• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living hand to mouth situation

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just met up with a old classmate and says he want to borrow 5k. Asked him what happened and was told he had an unexpected situation to pay off medical bills for his mom.

I know for a fact that he is not doing very well financially, however, either am I. Told him could take out 3k instead of 5k.

This is the first time after so many years that we have known one another that he has asked for a loan. Told me he is living hand to mouth, no savings as monthly paycheck just enough for his family. Good thing is his 4 room flat is already paid off. So no more loan, car, going to be scrapped next June 2015. Most likely will not be buying a car soon.

Anyway, hope don't kena jobless in the next 12 months.
After passing him the money, come to think of it, I should have told him, me too also living paycheck to paycheck, though not as jialat as him.

if really very good friend, i will lend him the money, as this is for his mum medical fee.
just take this money as a kind of donation or charity act.

then do not expect him to return.

my maximum for friend....probably 10k.but only for my good friend/best friend...
if i have more money, i do not mind to lend more.

well, 生不带来,死不带去。

if money can save a life, why not lend your friend??

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just met up with a old classmate and says he want to borrow 5k. Asked him what happened and was told he had an unexpected situation to pay off medical bills for his mom.

I know for a fact that he is not doing very well financially, however, either am I. Told him could take out 3k instead of 5k.

This is the first time after so many years that we have known one another that he has asked for a loan. Told me he is living hand to mouth, no savings as monthly paycheck just enough for his family. Good thing is his 4 room flat is already paid off. So no more loan, car, going to be scrapped next June 2015. Most likely will not be buying a car soon.

After passing him the money, come to think of it, I should have told him, me too also living paycheck to paycheck, though not as jialat as him.

see.... losers and losers are always together..

birds of the loser feathers flock together.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people have this experience. Big amount or medium amount.
But I also suspect most experience it one time only.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if really very good friend, i will lend him the money, as this is for his mum medical fee.
just take this money as a kind of donation or charity act.

then do not expect him to return.

my maximum for friend....probably 10k.but only for my good friend/best friend...
if i have more money, i do not mind to lend more.

well, 生不带来,死不带去。

if money can save a life, why not lend your friend??

I look at it this way, lend what you can afford.
Even if don't have or cannot afford or don't want to, just tell them.

If the friend chose to think otherwise, you can't change their mindset.
If the friend chose to kpkb, without even understanding your situation, then its better to have one friend less, of this type.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
remind me of a "friend" too....lend him 1k ..until now..no sight n sound of that friend..dead i guess

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is gracious of you to help out another Singaporeans in need. However, you must remind him that the lending of money has to be conditional and that is - DO NOT VOTE FOR PAP in the next GE, otherwise he will never get out of his situation. I am certain, the govt will up GST rate double if they govt again.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is gracious of you to help out another Singaporeans in need. However, you must remind him that the lending of money has to be conditional and that is - DO NOT VOTE FOR PAP in the next GE, otherwise he will never get out of his situation. I am certain, the govt will up GST rate double if they govt again.

bro, you even more steady...i neber thought of that before...from now on, will follow your wisdom..:biggrin: