• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rafa Dig At Crock Aquilani 'N Riera
By PHIL THOMAS
Published: Today

RAFA BENITEZ has taken a thinly-veiled potshot at Alberto Aquilani - and an extremely public one at Anfield misfit Albert Riera.
Riera's fate is already sealed after he branded Liverpool a sinking ship and questioned the manager's methods.

But Benitez's dig at £20million Aquilani hints all is not well with the man asked - and so far failing - to fill Xabi Alonso's boots.

The Italy international is adamant he has injured the same right ankle which kept him out for the first few months of his Anfield career, as he recovered from surgery at Roma.

But Benitez implied much of the problem could be psychological.

The Reds chief said: "He was complaining of pain in his ankle and said he couldn't train.

"We'll have to talk with the doctors to see what's going on because at the moment we don't know.

"He has some pain and we will just analyse that with the doctor. It's the same ankle he did before.

"Some players maybe can manage with the pain, but some - when they have pain - cannot.

"When you talk of pain you never know, it depends on each individual and that makes it really difficult."

Aquilani, 25, has made only eight starts and missed the Europa League trip to Benfica because of his ankle.

There are even fears he may sit out the rest of the season.

He has already had to deny tales he could leave for Juventus, although the inference from Benitez was clearly one of suspicion over the severity of his latest problem.

Yet there could be no hiding Rafa's feelings on Riera.

The Spanish winger, 27, had become such a disruptive influence that Benitez had to send him away from training three times even BEFORE his radio outburst ahead of the recent Euro clash with Lille.

Benitez insists he gave at least four reasons to Riera why he was not in the side.

Riera tried to broker a fragile - and transparent - peace on Thursday, insisting he wanted to stay.

Yet that only came after Spartak Moscow, who were set to sign him on loan, refused to meet his demands for double his current wages.

Benitez, whose side visit Birmingham tomorrow, revealed: "We still have some time until the end of the Russian transfer window so we'll see what happens.

"I didn't see his latest comments but for me, on the day before a massive game when he was talking this way it was disappointing.

"It was especially so when he was saying things that weren't true.

"He also said he wants to play, that's why he had to go, but our fans are not stupid and they will know what's going on."

[email protected]

Here we go again....

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's what happens when you buy sick chicken ... when you brought him home, he oredy sick chicken ... you patiently wait for him to recover ....
but sadly, some sick chicken is like this - whether fate or psychology - once a sick chick, always a sick chick ....

Moral of the story :
no money also dun buy sick chicken,
poor buy less-than-tip-top but still lively chicken

Buy sick chicken, while recovering from sickness, haven't play 1 sec oredy start collecting $ for fuck....

As for Reira, last season score some match-winning goals ... thought he is a good buy & will show more this season .... as usual Rafa in his baffling ways never explain why he won't field someone he bought (like he did to Crouch, to Robbie Keane, to Ryan Babel...), some more same same spanish .... end up a gd player showed attitude problem (how many like Dick Kyut & Lucas - blue-eyed boys), OUT he goes .... sigh ... another good player who can't get his best extracted by the coach who bought him ...

Rafa, Rafa ...

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rafa, Rafa ...

Liverpool (UK) A seven-year old boy was at the center of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to Rafa Benitez and Liverpool FC, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well, wayne piew, knnbccb, but gotta say, yr post quite witty in the end, so credit to you .... i owe you one for Man U when the right article comes :p !

jw5

Loyal
People who say that Man Utd and Arsenal have problems, are probably right.
But the match against Birmingham which just finished 1-1, proves that Liverpool have the most problems.
In the 65th minute, with the score at 1-1, Benitez replaces Torres with N'Gog. Torres looks surprised, he was about to go and join a Liverpool attack when he was replaced. He looked almost reluctant to leave when he left the pitch, to the chorus of boos for the replacement by the Liverpool away fans.
Steven Gerrard was caught by the cameras looking bemused, to the extent that he literally scratched his head.
Even if Torres had a slight injury, it didn't seem from his reaction that he had asked or wanted to come off.
I'm not trying to be sarcastic with Pool fans, but something is really wrong here.
Not one for conspiracy theories, but it looks as if Benitez could be looking to be sacked (and paid off) or he has already something sewn up with another club and is looking to resign. If either case is true, this guy is a real xxxxxx. For the sake of football, the BPL and the fantastic Liverpool fans and players, I hope it's not.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
we can forget about 4th place and start to prepare ourselves for a season without CL.
unless Man City,Spurs and Villa start dropping points.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's it ! This is the end for Liverpool's quest for Fourth.

No doubt Birmingham did not go unbeaten by any of the Top 6 at home this season for no reason.

Having said that, Liverpool had chances to win - & even Torres replacement David Ngog could have scored one or two.

Alas, another draw - 2 points lost - curtains for Fourth Fantasy.
I was still entertaining thoughts of being 1 pt behind Spurs for most of Sunday..... sigh ...

jw5 speculated that Rafa may be looking to get sacked - I offer you another theory:
disregarding the relative importance of finishing 4th or preserving Torres for Europa League return leg, another reason is Rafa being Spaniard, is simply looking out for Spain's World Cup interest - seeing how Wayne Rooney almost endangered England's prospect with a serious injury so close to June.

Possible :biggrin: ?

Anyway, if 4th is gone, then maybe do the downright despicable then :-
- contrive to lose to Chelsea to spite Man U & stop them from overtaking the joint 18 titles challenge
- also wishing that after mid-week, Man U also out of Champs League.. hee hee

Sad to get by on the miseries of others .....:mad:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rafa is going to leave and he wants to leave with a trophy. That means the Europa League cup. Rafa does not care about Pool anymore, number four means nothing to him. I feel sorry for Pool fans with such an uncaring manager who still talk cock about "winning all the remaining matches." There is a match with Chelsea coming up hor.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the 65th minute, with the score at 1-1, Benitez replaces Torres with N'Gog. Torres looks surprised, he was about to go and join a Liverpool attack when he was replaced. He looked almost reluctant to leave when he left the pitch, to the chorus of boos for the replacement by the Liverpool away fans.
Steven Gerrard was caught by the cameras looking bemused, to the extent that he literally scratched his head......

The Ranieri contagion has spread to Merseyside?Hey, that's what Ranieri would do. He would replace well performing on field players with duds. To be fair to Rafa, had Ngog scored from a wonderful thru' pass from Gerard, I think the pool fans will hail him a genius. Looking at how Birmingham equalized, they should take it out on the Pool player who was supposed to mark Ridgewell.
I think that player could be Torres.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just read these fateful words from Rafa in soccernet.com:-

" I have taken Liverpool as far as I can with the current financial situation ....."

Basically, it is NO MONEY NO HONEY for next season ....

NO MONEY be prepared for MASS EXODUS ....

YOU NEVER WALK.... wait for me .... OOUI ! :eek:

ehhhh..... can i go juventus now, pleazzzzz , cut losses no need compensate me also can ....

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My latest wish list for 09/10 season:-

BPL Champion: Arsenal
FA Cup : Chelsea
League Cup : MU (fact)
Champions League : Barca
Europa League : Fulham

BPL 4th : Liverpool

La Liga : Barca
SPL : Glasgow Rangers
Serie A : Roma

:cool:

jw5

Loyal
Liverpool is still in Europa League.
To a real Liverpool fan, getting into next season's champions league is more important than winning this season's europa cup.
Not to do so would be sacrificing the long term future of the club and collectively for the staff, players and fans, for the present and individual glory.
Wenger and Fergie may have made mistakes and errors in judgement this season, but at least we can see that they have great attachments to their clubs and have always and will always continue to do what they really believe is best for their respective clubs.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool 4 Benfica 1(Agg. 5-3)
Wolfsburg 0 Fulham 1(1-3)
Atletico 0 Valencia 0(2-2)
Standard Liege 1 Hamburg SV 3(2-5)

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pleasantly surprised that Liverpool beat Benfica 4-1 - Torres scored braces for the 4th consecutive match at Anfield.

Good. Portugese sides like Sporting Lisbon & Benfica had obstructed Liverpool's European campaigns in the past so it is always good to get one over them.

But I don't know whether to trade this result for the Birmingham one ....had we drawn Benfica & gotten out of Europa & had beaten Birmingham 4-1 to be just 1 pt behind Spurs, would a Liverpool fan take it ?

Ok, what's done is done.

Wack Fulham this Sunday - next mission.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro elephanto,
i know i will take it as it will surely help toward the 4th placing.
now we must prepare ourselves that next season,there will be no CL for us.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro elephanto,
true bro bluecat, it is a sad day when pool fans can only choose one or the other instead of going for everything ...

come think of it, since 2001 (the one year win 5 trophies season), Liverpool has never been out of Clampions League - oops almost. Except one season i think end of 02/03Pool last game lost , let Chelsea get 4th. That's why Roman bought Chelsea at end 03/04 becos he 'gian' Champions league action. So yeah ... 03/04 Liverpool also not in Champions League. 7 years later, looks like we may miss out again...

without surfing to confirm, from memory...
00/01 win 5 trophies 3rd in league
01/02 2nd in league
02/03 5th (miss to chelski)
03/04 4th (Houllier's last ditch effort & parting gift)
04/05 won Champs League but league 5th
05/06 enter CL as defending champ , league 3rd
06/07 3rd
07/08 4th
08/09 2nd
09/10 ???

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro elephanto,

No 4th placing does not necessarily mean no CL football.
The winner of the Europa Cup can still enter CL by the backdoor through the qualifying rounds :smile: .... similar situation as the year when LFC won the CL but finished 5th in the EPL.