• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. ya.. its 0.15%.. a huge gap lah

Cause for every RM100 000 borrowed, annual interest is add RM1500
So assuming 80% loan for 600k house= RM 480 000 x 0.015= RM7200 for add interest per year.

480,000 x 0.0015 = 720.00

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

My bike was stolen last week at the Sri Tebrau hawker centre. Parked there for 2 hrs for haircut n dinner n the bike gone with the wind. No eyewitness, nothing. Be careful when parking there.

Wha! Sian liao. :(
Not sure if the wheel lock will be of any help in deterrence?
What model?
Cars have a list of top stolen models, maybe can avoid those, if it can be helped.
Before I come over to stay, I thought Proton cars will not attract car thieves, I am so wrong!!!
Not sure if it is true, it is said they are stolen for their parts, unlike the luxury models that are being exported in whole.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What model?
Cars have a list of top stolen models, maybe can avoid those, if it can be helped.
Before I come over to stay, I thought Proton cars will not attract car thieves, I am so wrong!!!
Not sure if it is true, it is said they are stolen for their parts, unlike the luxury models that are being exported in whole.

Yes Proton cars are in demand at times too, it depends on the season and the market for such parts.
Best is to use those locks (model dependant) which you need to pull up in order to lock and its attached to your brake or clutch.
Without the additional key, your car cannot be started.

All my cars have the following as a standard feature:

1. Long baseball bat type of steering lock, for emergencies
2. Brake based lock - Locktech
3. Reverse camera, reverse sensors, back reverse mirror, side reverse mirror
4. 12v Air pump, tyre repair kit
5. Spare fuses
6. Battery Jump cables

1. Tow ropes in 2 cars
2. Large emergency battery starter in 1 car
3. Back up battery starter in another car

Accessories wise, I also have K&N air filters(buy from Amazon), Powercharger/Pivot Mega Raisin/Grounding/Shortening of trottle cables done
I also use better plug cables, spark plugs and i buy my own Gates timing belts (100k km) from US. The water pump, bearings etc
i buy locally. I also use the HKS turbo timer on 2 cars, got them at 200 RM each.

I also do regular trottle cleaning at regular intervals, really recommend to always check the spark plugs.

One time when i first came out to Johore, my power steering pump went dead, had to use my arms to really control and made it safely to a workshop. Price was really expensive for Korean parts in MY, so what i did was to use my other car to go into Singapore, buy the part (cheaply) and go back to Johore to fix it (cheaply) In the end, saved at least 60% of the cost if i were to do it in SG or to buy part in Johore.

I didn't check my spark plugs and car kept having sluggish performance, in the end checked with Ah Meng's workshop for the first time, found out of 4 spark plugs, 1 was submerged in oil but firing occasionally, 2 was dead, only 1 was still firing. From then on, very religious towards car, the paintwork could look like crap but the internals would be sparkling.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What model?

hmm , buy kimchi car ba ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. ya.. its 0.15%.. a huge gap lah

Cause for every RM100 000 borrowed, annual interest is add RM1500
So assuming 80% loan for 600k house= RM 480 000 x 0.015= RM7200 for add interest per year.

when i saw yr calculations , i thought my maths were that bad ....
And no wonder DOA bo chup me when i mentioned lugi a bit and faster secure the unit ...
Ends up its the man who miscalculate

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , i didnt know have side reverse camera , thought back only....
Oh ya , I do throttle cleaning every 10K mileage at other workshop coz mechanic will keep asking but meng didnt ask me to do when i did 50K servicing with him leh ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Was referring to side reverse mirror (looks like taxi type) You can mount one there too actually but its still rarely done.
Nowadays accessories really scary for cars, thinking of buying in bulk from Shen Zhen, for recording as soon as engine gets started.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays accessories really scary for cars, thinking of buying in bulk from Shen Zhen, for recording as soon as engine gets started.

oh ya , please include me ....
I hate to source for this type of accessories , am just not so into cars .....
No choice have to start install liao ,
Just received my insurance renewal , 50% NCD for 2 yrs liao , premium still more expensive than last yr and I never claim lor ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wow , i didnt know have side reverse camera , thought back only....
Oh ya , I do throttle cleaning every 10K mileage at other workshop coz mechanic will keep asking but meng didnt ask me to do when i did 50K servicing with him leh ...

Good call to do throttle cleaning, maybe Meng was busy then or he thought it would be ok. He didn't ask my sister too, guess few people asks for this. After cleaning, i will see a lot of black smoke for the first few presses of the throttle before it becomes almost clear. Car really does feel smoother after that.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do I need to bring photo or no need already?

Thanks for your concern.. Yup same place... The PHD fellow has run road already... New neighbour maybe coming soon dunno when. Will someone be kind enough to give me 3 points so I can post?? Sometimes need faster reply... I got zapped by someone for talking about some political issue... Thats why I can't post instantly anymore.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry , missed this msg ....
No need photo if u renew at mobile station , not sure abt immigration ....
Ok , i try n see can give u pts or not coz i not into this ...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya sorry. My mistake. I got it totally all wrong. I didn't boh chip u la ... Just too much going on and under extreme stress now, by a lot of things ... Thx for your advices

when i saw yr calculations , i thought my maths were that bad ....
And no wonder DOA bo chup me when i mentioned lugi a bit and faster secure the unit ...
Ends up its the man who miscalculate

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Saw three puppies today on my way in, 2 Golden retrievers for RM 2k together. 1 Husky for RM 1.8k.
The 2 goldies are siblings so the shop owner reminded us not to breed them. I was very keen to buy
and neuter them but wife said no so in the end didn't buy

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ya sorry. My mistake. I got it totally all wrong. I didn't boh chip u la ... Just too much going on and under extreme stress now, by a lot of things ... Thx for your advices

Is everything ok? Need any assistance let me know. Not that i can help much but at least i will try.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry , missed this msg ....
No need photo if u renew at mobile station , not sure abt immigration ....
Ok , i try n see can give u pts or not coz i not into this ...

Yes, no need. If at immigration or Danga, for new/old ones you will need photos.
Let me up him as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Petrolnas is good.. The oil is of better grade than shell or esso... More lasting and efficient.. Try it..

Actually i use mainly BHP, only Petronas when i am in a rush for time or when i am tired as BHP is quite far from where i live. One new BHP station is opening soon, opposite side of the road of Perling Mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.