• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Having a pretty back week, from trying to rescue neighbours fishes in a false alarm scenario to more tasks at work with lesser resources (less is more anyone?)
For bros who have PMed me, my apologies, already worked 2 days without sleep this week so really tired. Just finished work actually now.

Please bear with me while i share my account of being in a traffic accident and the steps i took. Good for reference in case (touch wood) which is why i am putting this into the main page.

Got into an accident earlier today(well, yesterday now). I just went into HH, changed cars and went to my wifes place.

I was waiting in the middle lane behind other cars for the lights to turn in my favour, suddenly a blue container truck sped past on the left to filter left and part of his container/trailer hit the side mirror of my vehicle. My pregnant wife was sitting right where it roared past. I was so shocked and thankfully she was fine but shaken. I decided to chase the guy as he just drove on without even stopping. My wife told me he was trying to avoid potholes on the left of the road which was why he swerved and his trailer hit me.

When we chased and got to the industrial area, he was so yaya after i managed to find him and shouted at me not to take pictures. Asked me not to come down and some people were gathering. I said i just wanted to do a report and he kept shouting at me. Saying i swerved left but my car was stationary all the time as i was stuck in traffic. Refused to share particulars and just kept raving on and on.

I just ignored him, took some pictures and left. At first thought luckily damage minor, just fix though a bit heartpain as car only got in Jan so still new. Most importantly wife and kid ok. Then went to the dealership workshop and asked for cost, turns out to be 400 plus. So in the end, the dealership guy who kept telling me not to make report told me i should call the guys company and asked for settlement. I asked my staff to call as their company only speaks Malay but their guys told us to go ahead and lodge the report.

So we went to a policestation nearby to make report. Took another 2 hours before report was made. Then the gent dropped the bombshell, that i will need to still go to the Traffic Police near first link. Heart sinking, thought it would be next week before we could close this off. Then the good news, seems the TP is open 24 hours a day. Very kindly provided us drinks though the system did hang and he had to redo the report from all over.

The investigating sergeant at the TP was a bit sceptical at first but i drew out the map, etc of what happened and where my car was positioned. Luckily this gent understands English and with the help of my staff helping as well, we managed to start their investigation.

Lessons learnt and things observed:

Certain people drive like madmen, young men/women with the probation "P" on their windscreens. Even though most of them with this P sign are supposed to keep left on the highways, most still won't.

Quite a few lorry drivers are madmen, no offence to those good ones. According to the people at the station, none were surprised. I am not going to mention race. (Sidetrack - Even with business, we make it a point to hire all races, even when some senior people objected because of prejudices, we always gave other groups a chance. Even though quite a few of them disappear or interview and don't show up, we still continue to believe in the goodness of people.)

One thing we learnt, when you get hit or hit a motorcycle, you will very likely be summoned even if they are in the wrong. We should still
help but do park your car a distance away when trying to help any downed motorcyclists.

My blessed dad once stopped to help out a motorcyclist in Singapore who was hit by a taxi(which ran off) After a year, his kindness
was rewarded by a letter from the motorcyclist company. In it, he was claiming my dads insurance and claimed my dads vehicle
was the one which hit him and caused the accident.

When in doubt, just go and make a report direct at the TP instead of police station as you will save more time that way. In my case,
i don't care who gets summoned, its no longer about the money now.

The TP first floor is to start the reporting process, once done, you will go up to the 2nd floor (not mezzanine floor) where the in charge
will ask you questions, get camera guy to take pictures etc.

Useful tip - Sign up at myeg.com.my and do a search for your car license plate or passport to check if you get any summons.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Copy that :smile:

Another hilarious thing. Asking for letter of employment, and yet need to make a phone call to my human resource to confirm my employment. What?! Hello?! So many double efforts. Of course they can call all they want la. Just saying :smile:

Very easy, my bros will ask them to call me and i just say, yeah i am the director/HR, so and so. Yes i manage him lah, yeah he many years here already. Good reliable worker blah blah. For mine, i really did give them all the big shot numbers but i informed them ahead for permission first.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros who are so inclined, a very learned bro of mine was inviting me to join in exploring to look into setting up a platform for investment to start based in Singapore. He has very good contacts and this sounds interesting. Bros keen on joining, not necessarily to invest but to have some kind of common interest groups will be great.

