• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew Face Stone Stone and Open Mouth Big Big Again

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Brits would not be so dump as to spend huge resources in defending an "impoverished swamp" from the invading Japanese, including the production of this propaganda film "Singapore's Importance: Alert in the East".

[video=youtube;AqoCNsFFq7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqoCNsFFq7k[/video]

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Philippines isn't developed in 2013 so how you can use it as an example certainly beats me.

The youtube videos certainly confirm that Singapore was nothing but a fishing village. You can see for yourself that apart from the areas which serve the colonial masters, the rest of the country is nothing but palm trees and atap huts.

If it wasn't for LKY, the whole country would still be undeveloped. I am forever indebted to that great man who made the country what it is today.

cities in other countries were also undeveloped in the beginning.
shanghai , melbourne , manila , KL , etc were as undeveloped as any rural town in india.
now all of them are well developed , providing you with electricity , tap water , and most
important to you , your modern flushing toilet.
all these cities are big than sillypoore.
what's so amazing about the development of sillypooore ??

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Brits would not be so dump as to spend huge resources in defending an "impoverished swamp" from the invading Japanese, including the production of this propaganda film:

I always thought the Brits were rather myopic when it came to foreign policy. I guess this proves it. They were probably too busy drinking gin tonics at the Raffles Hotel to know what 95% of Singapore looked like.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
what's so amazing about the development of sillypooore ??

The amazing thing about Singapore is that all the development was achieved despite the fact that the country was made up of immigrant peasant stock and useless natives. This goes to show what a great motivator LKY is.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY has met with students and young Singaporeans many times over the years and all of them were as quiet as church mice. Only ONE Singaporean student had the balls to take him on.

it is the same as in olden china when emperor ruled the kingdom.
who dared to argue against the emperor ?
you think the court officials dared to criticize the emperor opening ?
scare tactic and a vindictive nature of your master is the king here.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always thought the Brits were rather myopic when it came to foreign policy. I guess this proves it. ............

No, this proves that Leongsam shoots from the hip. Post #163 was made @ 9:36 am GMT, you replied @ 9:39 am. The video is 9:32 minutes long!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The amazing thing about Singapore is that all the development was achieved despite the fact that the country was made up of immigrant peasant stock and useless natives. This goes to show what a great motivator LKY is.

precisely.
you hit the nail on the head.
majority of immigrant peasant stock were chinese.
if they were any other races , your master would have failed miserable.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all of you with your intensive knowledge and scholalistic talent can't even hold a candle to Mr Sam Leong.

all your comments and arguments were demolished by pure simple facts of Mr Sam Leong who lived through the time when Mr Lee Kuan Yew was the hero and the grand magician of this impoverished land.

it's a shame so many of you do not use your common sense when making your attacks on Singapore thus making all of you fools and ignorant forummers.

Mr Sam Leong stood his ground with simple facts: Singapore moved forward with Mr Lee Kuan Yew who transformed a country, transformed a nation, moved a people from a swamp to a modern metropolis,created a world class society from a third world ghetto and marched into modern history with pride, with confidence and with prosperity ALL WITHIN ONE GENERATION!!!

nobody can compare to the achievements of Mr Lee Kuan Yew - the father and founder of Modern Singapore. without Mr Lee, all of you will still be living in attap houses with steel buckets for sewages.

we must all be grateful to Mr Lee Kuan Yew and I fully support mr sam leong for his patriotic and truthful stand on singapore. all of you have failed to prove mr sam leong wrong.

i say MAJULAH MR SAM LEONG!!! i say MAJULAH MR LEE KUAN YEW!!! i say MAJULAH SINGAPURA!!! I LOVE SINGAPORE!!!!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
precisely.
you hit the nail on the head.
majority of immigrant peasant stock were chinese.
if they were any other races , your master would have failed miserable.

Yes it was unfortunate that the immigrant peasant stock were Chinese and that's why LKY had to use knuckledusters.

Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle dusters. If you think you can hurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no other way you can govern a Chinese society. ~
  • Lee Kuan Yew on Singapore society, The Man & His Ideas, 1997

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
all of you with your intensive knowledge and scholalistic talent can't even hold a candle to Mr Sam Leong.

Well said. I have added to you your points.

Nobody can argue against the truth. The whole world recognises LKY for the brilliant statesman that he is.

Did he make mistakes? Of course he did. However, his achievements far outweigh his failures.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes it was unfortunate that the immigrant peasant stock were Chinese and that's why LKY had to use knuckledusters.

Yes it is unfortunate that some daft sheep still treats Old Fart's gobbledygook as Gospel:

[video=youtube;L2YvzIW88WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2YvzIW88WQ[/video]

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yes it is unfortunate that some daft sheep still treats Old Fart's gobbledygook as Gospel:

You're clutching at straws. The governor of HK is what is known as a patronage appointment. Chris Patten ended up in HK because he couldn't even win a seat in his own Parliament.

For a 3rd rate politician from a country in its death throes to pass judgement on a man who transformed his country from swampland to 1st world metropolis is like Fandi Ahmad passing judgement on Lionel Messi.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all your comments and arguments were demolished by pure simple facts of Mr Sam Leong who lived through the time when Mr Lee Kuan Yew was the hero and the grand magician of this impoverished land.

Mr Sam Leong stood his ground with simple facts: Singapore moved forward with Mr Lee Kuan Yew who transformed a country, transformed a nation, moved a people from a swamp to a modern metropolis,created a world class society from a third world ghetto and marched into modern history with pride, with confidence and with prosperity ALL WITHIN ONE GENERATION!!!

nobody can compare to the achievements of Mr Lee Kuan Yew - the father and founder of Modern Singapore. without Mr Lee, all of you will still be living in attap houses with steel buckets for sewages.

i say MAJULAH MR SAM LEONG!!! i say MAJULAH MR LEE KUAN YEW!!! i say MAJULAH SINGAPURA!!! I LOVE SINGAPORE!!!!!

What date was the date we joined The Federation of MALAYSIA & sang the Negara Ku, which year was our National Anthem, Majulah SINgpura, was first sang & the pledge was first said? before you start to praise some clown that purport to be from that era? what happened in SINgapore on May 13, 1969??

It was the people who believe in a government under a party by a man & worked with the group of politicians who dedicated their lives to build SINgapore, through Independence, through the times of racial uncertainty in 1969, to Economic uncertainty , when the British left, these people worked hard to build SINgapore, transforming it from a backwater STATE ( State of SINgapore) to an Independent SINGAPORE. It was not the work of one man alone, the collective effort of many, who through toil, sweat, tears & blood BUILT THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE.

That is the HISTORY... not HIS STORY...that twit, definitely were not born yet!

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're clutching at straws. The governor of HK is what is known as a patronage appointment. Chris Patten ended up in HK because he couldn't even win a seat in his own Parliament.

For a 3rd rate politician from a country in its death throes to pass judgement on a man who transformed his country from swampland to 1st world metropolis is like Fandi Ahmad passing judgement on Lionel Messi.

This is typical PAP style nonsense. When all else fails focus on the messenger instead of the message. In other words, you are clutching at straws.

Anyone can pass judgement on somebody else especially politicians. By your crap logic as a city mayor lording over an island of only 700 km2, Old Fart is not qualified to comment on world affairs. He is not even fit to pass judgment on Mayor Bloomberg of New York much less compare Xi Jin Ping who leads a country of 1.3 billion to Nelson Mandela who was President of South Africa and not mayor of Johannesburg.

Last edited: