• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last December there was an announcement that a motor sports hub would be built in Gerbang Nusajaya, which is practically the neighboring area of LF. Once the hub is completed and car racings begin, high pitch noise will be a pollution to all residential areas in the vicinity of the hub. Does LF have any plan to reduce noise pollution, such as growing rows of tall and dense trees?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi OracleMasia and Valdez,
Thks for your replies. I think it was abt rm3.2mil when first launched and agent kept saying, as he already reserved it for me, there're so much demand for it yesterday and there's even a buyer who's willing to pay rm3mil for it if agent willing to sell to him. Thus I'm not sure why the price reduced to 2.84 from 3.2 when still so hot. Yes, the agent also said the first buyer kept delaying payments.

Agreed fully investments in Iskander are for long term so must be able to ride out any crisis in the meantime. Btw, I'll probably will go ahead with the purchase. Thanks again.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last December there was an announcement that a motor sports hub would be built in Gerbang Nusajaya, which is practically the neighboring area of LF. Once the hub is completed and car racings begin, high pitch noise will be a pollution to all residential areas in the vicinity of the hub. Does LF have any plan to reduce noise pollution, such as growing rows of tall and dense trees?

Agreed.Predictable the high pitch noice will be pollution the area and not forgotten smoke pollution from nearby industrial area.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed.Predictable the high pitch noice will be pollution the area and not forgotten smoke pollution from nearby industrial area.

Don't think it's that bad. It's not F1. Think the mat rempit bikes are noisier.
By the way they had a soft launch/ registration of bayou creek phase 2 today. Heard the semi dees going for around 2.3 million.
Response was good.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think it's that bad. It's not F1. Think the mat rempit bikes are noisier.
By the way they had a soft launch/ registration of bayou creek phase 2 today. Heard the semi dees going for around 2.3 million.
Response was good.

Oh..2.30mio?? Was told last year between 1.80-2.10mio only ..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to LF today for the Chap Goh Mei celebration. Seems like their tier of customers or potential customers have moved up from HDB dwellers seeking alternative, to some wealthier Sinkies looking for investments... if the type of cars driven are any indication - Porche Cayennes, S-class, etc.

3 years ago when i came here we were treated like VIP... shown around by salesperson with a lot of selling effort. Today the lady din't even bother to attend to me... knowing that i have been here before and have already purchased properties elsewhere. Asked us to go to showhouse ourselves...lol... no drinks and food were served until lunch although there were like more than a hundred guests already. As i had friends with me, we just proceeded to help ourselves with the showhouses, then went Jusco to eat. Did not want to return to the buffet lunch just in case there were more embassing situations like... not enough food?

Yes, i was told it was 2.3m. I suppose it is a new generation of buyers now... 1+ million for a semi-D has become prices of yesteryears.

Brought friends to drive around Nusajaya area like Legoland, Malborough College, Puteri Harbour, etc. Friends were very diplomatic telling us how inspired they were... lol.. one thing i still cannot accept is the whole Nusajaya feels like a desert. Trees... trees... trees... greeneries... they need to invest

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to LF today for the Chap Goh Mei celebration. Seems like their tier of customers or potential customers have moved up from HDB dwellers seeking alternative, to some wealthier Sinkies looking for investments... if the type of cars driven are any indication - Porche Cayennes, S-class, etc.

3 years ago when i came here we were treated like VIP... shown around by salesperson with a lot of selling effort. Today the lady din't even bother to attend to me... knowing that i have been here before and have already purchased properties elsewhere. Asked us to go to showhouse ourselves...lol... no drinks and food were served until lunch although there were like more than a hundred guests already. As i had friends with me, we just proceeded to help ourselves with the showhouses, then went Jusco to eat. Did not want to return to the buffet lunch just in case there were more embassing situations like... not enough food?

Yes, i was told it was 2.3m. I suppose it is a new generation of buyers now... 1+ million for a semi-D has become prices of yesteryears.

Brought friends to drive around Nusajaya area like Legoland, Malborough College, Puteri Harbour, etc. Friends were very diplomatic telling us how inspired they were... lol.. one thing i still cannot accept is the whole Nusajaya feels like a desert. Trees... trees... trees... greeneries... they need to invest

Definitely middle class of Singaporeans are coming up to Nusajaya. Most should be getting for weekend house.

I prefer the current state of JB with open spaces and greenery, instead of too much investment, over-crowding and inflation.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister khaw confirmed today the HSR terminal would not be in woodlands but will be in the west ( jurong east?) or east ( changi?) . That means can hop on HSR at the Malaysian 2nd link CIQ and be in singapore city centre in minutes. With the Malaysia minister of transport confirming that there will be 2 types of train services - the normal speed and the high speed the frequency could be quite high.very convenient for LF residents cos it will be the closest resort to the 2nd link CIQ.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

By the time the infrastructure is up they will be cursing themselves for not buying when its like a desert. That's what I saw at Shenzhen 20 plus years ago. Nothing but desert landscape and new highways. A few factories and housing development here and there. Look at Shenzhen now. A booming metropolis with high speed rails and ferry links to beijing, shanghai, HK and Macau and an international airport too.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister khaw confirmed today the HSR terminal would not be in woodlands but will be in the west ( jurong east?) or east ( changi?) . That means can hop on HSR at the Malaysian 2nd link CIQ and be in singapore city centre in minutes. With the Malaysia minister of transport confirming that there will be 2 types of train services - the normal speed and the high speed the frequency could be quite high.very convenient for LF residents cos it will be the closest resort to the 2nd link CIQ.

It will be in Nusajaya

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/25/business/12742994&sec=business

JOHOR BARU: Nusajaya in Iskandar Malaysia has been earmarked as one of the three stop stations in Johor for the proposed high-speed rail (HSR) linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said as a green-field area, Nusajaya would definitely be a better choice for the stop station.

Ismail said several issues had to be looked into in the development of the HSR, including land acquisition and the relocation of residents affected by the project.

“The type of users of the service will be what finally determines the terminals or the stop stations for the system from KL to Singapore,'' he told StarBiz.

On Wednesday, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha said five towns in the country had been earmarked as “stop stations” in the initial plan for the HSR; Seremban, Ayer Keroh, Muar, Batu Pahat and Iskandar Malaysia.

Malaysia and Singapore had on Tuesday jointly announced their agreement to build the HSR between the republic and Kuala Lumpur, expected to be completed by 2020.

The proposed project will cut travel time between the two capitals to just 90 minutes from the five hours of driving and seven hours by rail at present.

“Nusajaya, spanning 9,712.45 ha, is a good location for the stop station as opposed to the existing JB Sentral KTM station here which is facing space constraints,'' said Ismail.

He said the Nusajaya terminal would be connected to Kempas Baru, which had been designated as an integrated public transportation hub for Iskandar Malaysia.

Ismail said it would have all modes of transportation connecting to different flagship development zones in Iskandar Malaysia, with taxis, rapid bus transits and intra-city commuter train services for commuters.

On the Malaysia-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) link, he said both countries did not have to wait for the one-year cycle to make a decision on the project.

“We are giving ourselves ample time on the project. If both governments find the study is good, then it can start anytime,'' Ismail said, adding that there would be two options for the RTS project linking Johor Baru and Singapore for the trains to either run above ground (grate) or via undersea tunnel.

He said the first option could be a causeway (a land bridge), while the second option could either be a low bridge or a high bridge.

A low bridge is anything below 15 metres in height, which is impassable by boats, while a high bridge is more than 35 metres or equivalent to a seven-storey building that would allow a liner to pass through.

Ismail said if the undersea tunnel were chosen for the project, then there would also be a choice of it being either a sunken tunnel or a bore tunnel.

He said the undersea tunnel was a more favourable option as it would cause minimal disruption to traffic movements during the construction period, as the project would be located nearby the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complexes of Malaysia and Singapore.

“However, the final outcome on the type of link to be built will all depend on the recommendations of the study for the two governments involved as well as costing,' he elaborated.

Ismail said it did not matter what the final choice was, but the main objective of the RTS was to improve connectivity and accessibility between Johor Baru and Singapore.

The terminating stations of the link would be at the former site of the Tanjung Puteri Lorry Custom Complex here and in the vicinity of the Republic Polytechnic in Singapore.

The RTS link is targeted to be up and operating by 2018 and have a co-located (CIQ) facility in Singapore and a co-located CIQ facility here so that commuters need to clear immigration only once for each way of travel.

The Johor Causeway, which is about 1.06 km long, was completed in 1932 and links Johor Baru to Woodlands on the other side of the Straits of Johor.

About 80,000 to 100,000 vehicles use it daily.

Johor and Singapore are also connected via the Second Link, a dual three-lane carriageway linking Tanjung Kupang to Tuas in Singapore. The bridge is about 1.9 km long.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, just placed a booking fee for Bayou Creek phase 1 for the odd shaped lot C priced at about rm 2.84 mil. Understand it was launched abt 5 mths ago but does anyone knows why there's no takers till now when the agent called me up yesterday? Because of the land shape and the small low substation just behind that bungalow? Hard to sell for good price in future compared to normal shaped ones?
Is it still a good buy or is it advisable for me to wait for phase 2 or even 3 but heard the price for bungalows ( with mangrove and natural river facing ) will be around rm3.8mil.
Have to sign s&p by next week. Pls advice. Thanks.

I think it's a very good deal for a bungalow with ID thrown in at $2.84m. Issit the land size is ard 7000 sq ft? At this moment u cant even buy EL bungalow at such a price.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

From the previous event, I was told by the sales to go straight to open house by myself with my guests too. Guess they are pretty busy with many enquiries during event day.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can book the units already?

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the previous event, I was told by the sales to go straight to open house by myself with my guests too. Guess they are pretty busy with many enquiries during event day.

