• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL apologises - And the Oppos are not even in Parliament yet!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source:
http://singaporedino.blogspot.com/2011/05/pap-becomes-increasingly-rattled.html

Today, PM Lee offered a rare apology for some of the mistakes that his government had committed: housing and transport.

According to the Straits Times:

He said that although growth had brought with it certain side effects, such as risk of gambling addiction, and more foreign workers, the PAP would tackle these issues in the years to come, and asked for the public's patience.

'These are real problems. We will tackle them. Please bear with us. We are trying our best on your behalf,' said Mr Lee to applause from the crowd. 'If we didn't get it quite right, I'm sorry. We will try and do better the next time.'

Is he giving a sincere response to the relentless assault of the various opposition parties on his record? Unlikely. It seems to be more of a desperate measure to appease voters angry with the PAP's ignorance and arrogance.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Source:

Today, PM Lee offered a rare apology for some of the mistakes that his government had committed: housing and transport.

According to the Straits Times:

He said that although growth had brought with it certain side effects, such as risk of gambling addiction, and more foreign workers, the PAP would tackle these issues in the years to come, and asked for the public's patience.

'These are real problems. We will tackle them. Please bear with us. We are trying our best on your behalf,' said Mr Lee to applause from the crowd. 'If we didn't get it quite right, I'm sorry. We will try and do better the next time.'

Is he giving a sincere response to the relentless assault of the various opposition parties on his record? Unlikely. It seems to be more of a desperate measure to appease voters angry with the PAP's ignorance and arrogance.

The damage done by him is as controllable as the radioactive leak in Fukushima. :rolleyes:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
He & his ministers should have apologised when the mistakes were made & not make excuses then.

Now, any apologies proffered will come across as being insincere & trying to win the electorate's precious votes.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... the PAP would tackle these issues in the years to come ...

'These are real problems. We will tackle them. Please bear with us. We are trying our best on your behalf,' said Mr Lee to applause from the crowd. 'If we didn't get it quite right, I'm sorry. We will try and do better the next time.' ...
ya, man! ... collect my multi million $ salary now 1st ... let another burger clear ze mess me created ... :rolleyes:

if u cant get it rite, u dun deserf ur multi millions $ salary! ... :mad:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
He & his ministers should have apologised when the mistakes were made & not make excuses then.

Now, any apologies proffered will come across as being insincere & trying to win the electorate's precious votes.

Yes I agree. Apologising now is too little, too late. They've already hurt Sporeans immensely.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The heat of the battle has open cracks within the PAP and he knows that an apology is due. He should have anticipated the deep resentment of the Singaporeans a long time ago as the signs were there. Being deaf to criticism whilst at the same time ignoring calls for an apology has made the citizens change their perception of the ruling party. Just before elections, they announce an 8 months bonus for themselves, which was really a stupid decision. I am absolutely sure, his apology meant to appease the voters will also not be acceptable, not at this late stage. What in the world were they thinking?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ass Loong is like the little brat who behaves badly whole year round, and begs Santa for a second chance to get some toy during Xmas. Cheebye! :oIo:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP policies showed no mercy to Singaporeans during the last 5 years. Don't expect us to believe in any of their last minute rhetoric.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
too late for any bullshit apologies. Now when election come then cry mummy.. isn't that too late?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously only idiots will believe he was sincere. But even then, the mere "act" of apologising... i wonder if he gets a SLAP by his daddy when he gets home?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sincere? Hard to believe after watching it on TV. Someone should post it here.

He was laughing when he was talking and "apologising".

At the same time the cameras were focus in the crowd. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON IN THE CROWD WAS smiling; let alone found it funny.

Sincere? please view the video speech and crowd reaction to form your own opinion.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL: I rather eat humble pie and apologise now rather than letting those chao opposition get into parliament.
Once the election is over, I will make sure the sinkies and opp repent!

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Source:

LAN-JEOW-HOR-LEE-GAR UNDERSTAND!

How many years you have been given a chance to try again. Yet we Singaporeans kept getting fucked by you and your cronies you arrogant vipers.

We cry for LIBERATION NOW!

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bluff people one lah. How to be sorry and sincere when they have already booked the tables for their victory celebrations. If George somehow win, they are going to add tables at Marine Parade. If anyone knows where they are going to celebrate, please post it up so we can all see where they eat sharks fin and enjoy.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;-x3TMBeX-ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x3TMBeX-ws&feature=player_detailpage[/video]