• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sometimes I wonder if your nick shd change from wuqi to wikipedia..

Hi Avalon74, my apologies, i probably should try to quote from other sources as well but most of what i read is in Mandarin and not so easily available online.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Abugumgum

Dun say cheap la , say affordable ...
Ppl always say we sinkie are like birds chripping when in msia coz everythng we say or buy comes with " Cheap Cheap Cheap"

Sis Crystal, sorry my mistake for chirping away :biggrin:

On second look, I was following the points listed above mine. Got carried away ...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for those who've missed out the Legoland annual pass..there's new promotion for daily pass - $40 for adults, $29 for senior citizens/child..

柔佛乐高乐园9月开业 首年料吸引20万新加坡访客

(2012-04-26)

早报导读

马来西亚乐高乐园已完成约75%的工程,下月起将开始安装5000万块乐高积木。(法新社)
简 讯

陈宇昕 报道

[email protected]

柔佛伊斯干达经济特区乐高乐园预计首个营业年可吸引100万名访客,其中15%至20%为新加坡访客。

亚洲首座乐高乐园(Legoland)将于今年9月15日(星期六),正式开张营业。

目前该乐园已完成约75%的工程。乐园分成七个园区,占地76公顷,内设超过40种娱乐设施与景点。

乐高乐园距大士关卡约10分钟车程,距兀兰关卡则约35分钟车程。

乐园总经理博斯特表示,新加坡是乐园的一个重要市场,公司正在与本地交通业者洽商,设定直达乐高乐园的巴士路线,这些客运地点或将落在裕廊东与樟宜机场等交通枢纽。

黄锡銧(60岁,退休)说,只要拥有便利的公共交通安排,他将在非休假日与妻子一同前往,避开人潮。

该乐园已开始发售全年通行证,至今已销售约3万5000张,其中有35%订购者来自新加坡。

受访公众认为,乐高乐园将为新加坡民众提供另一个游乐去处,虽然这或多或少将对本地的主题乐园如环球影城带来竞争,但他们相信这不会影响新加坡的旅游业。

侯文庆(36岁,公务员)说,乐高乐园适合家庭旅游,等他有了孩子,相信会带孩子一起前往。

博斯特则认为,新马将拥有两个不同性质的主题乐园,势必为该区域带来更多旅游商机,但他承认,与新加坡旅游局方面的合作充满挑战。

他希望乐园能吸引到世界各国的游客,他们或许能通过一日游的模式,从新加坡进入新山旅游,再回到新加坡继续行程,达到双赢。

下个月起,公众可以30%的折扣价购买单日券,成人券优惠价每张40元,儿童券每张29元,公众可上网(www.legoland.com.my)查询。[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

另一方面,一座拥有249个家庭套房,超过1000个床位的乐高乐园酒店上月已正式动土,预计2014年上半年投入服务。

博斯特说,他们将在投入运作后进行详细评估,才决定是否上市。

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did u guys notice that more and more bubble tea shop are growing like mushroom in JB? But they ain't selling cheap, some costs even more than sinkie. Many are selling minimum RM4.9 for a normal cup of tea before adding bubbles at extra cost. I think they are a joke! I like bubble tea a lot but sadly, it's not a regular thing I would enjoy buying in JB.

In terms of the chain shops, KFC and pizza hut are still at much better value for me. Agree?

I "keechiu" (raise my hand, as said by Dr JiaJia) on this observation. One has to be looking for value to notice. Not all stuff are "affordable or reasonable" here. :p

silvia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo yo yo!

Heard from my frenz about this site and i'm glad to able to join you guys for our 2nd life in JB :smile:
Much to learn from you guys seniors :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No plan to control property prices in Malaysia: Government
Get Daily Property News in Malaysia, News Powered by HomeGuru Malaysia

Apr 27, 2012 - HomeGuru.com.my
Share | | Comment | E-mail to friend | Bookmark & Share
The Malaysian government revealed that it has no plan to implement specific laws that will control residential and property prices in the country, according to a report by Bernama.

Datuk Seri Lajim Ukin, Deputy Minister of the Housing and Local Government, noted that home prices were determined by market forces.

"Although there is no specific act to control the rise in house prices, the government can still implement various control mechanisms to ensure that the increase is reasonable and will not affect the people as a whole," the minister stated.

Meanwhile, the government would continue monitoring the condition and, if necessary, implement further fiscal measures to ensure that the people were not burdened by the increase of home prices.

Among the mechanisms imposed to control property prices include raising real property gains tax from five percent to 10 percent for properties disposed of in less than two years and keeping a five percent rate for properties disposed of within a period of between three and five years.

"This tax increase is a move by the government to control the rise in house prices through pressure from speculation," he said.

For the latest property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our Property News section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for Malaysian Properties, may like to visit http://www.homeguru.com.my today.

silvia

Alfrescian
Loyal
welcome !!! which development have u bought ?
Wife is JB-lian, she have 2 properties (Both in kota tinggi) while i have brought 3 properties (2 units at KSL and 1 unit at precinct of Jaya Putra Perdana Housing Development, called Cube166)there since 2010.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
No plan to control property prices in Malaysia: Government
Get Daily Property News in Malaysia, News Powered by HomeGuru Malaysia

Apr 27, 2012 - HomeGuru.com.my
Share | | Comment | E-mail to friend | Bookmark & Share
The Malaysian government revealed that it has no plan to implement specific laws that will control residential and property prices in the country, according to a report by Bernama.

Datuk Seri Lajim Ukin, Deputy Minister of the Housing and Local Government, noted that home prices were determined by market forces.

"Although there is no specific act to control the rise in house prices, the government can still implement various control mechanisms to ensure that the increase is reasonable and will not affect the people as a whole," the minister stated.

Meanwhile, the government would continue monitoring the condition and, if necessary, implement further fiscal measures to ensure that the people were not burdened by the increase of home prices.

Among the mechanisms imposed to control property prices include raising real property gains tax from five percent to 10 percent for properties disposed of in less than two years and keeping a five percent rate for properties disposed of within a period of between three and five years.

"This tax increase is a move by the government to control the rise in house prices through pressure from speculation," he said.

For the latest property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our Property News section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for Malaysian Properties, may like to visit http://www.homeguru.com.my today.

What do you think?

Good news or bad news?

In a way, investors would find the taxation related to Malaysia to be less similar to Singapore's ABSD now.

But I still like Malaysia's way of treating its citizens fairer by demarcating an area (RM 500,000 or less) for them so that the properties are not largely affected by inflationary pressures resulting from foreigners' purchases. That said, I think some critics would say that it is inevitable and prices will rise for them too.

The inflation monster is here? Just buy any asset!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo yo yo .... Yeah yeah yeah ... Hey hey hey! Whats up man!

Jolly guy aren't u? :smile:

Another young chap joining us. He is even younger than me ... welcome :wink:

Who are your friends here, btw?

Yo yo yo!

Heard from my frenz about this site and i'm glad to able to join you guys for our 2nd life in JB :smile:
Much to learn from you guys seniors :biggrin:

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you think?

Good news or bad news?

In a way, investors would find the taxation related to Malaysia to be less similar to Singapore's ABSD now.

But I still like Malaysia's way of treating its citizens fairer by demarcating an area (RM 500,000 or less) for them so that the properties are not largely affected by inflationary pressures resulting from foreigners' purchases. That said, I think some critics would say that it is inevitable and prices will rise for them too.

The inflation monster is here? Just buy any asset!

I think for me it's gd news , I hope my friends and familiy can join me to own a retirement house in jb.

Status
Not open for further replies.