• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cow138, you are right.

Strate titled land has common shared ground
Don't own the land around the house
Monthly MCST maintenance for the upkeep of shared facilities
The monthly charges is much higher than for Bayou Creek

I am sure the older existing owners/Leisure Farmers can provide the exact cost differences.

Can't help with the exact costs here.

from my understanding:

strata titled means the property is governed under the newer strata titles act (1985?). hence, all owners have a share in the whole plot of developed land (under master title) before converting to strata after VP, hence an owner will own the unit or lot no, and also share in owning the whole development outside his assigned lot. Hence, this whole piece of land is considered privately owned, including the roads, parks, amenities within the said land. What this means is that there is a legal framework for managing this piece of propertty in its' entirety (such as implementing G&G schemes).

whereas individual title means the propert is governed under the older national land code (1965(?)) whereby owner by themselves own only the plot of land on which their house stands, and not the roads and amenities (parks etc) within the development, which eventually reverts back as public property. Hence, there may be some gray area when owners decide to form a JMB to block off public access when implementing G&G.

For LF, not sure how it works for individual lots as the whole of LF is under mulpha.

both strata and individual land can be either freehold or leasehold.

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a bungalow but not facing the canal. Land is 2000 sq feet and built up 3000 sq feet.

Hi Valdez, you might have made a mistake. There are only 5 bungalows in Bayou Water Village and they are all canal fronting with built up areas of below 2000sqft. Selling price was from RM1.1 million when it first launched.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
from my understanding:

strata titled means the property is governed under the newer strata titles act (1985?). hence, all owners have a share in the whole plot of developed land (under master title) before converting to strata after VP, hence an owner will own the unit or lot no, and also share in owning the whole development outside his assigned lot. Hence, this whole piece of land is considered privately owned, including the roads, parks, amenities within the said land. What this means is that there is a legal framework for managing this piece of propertty in its' entirety (such as implementing G&G schemes).

whereas individual title means the propert is governed under the older national land code (1965(?)) whereby owner by themselves own only the plot of land on which their house stands, and not the roads and amenities (parks etc) within the development, which eventually reverts back as public property. Hence, there may be some gray area when owners decide to form a JMB to block off public access when implementing G&G.

For LF, not sure how it works for individual lots as the whole of LF is under mulpha.

both strata and individual land can be either freehold or leasehold.

The part about the entire LF being under Mulpha was exactly the same question that me and some friends were discussing. So ultimately, who controls the right of use of road.

Under an extreme example, if the ownership of LF was to get into trouble due to Mulpha going into receivership/or sell LF to different owners, how would the usage of the roads be affected?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like a difficult and not popular question. :smile:
I suppose there is no precedent yet of a developer owned G&G land whereby the developer actually got into a situation.
Just a hypothetical question.

Guess it's too heavy duty for the forum.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like a difficult and not popular question. :smile:
I suppose there is no precedent yet of a developer owned G&G land whereby the developer actually got into a situation.
Just a hypothetical question.

Guess it's too heavy duty for the forum.

There's a lot of loophole. Maybe this is one of them.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
The location of leisure farm is so wonderfully strategic being just next door to Gerbang nusajaya.

image.jpg

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
The location of leisure farm is so wonderfully strategic being just next door to Gerbang nusajaya.

View attachment 12401

Where is the source of the map from?

From the map, the race track looks like it is just next to the NS highway.
I would say rather near for some of the bungalow plots in Merbok Spring, which might be affected by the activities and noises..

Otherwise, most of LF should not be too directly affected.

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
LF should build a sound barrier by planting trees. Residents should petition the developer to plan and plant soon, before racing track is ready. Living next to a racing track is very different from watching F1 racing for 3 nites. All weekends can be drowned out by high pitch noise.
If you wake up early in the morning in LF, you can here the busy traffic sound fron the highway leading to the second link. Car racing sound will be much louder.

Where is the source of the map from?

From the map, the race track looks like it is just next to the NS highway.
I would say rather near for some of the bungalow plots in Merbok Spring, which might be affected by the activities and noises..

Otherwise, most of LF should not be too directly affected.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Leisure Farm still has a lot of projects in the future to launch, the use of trees as sound buffer is definitely a plan that the LF management should consider.

