• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Levis, a forgotten brand?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever is said about Levis, they have long outlived Amco, Texwood and Wrangler in S'pore. I think Amco was the more expensive of the 3. I had a pair of Levis and wore it for almost 20 years - that was my favourite pair. Nowadays, I just wear bermudas.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Levi's is alive and well in USA. Levi Strauss was a Jewish tailor in San Francisco near Chinatown in 1800s wild west days; invented denim blue jeans for railroad workers, lumberjacks and cowboys. It was meant to be workmen's pants. The modern Levi's flagship boutique now in San Francisco is next to Grand Hyatt between 4th and 5th Avenue. Three floors high. Anyway, I don't like jeans.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
...and never washed?! :confused: :eek:

My son got a pair of Levi he wears one time and washes one time so I say_ son, don't waste detergent you wear one-two weeks then you wash

and one day I came across an article the writer claim that for new pair of jean you don't wash for at least 6 months to allow them to season and fit into your shape :eek:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My son got a pair of Levi he wears one time and washes one time so I say_ son, don't waste detergent you wear one-two weeks then you wash

and one day I came across an article the writer claim that for new pair of jean you don't wash for at least 6 months to allow them to season and fit into your shape :eek:

I heard that before. Even from a friend who like jeans and said he washed it once every 6 months only, washing is bad for jeans, it soaks up and retains more water than others fabrics, causing it to harden and go out of shape whether hang-dry or machine-dry.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vincent is correctt, jeans are not meant to be wash often, used to wear it, now wearing 3/4 pants, more cooling, lol

Anyone saw Denizen? $39-$59 range, doesn't appeal to me anymore, lol. BKK City Gear 3/4 pants rules, lor mak!!!:p:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vincent is correctt, jeans are not meant to be wash often, used to wear it, now wearing 3/4 pants, more cooling, lol

Anyone saw Denizen? $39-$59 range, doesn't appeal to me anymore, lol. BKK City Gear 3/4 pants rules, lor mak!!!:p:p

3/4 Bermudas is for neighbourhood coffeeshops and hawker centres within walking distances, and perhaps at tourist resorts. When I really go out to town, I'd be dressed respectably and presentably enough to enter any 5-star hotel without being questioned.

Lor maak is a Thai term applicable to seriously handsome men such as me only. You go back to the queue wait long long.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop talking through your ass, back up your rubbish with some facts.

thats whats wrong with you young ignorant brat, everyone must SERVE you with facts on a plate. people tell you something, go and find out and decide yourself. anyway i know what im talking about and where im coming from. even investigator ramseth also thought they are big, maybe he got the info from wiki. :biggrin:

go ask those business man in fashion and long enough they will tell you the story. levis is only big in asia but not US. almost wind up in the 90's, luckily got overseas sales tahan.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats whats wrong with you young ignorant brat, everyone must SERVE you with facts on a plate. people tell you something, go and find out and decide yourself. anyway i know what im talking about and where im coming from. even investigator ramseth also thought they are big, maybe he got the info from wiki. :biggrin:

Err...I lived there many years and was last there 2 years ago. I don't profess to know about their business volume or profitability, but they're still there.