Thats mean the sales are so busy till no time to entertain new customers.. thats show very very good sign of the project.
Well receive and well demand. Any idea which one is better? East ledang or Leisure farm bungalow?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats mean the sales are so busy till no time to entertain new customers.. thats show very very good sign of the project.
Well receive and well demand. Any idea which one is better? East ledang or Leisure farm bungalow?

Hi tigerbear,

Based on feedback from friends, each has its own advantages. Here is my brain dump:

East Ledang - Closer to Educity, Marlborough College, Bukit Indah, Puteri Harbour, Medini North (Legoland, Gleneagles, Mall Medini), presently, easier access from 2nd Link
Leisure Farms - More serene, quiet. At present, a bit out of way, but not for too long as they are working on the highway exit. May also have future access to Medini.

Construction Quality
Some folks argue that LF quality is better. I have my reservations after seeing the Bayou Creek showhouse. I think they are very similar, particularly after seeing the specs of phase 4A at East Ledang. East Ledang is giving Marble floorings in Living Areas, while LF is giving homogenous tiles. On the other hand, LF is giving completed kitchen and wardrobes, while EL is not so you have dole out additional time and money after completion.

Pricing
Bayou Creek phase 2 bungalows will be priced from, as I hear, RM 3.8M. East Ledang will phase 4B to be launched in April will start at RM 4.2M. Built up areas are quite similar, although my personal view is that LF includes garage and open areas in BUA while EL does not. I am comparing between the LF showhouse which I was told was 5300 sft and EL Phase 3A type C showhouse which is 5500 sft. The EL bungalow seemed much bigger. Also, land size, EL starts at 8500 sft, while LF would be 6500 sft.

Amenities
I think LF beats EL hands down. Horse Stables, Golf Course - all in house. There are some commercial developments coming up soon as well. EL will give you membership to nearby HH Golf & Country Club + Ledang Retreat.

I hope this will give you some food for thought. I suggest, go spend some time on each development. See whatever gives you a better feeling. One additional point, LF gives you more options, as they will launch Semi Ds as well. EL, only Bungalows left.

Happy hunting!

Cheers,
IR

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's a very good deal for a bungalow with ID thrown in at $2.84m. Issit the land size is ard 7000 sq ft? At this moment u cant even buy EL bungalow at such a price.

Yes it's abt 7000sq ft, and I also think it is a good deal but hope the substation just behind will not be an issue. The curve driveway is the reason for the odd shape. But if I can get one bungalow facing the natural river and mangrove to be launch in phase 3 or 4, I'll probably switch to those.
Btw, I wonder if the river is being fence up or an outsider can always row his boat into the compound.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi tigerbear,

Based on feedback from friends, each has its own advantages. Here is my brain dump:

East Ledang - Closer to Educity, Marlborough College, Bukit Indah, Puteri Harbour, Medini North (Legoland, Gleneagles, Mall Medini), presently, easier access from 2nd Link
Leisure Farms - More serene, quiet. At present, a bit out of way, but not for too long as they are working on the highway exit. May also have future access to Medini.

Construction Quality
Some folks argue that LF quality is better. I have my reservations after seeing the Bayou Creek showhouse. I think they are very similar, particularly after seeing the specs of phase 4A at East Ledang. East Ledang is giving Marble floorings in Living Areas, while LF is giving homogenous tiles. On the other hand, LF is giving completed kitchen and wardrobes, while EL is not so you have dole out additional time and money after completion.

Pricing
Bayou Creek phase 2 bungalows will be priced from, as I hear, RM 3.8M. East Ledang will phase 4B to be launched in April will start at RM 4.2M. Built up areas are quite similar, although my personal view is that LF includes garage and open areas in BUA while EL does not. I am comparing between the LF showhouse which I was told was 5300 sft and EL Phase 3A type C showhouse which is 5500 sft. The EL bungalow seemed much bigger. Also, land size, EL starts at 8500 sft, while LF would be 6500 sft.

Amenities
I think LF beats EL hands down. Horse Stables, Golf Course - all in house. There are some commercial developments coming up soon as well. EL will give you membership to nearby HH Golf & Country Club + Ledang Retreat.

I hope this will give you some food for thought. I suggest, go spend some time on each development. See whatever gives you a better feeling. One additional point, LF gives you more options, as they will launch Semi Ds as well. EL, only Bungalows left.

Happy hunting!

Cheers,
IR

Very appreciate your comments! i went to see leisure farm but i realised the security system is less strict / less converage compare with East ledang. My fren told me HH also selling bungalow at MYR 3.4mi plus for 8500 land size and built up 5800sf. The problem is HH abit far if need to travel between sg and johor.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very appreciate your comments! i went to see leisure farm but i realised the security system is less strict / less converage compare with East ledang. My fren told me HH also selling bungalow at MYR 3.4mi plus for 8500 land size and built up 5800sf. The problem is HH abit far if need to travel between sg and johor.

Most welcome. MYR 3.4M for a 8500/5800 sft bungalow at HH is a good price in today's environment. It is not to far though. From EL it take only 10 minutes to HH via coastal highway.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think you are living in a tiny country. Travelling more tha 2 hours would be consider far. 20-30 min is consider near.

Last edited: