• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

happyjoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, on appeal they offered a massive discount. And after presenting chronological events furnished by the lawyers, they waived it entirely.

I think they were just trying their luck. Another friend also went through the same process and had the late payment fee waived entirely as well.

To each his own, but I think the month delay via this process is easier to accept than an uncertain time frame dealing with the lawyer and or bank to try and get my penalty refunded.

Of course the above assumes that the buyer was not responsible for the delay.

Best of luck to rest of the buyers. It's a really nice precinct.

penpen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have made payment for the late interest, but will request to be returned if my lawyer can furnish the chronology of events.

I am still waiting for the handover inspection date. This is getting frustrating. Anyone out there facing the same issue?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than a month after official handover still no water supply. When questioned why LF blamed it on the state water authorities. When asked when LF can only reply "dont know, beyond their control". WTF. Mulpha still got the audacity to charge us late payment penalty and refused to waive despite telling them disbursement of payments beyond our control as its between banker and their lawyer. Very unprofessional and unethical developer.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got my water supply last week. I think authority is going to install water meter very soon for the rest of houses.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
LF has just launched a newsletter (attached). You may send your name, mailing address, Tel No. & email to [email protected] to keep updated.
Just to share.

Attachments

• Leisure Farm Newsletter1.pdf
    888.1 KB · Views: 1,023

Stang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has used the house cleaning services by Mr. Azwan , who is the recommended vendor by Leisure Farm Mgmt Office? Any comments/feedback is appreciated, or any other recommendations ..

By the way, I have a Bayou Creek semi d, as well as a Bayou Water Village semi D . Thinking to sell or rent out one of them. Anyone knows a friend or someone who would like to rent or buy? Please let me know and we can arrange to view . +65 9838 9283, [email protected] . My asking prices or rental rates are the best you could possibly get out there, I believe.

penpen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bayou creek friends,

Anyone already moved in yet? Any mosquito problem with the construction for phase 2 going on.

I should be starting renovation soon once the defects are rectified (no sound no picture from LF for now). Any good contact for curtains and water filters? Please help!

Thanks.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bayou creek friends,

Anyone already moved in yet? Any mosquito problem with the construction for phase 2 going on.

I should be starting renovation soon once the defects are rectified (no sound no picture from LF for now). Any good contact for curtains and water filters? Please help!

Thanks.

For curtains, can visit Lian Heng Curtain House at Gelang Patah (No. 10, Taman Nusa Perintis 2). Ask for Ms Ng, the lady boss. She can give a better discount than the shop assistant there & also help select the materials & colours. She may also be able to visit your house to take measurements if you require.
For water filters, Asaki at Gelang Patah also have but I find quite ex. I got mine from Southern Homebase (http://www.southernhomebase.com/index.php?ws=pages&pages_id=3209). Ask for Mr. Dinker Cho, the boss. He speaks good English and will also recommend a plumber to do the work if needed.

Aeroccino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some defects come with the house... sinks leak, external wall waterproofing allows water to bubble through into the house (so the internal paint wall cracks and bubbles)... does anyone have any such experience? How responsive is the developer in your case?

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are on our 3rd round of defect list. Some defects caused while they fixed the original ones!!, we hope to have final handover next week (well that's the plan).

We had a couple of leaks and a few disappointment issues which I just nagged the developer about in order for them to fix it and shut me up. I explained to them that I wanted to receive a house in show room condition and not have to spend RM000's on a cleaner to make it habital. Garden was full of cigarette butts, packets, water bottles etc where contractors just left. They tried to tell me it is Malaysia style but I gave them "both barrels", Malaysia style or not, I am not paying millions of RM for a dump and told them to get it sorted.

That said I don't have any illusions that it will not be to my expectation but at least they got the message and will do something about it.

Overall I am disappointed in the quality of the work by the developer. From road side it looks great but when you look inside at the detail its not very good (lack of craftsmanship). There is a saying "at least kiss me before you f**k me" which a kiss something I don't get if you see my point.

Once we start the reno after New Year I hope we will turn it into something we can be proud of.....

Anyway no turning back now....good luck to everyone else.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must say that if you are going to set your expectations too high, ie: Sinkie Land's standard, then you are in for a disappointment.

Even my contractor once told me: "You can't expect the same quality as Singapore because the type of workers and their salaries are different. Those (renovation) Malaysians working in Singapore are much more responsible in their work because of their higher remuneration (made even better vis-a-vis by the exchange rate) and they can't afford to lose their jobs." He knows this very well because he has a shop himself in Balestier for renovating Singapore units.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
It took me 3 years to understand that I should not pay Ringgit and expect Sing dollar standard. Simple terms but when every houses defects are rather disappointing by Spore standard and common by Malaysia standard, I told myself don't be too much. For my first house I screwed the chap because my carpet grass was brown and ailing when I took vacant possession and waited 2 months for them to plant it.. they dint do it then my RM 10,000 instalment was gone like that.. I spent some RM 1500 to replant it with some flowers and trees. Those chaps must be cursing me back in their office back then.

I must say that if you are going to set your expectations too high, ie: Sinkie Land's standard, then you are in for a disappointment.

Even my contractor once told me: "You can't expect the same quality as Singapore because the type of workers and their salaries are different. Those (renovation) Malaysians working in Singapore are much more responsible in their work because of their higher remuneration (made even better vis-a-vis by the exchange rate) and they can't afford to lose their jobs." He knows this very well because he has a shop himself in Balestier for renovating Singapore units.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
That doesn't mean I should just lie back and accept sub standard work. I am a contract engineer so I understand all to well that standards vary throughout the world. However there are clauses and statements within the SPA which (despite Malaysian standards) force the developer to ensure a minimum level of quality is delivered.

If you are tenacious enough (and don't run out of patience) they will do most things to your standard (Sinkie or otherwise). It is all to easy to accept sub par workmanship as an excuse for "Malaysian style". The secret is to wear them down to get the job done before they wear you down, its a battle of attrition. Remember they need you to sign off the defect list to show that they have done their job, if you don't sign it then they come under pressure from management, so a double edge sword.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It took me 3 years to understand that I should not pay Ringgit and expect Sing dollar standard. Simple terms but when every houses defects are rather disappointing by Spore standard and common by Malaysia standard, I told myself don't be too much. For my first house I screwed the chap because my carpet grass was brown and ailing when I took vacant possession and waited 2 months for them to plant it.. they dint do it then my RM 10,000 instalment was gone like that.. I spent some RM 1500 to replant it with some flowers and trees. Those chaps must be cursing me back in their office back then.
Your were lucky that they didn't use a thick chain and padlock to lock up your gate as had happened to some before.:p

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful if you keep forcing them to settle the defects.. They can play you by delaying for 6 months and imagine RM 30k gone just like that.. these 6 months your house could well be renovated and rented out for 3 months already with RM 15000 in your pocket.

You just cant mess around with the developers la.. subsequently I play smart.. as long as my house got grass ( no need green ), got gate, got rooftop and the partition divide the rooms well.. and one kitchen with toilet bowls there, I sign and proceed with reno. Cos I realize during reno many defects can be settled with just a few hundred rm or some FOC

That doesn't mean I should just lie back and accept sub standard work. I am a contract engineer so I understand all to well that standards vary throughout the world. However there are clauses and statements within the SPA which (despite Malaysian standards) force the developer to ensure a minimum level of quality is delivered.

If you are tenacious enough (and don't run out of patience) they will do most things to your standard (Sinkie or otherwise). It is all to easy to accept sub par workmanship as an excuse for "Malaysian style". The secret is to wear them down to get the job done before they wear you down, its a battle of attrition. Remember they need you to sign off the defect list to show that they have done their job, if you don't sign it then they come under pressure from management, so a double edge sword.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful if you keep forcing them to settle the defects.. They can play you by delaying for 6 months and imagine RM 30k gone just like that.. these 6 months your house could well be renovated and rented out for 3 months already with RM 15000 in your pocket.

You just cant mess around with the developers la.. subsequently I play smart.. as long as my house got grass ( no need green ), got gate, got rooftop and the partition divide the rooms well.. and one kitchen with toilet bowls there, I sign and proceed with reno. Cos I realize during reno many defects can be settled with just a few hundred rm or some FOC

Well thats where we differ, I am in no rush to move in and quality is a higher priority to me than delaying a few months to get it right. There is a saying "the sweetness of low cost is forgotten long after the bitterness of low quality remains".
Dont get me wrong, I am not obstinate or stubborn, I just want what I paid for and what is in the contract. If you went to the show room to pick up your new car and found it to be dirty with a wobbly wheel and it leaked I don't think you would have the same approach. A car is 000's of RM, a house is Millions of RM, don't see what I should relax standards just because people are lazy.

Considering that the majority of LF residents are expats (from one nation or another) it is not in the developers interest to get a bad reputation, so I don't think they will delay and delay. My experience so far is that they have been reasonable in attending to the defects list, its just they need to do better.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well thats where we differ, I am in no rush to move in and quality is a higher priority to me than delaying a few months to get it right. There is a saying "the sweetness of low cost is forgotten long after the bitterness of low quality remains".
Dont get me wrong, I am not obstinate or stubborn, I just want what I paid for and what is in the contract. If you went to the show room to pick up your new car and found it to be dirty with a wobbly wheel and it leaked I don't think you would have the same approach. A car is 000's of RM, a house is Millions of RM, don't see what I should relax standards just because people are lazy.

Considering that the majority of LF residents are expats (from one nation or another) it is not in the developers interest to get a bad reputation, so I don't think they will delay and delay. My experience so far is that they have been reasonable in attending to the defects list, its just they need to do better.

I know of people who spent months asking the developer to rectify defects, only to undo everything during their extensive reno. I think the key thing is to focus on the really problematic defects (esp water-proofing) but also bearing in mind, how you are going to renovate.

I don't think the shoddy work is a problem of "Malaysian contractors" but rather JB contractors hiring cheap & unskilled Indon/Viet workers. KL quality seems to be better, but of course, KL's wages are higher too.