• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Levi Strauss sees profits plummet

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Levi Strauss sees profits plummet

_46519404_007872855-1.jpg
Levi's store in Bangalore
New store openings and promotions boosted sales in India

Jeans maker Levi Strauss has reported a 41% drop in profits after seeing lower sales and currency fluctuations.

The San Francisco-based firm saw its net income for the third quarter fall to $41m (£25m) from $69m a year ago.

Revenue dropped 6% to $1.04bn, with sales falling in both its US home market and in Europe.

However, sales in the Asia Pacific region rose 2%, helped by increased product promotions and store expansion in India and China, the company said.

"It was a productive quarter in light of the tough market conditions worldwide," said president and chief executive John Anderson.

Levi Strauss is a privately held company but releases its financial results as some of its bonds are publicly traded.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually when they offer $50 exchange for an old jeans and 2 for $199 promotions few months ago, I told my friends that Levis is losing money, I'm correct after all, LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
not surprising as consumer spending dips, these companies revenue would dip correspondingly.

and as they usually have high overheads in terms of rental n salaried workers, it would be a two pong attack on profits.

less sales, overheads same or higher = lesser profit.

how many levis strauss jeans would anyone need?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it fits my mind ...
n it fits my soul ...
n it fits my generation ...
it makes livin a laff ...
n lovin a life ...
n walkin a celebration ...
i'm standing up ... callin 2 b counted ... wokin proud in my levi's ...
levi's got me walkin proud ... i'm walkin proud in my levi's ...
i've arrived ... i'm alive ... i'm walkin proud in my levi's ...

any1 remember ze above jingle? ...

me bot oni 1 pair of levi jeans so far ...

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Levi jeans are "low class" in the United States.. how to make money for Levi Strauss :confused:

Even, the Dockers brand is a so so brand. Face stiff challenges from many house brands.. :(