• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL read out many sg stories.... what yours ?

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is happy go lucky childhood untill NS time when I was taught for 2 years to put knives into stomachs of FTs who invade Sg. When I rod I become mad and someone keep repeating NS IS KILLING SG into my ears the whole day.

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was brainwashed by The Patriotic songs during primary school but when i moved to Potong Pasir, i was enlightened......

Potong Pasir!!!.......Chiam See Tong!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His stories are too remote to be taken as general trend in Singapore. It is like painting a bed of roses in a desert. Besides, I there are too many questionable messages in his speech.

1. He said ERPs are to help car owners but deliberately leave out
the fact that taxi passengers bore the charges. Thus impact the cost of livings and shops surrounding the ERP area are badly affected with many bosses suffering losses by 30 to 50% of customers.

2. He mentioned low tax rate to help the poor, but in general low income
earners are not required to pay tax and yet everyone pay GST daily which is higher than income tax. On top of GST, the conservancy charges, the utilities taxes, the property taxes, the unecessary 4D taxes if you win 3rd price/consolation price, transport hikes, and he is planning to increase some more charges in future (which is put on hold for the time being).

3. By extending maternality leaves to 16 weeks is to buy the loyality of his
civil servants because not all private companies succumb to that idea as
it put company productivity level at stake.

4. He wants Singaporean to enjoy work life balance but still suggest that Singaporean should be able to take stress and pressure in work which usually comes with long hours and jeopardize family times. This point is too contradicting to his message.

5. Just as young men sacrificed their 2 years in NS, he is now encouraging young women in their 20s to get married ahead of their career planning forgetting that once these women want to build career in their 30s or 40s it will be too late as they have passed their economic value.

6. He claims that public transport such as MRT and SBS have improved tremendously in terms of waiting time and peak hours but these are not true from experience unless LHL go down personally to take trains & buses in the morning rush hours. Is he advocating further transport hikes in the near future?

7. He wants Singaporean to learn to clear plates in food court after every meal as compared to children clearing plates at home. He forget that we paid uncessary high prices for simple food outside and some even came with GST charges and service charges and why are we clearing plates when the price of such are factored in the price we pay for the food. By the way, did he clear his own plates or his lackey dogs just lick it up for him. Please lead by what you preach and not expect Singaporean to do you service to impress others. Besides, with the influx of foreign workers, you got mixed up with what Singaporean did not do what foreigners did to tarnish our social image.

His message has caused much indigestion and I badly need some panadol to sooth it.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
goodness me, you actually bothered to listen to him?

i got a shock of my life when all that every single channel on tv had was his ugly face.

$4mil/year can do wonders to one's imagination - and hallucinations.

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
6. He claims that public transport such as MRT and SBS have improved tremendously in terms of waiting time and peak hours but these are not true from experience unless LHL go down personally to take trains & buses in the morning rush hours. Is he advocating further transport hikes in the near future?

Omg, the ministers should be made to take MRT and SBS to work everyday:mad::mad::mad:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
[His message has caused much indigestion and I badly need some panadol to sooth it]

panadol to sooth indigestion ???

beng

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
6. He claims that public transport such as MRT and SBS have improved tremendously in terms of waiting time and peak hours but these are not true from experience unless LHL go down personally to take trains & buses in the morning rush hours.

our PM hasn't seen Hitler blowing his top, as shown earlier by bro popdod...

allow me to reproduce that classic video here...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoTqRQ29Od8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoTqRQ29Od8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>