I looked at those early guys from Sri Lanka who came, saw and bought houses here with admiration. Really smart and brave in the beginning when they came out here and snapped out so many houses with the companies that they have set up. From what i heard, at one time 100 plus houses.

Probably not too many to join for this and again, this is not something to get anyone to fork out money nor some kind of get rich quick scheme.
If we really go into this though, may i humbly suggest that we do not ask who is using what nick? Just keep everyones identity a secret. I respect my own privacy and certainly that of others too.

We will start with inviting the old timers first regardless of place/race, language or religion. Please PM me if keen but again will start with people who we are more familiar please.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Funny story to share (free free to skip as it may get long):

A neighbour in HH went overseas and as he keeps lots of fishes, he asked a 35 year old neighbour to help look after in case power trips.
Of course he then forgot to pass the gate keys, flew and left his gate keys/auto gate control with another neighbour instead who waters the plants for him regularly.

One night, this 35 old neighbour just happens to finish his first half of work early (11.20pm). Feeling peckish and thinking of buying food, etc
he drove out, only to see that the light in his neigbours house was gone. This only means one thing, a power trip as it was pitch black.

As he was driving, he was struggling between helping to save the fishes and his own growling tummy. Driving almost to the guardhouse, he decided the fishes won (pictures of dead floating fishes aren't so appetizing) so he did a fast u turn and headed back.

He first stopped at the other neighbours place (who has the keys), as the neighbour was likely asleep by then, he decided to go back to see if he still have keys of the fish rearing neighbour. He woke up his wife, checked all the drawers, no joy. Sigh. Only found the main door key, not the gate.

He went back to the other neighbours place again, no luck again. He tried calling, no luck (as usual). Then he decided to practise SOC on the gate of his neighbour, given that he will only be back next week. He tried to open the gates manually but gave up on that too.

He then climbed onto the gate, 2 guards drove right by and immediately stopped and wanted to grab him. He slipped but managed to identify himself and thankfully the guards knew him and know that the neighbours are close(both have each others keys). In the end, the guards stood by while the silly neighbour went in to see if the fuses has indeed tripped.

The first thing that greeted him was......... lots of happy and frolicking fishes and not the floating dead bodies in his mind. Turns out that the other neighbour, while gardening, had turned off the light (kind man, just trying to help save electricity) that was the signal to note for power trip.

Silly neighbour then tested the porch lights, turned them back on, climbed.............and twisted his right foot as another guard motorcycle suddenly arrived.(Thanks for the flashlight in the face)

Mission accomplished(or unaccomplished), he decided to satisfy his hunger, went to Habib to grab his favourite food and then went for a quick massage on his ankle and back.

He drove happily back home thereafter. While reversing, his wife appeared at the door. He had forgotten about her as he had woken her up earlier to search for keys and had not bought back any food for her. Of course, its too late to buy her food now after he has came back. Her grumblings would accompany him for the rest of the night while he had to continue working.

The interesting thing was, the lights went out again tonight again. This time the 35 year old man was smarter this time, leaned over the gate and heard the soft whispers of the air pump. They were all saying "Dumb Neighbour......Dumb neighbour........No SOC tonight". :smile:

Moral of the story - Listen first before you climb and if you woke your wife up, be damn sure to buy something good for her at the end of the day/night.

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi, glad to hear wifey is ok.. safety first
was involved in accident few months back in junction box. if both myself & lorry driving faster, my family would be claiming insurrance on my behalf..

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to hear about bro wuqi's accident. Glad that both he and his wife escaped without harm.

Now , a good news to cheer everyone.

From yesterday's Lian He Zhao Bao, it seems that EDL is free to use. Great news for all!

On the other hand, I am a bit sceptical. It is in the contract that the builder can collect toll. Now that they can't, they may resort to legal mean to over turn that. Of course, this may not happen if Malaysian government is footing the bill.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi, sorry to hear all these bad incidents. Thanks for raising awareness.

Im curious to know, if I had not bothered to chase the lorry but I managed to joy down the plate number of the lorry, will TP in JB entertain me at all if I lodge a report merely based on plate number? What are the minimum evidences to produce for the TP to file a report? I always have a feeling that it might be a trap for someone to hit and run, and if I chase after the culprit, it might get myself into a greater danger zone

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is that first disbursement can only commence after securing state consent. Since you just got yours, I suspect that you have to pay penalty for the progressive claims due yesterday. Better check with UEM and UOB.

I am still waiting for the state consent which I do not know when it will happen. Hope don't have to pay RM30K levy.

Looking thru e invoice, they put 2 payments together which due on 23 feb. 10% and 15%. I won't know they disburse to developer or not.
Ytd received is another 10% due in mar.
Until now never receive invoice fr Uob. Wat abt u?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi

Sorry to hear that. Heng, yr wife n kod are ok .Whenever I drive in jb, I always hope they dont knock me. I try to Siam them but they tailgate so near even though it's jam.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha. That's a good method. They are lucky to have u going all out to help them :smile: i think they have gotten smarter. They didn't ask for my big shot number. They said they will call to my company's general line to get redirected to HR. I tried to give them the DID but they wouldn't want it...

Very easy, my bros will ask them to call me and i just say, yeah i am the director/HR, so and so. Yes i manage him lah, yeah he many years here already. Good reliable worker blah blah. For mine, i really did give them all the big shot numbers but i informed them ahead for permission first.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is that first disbursement can only commence after securing state consent. Since you just got yours, I suspect that you have to pay penalty for the progressive claims due yesterday. Better check with UEM and UOB.

I am still waiting for the state consent which I do not know when it will happen. Hope don't have to pay RM30K levy.
Omg!!!! Next week I m sending cheque for state levy Liao. Hope they dont charge stupid interest on me. Dun know how they work in this way lor.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, thank goodness it is minor damage and most importantly no injuries.
Agree on the usual mad men and women drivers. They are out there on the roads and I always keep myself away. In this case, you had no chance to distance.

We were once almost rear ended by a Military Truck at a red light. Lucky for us there are 2 lanes and the Military Truck Driver realised we stopped at the red light, he swerved to the right lane and missed hitting us. Me and Mrs were frightened from this, thinking that's it for us, considering the force and toughness of the Truck.

Stay blessed :o

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha. That's a good method. They are lucky to have u going all out to help them :smile: i think they have gotten smarter. They didn't ask for my big shot number. They said they will call to my company's general line to get redirected to HR. I tried to give them the DID but they wouldn't want it...

Huh, they never call my office leh.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi

Sorry to hear that. Heng, yr wife n kod are ok .Whenever I drive in jb, I always hope they dont knock me. I try to Siam them but they tailgate so near even though it's jam.

Yes, tailgating, and trying to sneak on your left or right if there is enough space to drive, when they think you are slower than them (although you are just driving with the flow of traffic in front of you). As far as possible, I will give way to these impatient speed demons (although I drive fast enough on average) :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro wuqi, glad to hear wifey is ok.. safety first
was involved in accident few months back in junction box. if both myself & lorry driving faster, my family would be claiming insurrance on my behalf..

Thanks for the well wishes. So sorry to hear. Glad you are alright. One time i was in Choa Chu Kang, in very very heavy rain. I had just passed the junction and just crossing the bridge when a very very fast car went up the bridge and then down again to join the highway below

It happened in a split second and even half second later, sure got into accident? Why we knew? Vibrations were felt as he was very close. He went by so fast that no one in the car, relatives and wife saw anything. The speed he was travelling would meant certain doom if he had ploughed into us.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One thing i seriously agree with the malaysians who posted this.

Malaysian chinese did not get all the benefits in their motherland. When they go to singapore, they aslso did not get all the benefits of the spore citizenship.

Sporeans buy hdb flats with heavy cpf grant and after 20 year and sell for rm 1 million to retire in malaysia. During the 20 years singaporeans work like dogs but after 20 years they retire like kings in malaysia and elsewhere. After 20 years of slogging in malaysia, the malaysian chinese find that their race are becoming endangered, kids with straight As cannot enter local universities and the lucky ones get to study in spore or aust universities and cant even return to work in malaysia.

=cathylmg;972046]This is an anti-singaporean cum Singaporean bashing forum. Most if not all of its post are contributed by Malaysian working or used to be in Singapore but secretly letting off their steam on grudges of their Singaporeans counter parts. Sort of like biting the hand that feeds them.

They would not give a damn if you contribute positive things about Singapore in this forum.
[/QUOTE]

Kids in Singapore also have a hard time entering local universities where they are deemed not good enough while we have free food, education and lodging for foreigners who do not need to sink roots here to be entitled to all the freebies. Not everyone in Singapore is benefitting from all the policies and there are lots of people who live from hand to mouth. These are not complainers, no no, they even refuse help from passersby, they would prefer to continue collecting cans and odds and ends and sell.

The government thinks too little of its own people sometimes. Now, with the burgeoning of private and accredited universities in both Singapore and Malaysia, it has improved education opportunities for both. I have quite a few Malaysian friends who did become citizens, some were PRs and were able to buy HDB flats, yes they did not get the subsidized prices as they had to buy resale and could not get HDB loans but they are free to convert to citizens and get all the benefits without needing to go through NS, having their CPF money stuck there, etc. Not every Singaporean is eligible for HDB loan or help as well. Thats why they are revisiting means testing etc. At least as PRs, they can withdraw full sum at 55.

Even recently, i have some friends who have invested here and wanted to use their CPF to invest in HDB flats since their CPF is sitting there, in their own words "might as well do something about it." Raising the prices of flats first and then giving grants is one thing but its not massive a massive one. Malaysians also get to buy their houses now with 10% off. They also have way more housing options than any of us unless we come out here.

I know of some who converted, the son did NS and later became my officer who i really respected. He was also placed in a sensitive unit. Back then, the education differences between getting a PR and citizenship was really neglible. Till today, some of us still have old injuries from the service to the nation and some of my friends, at 39, still thinks that he cannot leave the country without a exit permit.

Someone shared with me "Its only lately that people realised that they should serve the customers already inside and waiting in the restaurant then always serving those outside who may not be paying the bills when the check comes."

I would beg to differ with the 20 years statement, how many Singaporeans can afford to only work 20 years and retire? Who takes care of their needs when the time comes? Themselves and their family, thats it. No one is saying a welfare state will be better but thats the way it is. I do have young Malaysians in their late 30s who work in Singapore and are talking about early retirement to me. People are still thinking of working until 65 and way past that in Singapore as they have to. It is their right (and plight) to slog until the day they die.

Malaysians can at the very least retire comfortably in Malaysia with key necessities like utilities, medical and many more still being more affordable. There are so many states for them other than Johore as their country is vast as compared to Singapore. Their country, for all its faults, has so many layers of protection for their own people that many locals are unaware. Even a learned Malaysian neighbour still did not know that foreigners can only buy 3 storey shops here and houses above a certain limit until recently. They can also work in Singapore and get the same benefits we do, i have quite a few in my company, none of them are drawing any less than me. Except probably those in menial or manufacturing line where they may face some discrimination, i see very little discrimination in corporate life where some are in high positions due to their own abilities.

Unless things have changed, quite a few of those Cisco and the auxillary police who helps to ensure security and carries guns in Singapore are from Malaysia. We trust them to carry guns in our own country and these are not for special purposes like gurkhas, etc. They are able to do almost everything that Singaporeans do.
When Singaporeans goes to Malaysia, there are way more restrictions which protects the interests of locals(as it should be).

My firm here employs 100% Malaysians and i am already employing 8 local staff. One of the staff was working in Singapore and felt very stressed out though she had a flat in Singapore that she bought rather cheaply in the early years. She can now afford not to work anytime and recently asked to become a part timer even though we offered her more money. The lowest paid staff drives a car and lives in a single story terrace house. How many Singaporeans can do that in their own country?

One time, an employee was saying how bad Malaysia was as he was searched by Singapore customs guys who he claimed was searching him when he was entering Singapore because of his language(heavy smoker by the way).

Both myself and my dad speaks English yet we were checked multiple times and my dad even had all the car seats searched as well. I even had a yaya guy asking me, Why are you going in Singapore, why are you working in Singapore? Which part of Singapore? Why that part of Singapore. This is after showing him my passport and i was dressed ok as i was meeting a cli. Its all about luck sometimes and whether they are free or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.