• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let CPF Members decide when to start payout instead of the mandatory 70 years old

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This only tells me that outside of the CPF, Sinkies have no slightest idea of how to invest their monies.... is either CPF or the DBS / OCBC / UOB BANK....

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
“And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn't be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters — who your neighbor is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit ... or what language you use.

We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think.”

— April 20, 1987, LKY quoted in the The Straits Times newspaper.
wait a second.

Ah kong may have said that, but is it ah kong's idea to make the CPF payout age 70? Whilst Ah kong was not perfect, I think Ah kong's death may have marked a turning point in sinkieland. This 1987 quote, in 1987, were we all this unhappy? I can personally remember thinking we're all in deep shit once he dies.

I think that Ah Kong taught his son to do things his way, but he didn't teach him to see things or to think in his way. Unfortunately, I think no one can follow in the old master's footsteps. :frown: