prevent SPR from buying instead, HDB should be ONLY for Singaporean...hmmm....

I agree is fair , this new rule restricting subletting of HDB applying to SPRs . HDB is meant for living in, not an investment tool.

Just be careful of the rule governing HDB owners of even foreign private property (like in JB) that apply to everyone in Singapore.

If more foreigners become Singaporeans the problem of high property prices will not be fixed. But it can do for the short term... such cooling measures for sure better than increasing interest rates.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Medini Lifestyle Mall (located beside Legoland), when fully completed, will be more than 11 times the size of the present Johor Premium Outlets.
There will be indoor sky diving and indoor go-kart, indoor ice skating, laser tag, bowling and arcade centre, cinemas etc. :smile:

Coming September 2012, they are opening only 10% of the total area. :(

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
JPO is a disappointment , hopefully this Medini Lifestyle Mall is much better one !
Should have bought a unit at Nusa height .....but now e price a bit ex liao ...

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JPO is a disappointment , hopefully this Medini Lifestyle Mall is much better one !
Should have bought a unit at Nusa height .....but now e price a bit ex liao ...

Wah! Many of you here who used to discuss only about 'Living In Johor' in the past have recently became experts in 'Investing in Johor' :smile: (remember the gardening topic with AP?)

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah! Many of you here who used to discuss only about 'Living In Johor' in the past have recently became experts in 'Investing in Johor' :smile: (remember the gardening topic with AP?)

i haven start the gardening topic with AP and he disappeared liao .. haha ...
this yr he appeared for a while and exchanged pms with me and disappeared again ....
I am not expert yet , good to learn from a few learned friends here like Wuqi etc ...

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Status
Not open for further replies.