Good suggestion Tansi.

Just curious, you mentioned about LFarmers being about to hear highway noises, are those feedback from Merbok Spring residents?
I would imagine Bayou Water Villagers are further from the source of noise though, no?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the map shared, we can note that Rowsley as the developer of the project is planning the race track near to NS highway, whilst the residential area is planned across the Gelang Patah road, further away from the race track.

I cannot see the Leisure Farm part of the road. However, except for some of the bordering Merbok Spring plots, the other precincts seems to be equal distance from the track as the Rowsley ones if not further.

Victoria Meadows, Bayou Creek and Admiral Heights seemed to be a more comfortable distance away from the race track area.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The open undulated land has few trees between the highway and BWV, there is a low humming noise heard in BWV in the morning, not really annoying.
I wonder by planting sound barrier would LF gain in property value and popularity, as compared to other residential developments nearby. After all, it fits well with LF's concept of resort. Other developers practically build right to the brim whereas LF has the land to plant and add value. Fast car enthusiasts may hop over for a race but I doubt they like their houses drowned out by high pitch noise.

As Leisure Farm still has a lot of projects in the future to launch, the use of trees as sound buffer is definitely a plan that the LF management should consider.

Good suggestion Tansi.

Just curious, you mentioned about LFarmers being about to hear highway noises, are those feedback from Merbok Spring residents?
I would imagine Bayou Water Villagers are further from the source of noise though, no?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think that is unduly pessimistic.

Overall, if the Rowsley/Leisure Farm/Sunway belt develop well, plus the new connection to NS highway that will cut past Sunway/Leisure Farm 3rd entrance, will be good overall in the long run.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noise , dusty , dirty , pylon(HTC) ....property value may drop..

You are wrong. I was told LF looking at $190 for the land and $10 million upwards for their new 1 acre show houses. Bungalows at bayou creek phase 2 will go for 4 million and their semi dees at least 2.7 million.
Mulpha bought the land at dirt cheap prices and they are only releasing a few units at a time to ensure prices can only go higher.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
entertain business partners with exciting racing and throw parties, even invite them to stay overnite at bungalows in LF, that seems to be a better idea than F1 race + 5-star hotel. LF has the advantage of proximity to the racing hub, but need to plan early to block annoyance.

You are wrong. I was told LF looking at $190 for the land and $10 million upwards for their new 1 acre show houses. Bungalows at bayou creek phase 2 will go for 4 million and their semi dees at least 2.7 million.
Mulpha bought the land at dirt cheap prices and they are only releasing a few units at a time to ensure prices can only go higher.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rowsley (aka Peter Lim + Johor Sultan partnership) is positioned to capture the residential potential with their own landed residential projects which is buffered by their own golf course and commercial complex from the race track.

Incidentally, the Poresia Golf Course might provide some sound screening for some parts of LF from the track once it is up and running.

What would be more imminent would be the huge number of construction trucks that will move along the narrow Gelang Patah road, alongside golf guests and residents.

Seriously, the Gelang Patah road needs to be at least two lane each way to cater for the increase in traffic volume.

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
A golf course is a flat open space with a few trees, ineffective as sound barrier, worse than the undulated open land between the highway and Bayou Water Village, where one can hear every morning the rushing traffic on the highway. A sound barrier consists of rows of tall trees, check the website
http://www.ehow.com/list_6017658_trees-block-road-noise.html
Trees have to be tall, dense and grown in the right locations. Hence planning and implementation has to begin long before racing track is ready.
If the feeder roads from the highway to LF are private roads, prohibit construction trucks from using them.

Rowsley (aka Peter Lim + Johor Sultan partnership) is positioned to capture the residential potential with their own landed residential projects which is buffered by their own golf course and commercial complex from the race track.

Incidentally, the Poresia Golf Course might provide some sound screening for some parts of LF from the track once it is up and running.

What would be more imminent would be the huge number of construction trucks that will move along the narrow Gelang Patah road, alongside golf guests and residents.

Seriously, the Gelang Patah road needs to be at least two lane each way to cater for the increase in traffic volume.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pple go to see F1 is to hear the visceral engine sound. Now can get free some more. Why complain? Haha.