• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Library Security Guard Siao On Woh!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the people who behave inappropriately in public places take great comfort in the fact that people around them are too afraid or apathetic to approach them.
Sadly, many public employees do not take the necessary action to stamp out these rule breakers as well. That's why I appaud the library staff's action.
There have been a few times where I had to tell the mrt staff that people were eating and drinking in the trains and the stations. I have told them off personally a few times we well. I'm prepared to get confrontation if necessary, getting really sick of spoilt brats in this world (both adults and children).

I know what you mean when you say that the general public is apathetic when they see what is happening in front of them. They do not realise that in keeping quiet they are also as guilty as those who misbehave.

Good people like you know that it does not need rules and enforcement to know the difference between right and wrong. What we observe is a lack of civility and care for others which brings us to decide upon ourselves to try to stamp it out.

Do feel encouraged and be brave because what you are doing is right and it is a shame for those who feel otherwise. I myself have confronted a few of these passengers in the MRT before. They will comply if you are stern with them. Stern but not rude.

Best of luck but the rewards are satisfying.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree.
The library staff is simply doing his job and making the place better for the users who follow the rules.
The stomper is not a victim, he is a spoilt brat.

No challenge, no one has to agree and no one has to disagree. You and I are looking at things in different perspectives. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Where I am coming from is about believing in freedom. I believe in discretions and I despise silly rules and restrictions. The turban doing his job is one thing but doing it in a captious manner is quite another.:o

You may label him a spoilt brat but unlike you, he's the new generation that will question and not simply go under the authoritarian yoke.:o

Cheers.:biggrin: