• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with that. Toyed with the idea of staying and send one of my 2 kids to school on way to office. But then No. 2 kid still needs to be ferried by my partner and she then has to wait to pick up No. 1 kid and then again for No. 2 kid. This is very tough and if only they do not have extra lessons. If so, the equation is totally out of the window.

The best is to get in after 7pm on a Friday and then out from JB on Monday morning. But that means goodbye to play dates and enrichment classes in SG. :smile:

hmm , if 1 go for morning session , u can send to school then the other one in pm session , yr wife can send and pick morning session back , and after work u can pick the other one back .
workable ?
Its gd if yr partner is independent and street smart when living in JB. She can help you a lot....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This was a case which involved Vignes Mourthy who was hung for drug trafficking charges.

During his appeal which was struck down, lawyer M Ravi who was engaged to represent Mourthi in his appeal against his sentence, asked the then Chief Justice Yong Pung How if the public prosecutor was “still maintaining that an innocent man be hanged because of procedure”, the CJ answered “Yes, the answer is yes” (TodayOnline, archived by Think Centre, 27 Sept 2003).

Frightening isn't it?

Unfortunately, it is too true. That answer still strikes a chill even now. :(

http://rachelzeng.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/can-an-innocent-be-sent-to-the-gallows-in-singapore/

http://www.singaporedemocrat.org/articleravibookreview.html

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm , if 1 go for morning session , u can send to school then the other one in pm session , yr wife can send and pick morning session back , and after work u can pick the other one back .
workable ?
Its gd if yr partner is independent and street smart when living in JB. She can help you a lot....

It may be like this in future and provided I get off work early too.

Presently, my younger one goes to kindergarten which is around 10am and finishes after 3pm. Older one starts from 7.30am and finishes at 1pm. A little worried that my wife may use her free time to go shopping, facial, mani/pedi cure. Quite damaging. :smile: :smile: :smile:

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just returned from JB.

Was sourcing for electronics for our home and we were shopping @ JUSCO.

A panasonic 6.5kg cost RM699, a 42inch lcd tv is around rm1300, standing fan is around rm60plus...

We haven't been to other electronics shop and will do so soon.

We used to have a thinking that JB electronics are more exp than SG. But not that exp la.. maybe exp by an extra $10-$100.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I wish to highlight this point...

Once, before we bought our house in JB, friends and relative was against it.. One of the reasons they claimed was their friend bought a property in my development n after 10 years still have no title deeds. THIS IS NOT TRUE, as I have obtained my title deeds less than a year n my mum is about to get hers soon

Many times, i hear of such scare stories, only to find some truth and many hidden facts they are not sharing to save face. (so that they can complain yet not be embarrassed)

Sharing some of the the most common to the least common.

1. Bought house which is built on non residential property or on agricultural land
2. Bought house which belongs to bumi and not meant for foreign ownership or other gazetted properties
3. Bought and sharing the property with a local under some dodgy scheme
4. Bought house which has title issues or financial claims which has not been resolved
5. Bought house from dodgy developer who cannot get get state consent or delays this.
6. Bought house which has issue on the conversion from master title
7. Bought the house from developer who subsequently closed down due to debt issues.
8. Bought with people who still have uncleared or unsettled issues on previous or current property.
9. Bought house or build it on land which will never get approval or even CFO in the first place.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just returned from JB.

A panasonic 6.5kg cost RM699, a 42inch lcd tv is around rm1300, standing fan is around rm60plus...

We used to have a thinking that JB electronics are more exp than SG. But not that exp la.. maybe exp by an extra $10-$100.

6.5kg seems small , if u have a lot of curtains , u have to do it in a few loads of washing.....
it also depends the brands ,branded ones are usually more expensive in JB....

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just returned from JB.

Totally agree. You need to look no further than a typical aircon unit! RM 700. It means that we could aircondition a 5 room flat for less than S$1K. Where to find?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may be like this in future and provided I get off work early too.

Presently, my younger one goes to kindergarten which is around 10am and finishes after 3pm. Older one starts from 7.30am and finishes at 1pm. A little worried that my wife may use her free time to go shopping, facial, mani/pedi cure. Quite damaging. :smile: :smile: :smile:

oh , u can advise her to go community center to take up zumba ,cooking lessons etc ....
she will be in much better shape !!!

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
6.5kg seems small , if u have a lot of curtains , u have to do it in a few loads of washing.....
it also depends the brands ,branded ones are usually more expensive in JB....
haha... 2 person nia... ok la... more than enuff... If washing machine nt enuff space, I can handwash. wahhahaa....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, I am very new to this forum. Chanced upon this forum while googling on living in jb. I'm a single mother to a coming 3 yr old toddler and I have intentions to move to jb as the living costs there is cheaper. I'm working in Kaki Bukit area and I don't drive. I'd like to rent a place to try it out to see if it will work. Any advice?

hi , welcome to this forum

wow , renting in jb and working in east side not going to be easy and somemore no cars....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? I don't quite study feng shui. I'm more into scientific explanation :p

Bro, a Feng Shui master told me to avoid house with algae.. It could be the bad up keeping or bad paint work, but from Fengshui perspective, it could be due to bad water qi..and insufficient lights.. Sometimes it could be the foundation is not done properly...with too much water qi which is bad for health and other issues... especially if a house is built on swamp but contractor cut corners on necessary piling and fundation work..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, it wld b better if u cld re-edit e text shld u wish to "reply with quote" next time. Esp long text. Try not to repeat e whole text. Save on bandwidth n easier to read.

Juz wmi 2 sens.

My apologies bro :smile:Will remember not to invlude or edit the quoteS

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wa ... That's bro wuqi's forte leh. But if bro wuqi wanna hire me, I don't mind. I can also jump on his car to go to office on official working days hehe

I'm just a loyal apple users happened to know how to clear it on iPad la ...

Hehe you can be a IT consultant.. after I cleared the cache based on the steps you advised, I really can see the tree house pic now! Thanks a lot!

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am new here. Just commited to a cluster semi-d in Nusa Duta. Anyone knows of any contact for private/ school bus service from Nusa Duta to schools located in Jurong?

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
jerrycoaching said:
Just returned from JB.

You will be happy to note that Apple products like iPads and MacBooks are cheaper in JB than SG. Some by up to SGD100.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true if you buy only the product without plans. If one signs up plan + device, it's makes MUCH more sense to buy in SG. Note I didn't use the forbidden word :smile:

And btw, the accessories such as earphones etc in MY stores generally cost more though, sometimes a lot more

You will be happy to note that Apple products like iPads and MacBooks are cheaper in JB than SG. Some by up to SGD100.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Jerry, you are into swimming right? There is a shop at jusco tebrau 3rd floor selling purely arena products. Think the shop is called sun paradise. Then on the second level, there is royal sporting house near the Nike shop. When on sales, can really buy some cheap swimming gears and products in these two shops. But bear in mind that the range of products are not extensive especially if you are looking at professional range.

Having said that, i find that the prices on non-sales period are still quite ok too

Last edited:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Movers n import taxes,

Not sure about using other movers about import taxes, before I use Chl movers, I have enquiries from afew other movers, most of them were either very expensive, sounds calculative, asked for invoices ( even for used items) photocopied of ic, passport etc and told me that if custom were to tax, i neec to pay, some claimed that they would only delivery till your car porch, so it's still better to check,

Yes, mine required photocopied of ic, passport and SPA. As for tax, I was informed that 1 pc of each kind of appliances is tax free. Their workers helped to offload the furniture to wherever I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.