• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

learn how to tekan policeman

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police vehicle parked illegally. The suay part is caught by Jaslyn Go:o

I am not sure how civic-conscious I am. If I see a thief, I will chase. If I see such minor, petty issues, I wouldn't.

Maybe what I deem as minor, petty, may be considered humongous in other people's context.

Why I deem it as minor, petty?
I am not sure what kind of hurt, harm a police car parking illegally can do?
As a normal citizen, if I get caught parking illegally, I get a summons and get fined. To a policeman, they were said to get harsher punishment because they are the police, know the law and yet break the law. Parking illegally in a parking lot, is not considered breaking the law, but breaking the parking rules:o

If we do look around, we do see all kinds of minor petty issues. People littering, people spitting, etc etc. I am not sure how many hundreds of letters will jaslyn write if she walks out onto the streets daily.

But one very reason I can only think of is why she wrote this letter is because its the Police and under the governance of the PAP government.

Other than that, there is a difference under civic consciousness vs an opportunity.

An opportunity masked under the pretext of civic consciousness to tekan policeman. Nope. Not to tekan but to shame.

Probably TS should write Learn how to Shame Policeman:wink:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
your posting is great!

imagine if she wasn't issued WARRANTS OF ARREST for ignoring simple illegal parking summons, would she still be interested to tekan the policemen behind the "illegally" parked vehicle?

u r right again on the "opportunity civil mindedness". now what if the policemen were doing their duty and that was the only convenient place to park their vehicle?

the intention of this complaint boiled down to PETTINESS & VENGEFULNESS. these are the kind of people who would be most vexatious to encounter.:eek: the ludicrous part is many love it that police is being tekan. the respect of the law seem a bit too defiant...but strangely, they love it!

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
your posting is gragine if she wasn't issued RRANARRESTignoring simple illegaarking summonswould se stile interesttoekan the policemen behind the "illegallarked vehir right again on the "civil min now what if the policemen were doing their duty and that was the only convenient place to park their vehie inttion of this complaint boiled down ETTINNGEFULNESSe are the kind of people who woule most vis to encou: the ludicrousrt is many love it that police is beinthe respect of the law seem a bit too defbuttrangely,love it!

PAP running dog diabetic ugly fat slob chao ah kwa with kidney disease here for the defense of your PAP masters ..... LOL

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more jaslyn goh try to tekan the police and those in the establishment, giving them things to do when actually there is nothing to do, the more she will be given much of a tekan when its her turn

do recall the fellow who went awol with his sar-21? those in the know would know what i mean when his one selfish and stupid action cause hundreds of policeman and soliders losing their off days as well as their leaves.

what goes around will come around

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wonder why there are certain factions of opposition supporters who never understand. They failed to understand that they should look at big pictures and comprehend the issue on hand.

Not to look at small pictures and try to make these small pictures become big.
That is why up till now, they can only find small things and try to talk until it becomes big.

In english we call it making a mountain out of a molehill.
In hokkien, we call it jiak pah kah eng

:o

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more jaslyn goh try to tekan the police and those in the establishment, giving them things to do when actually there is nothing to do, the more she will be given much of a tekan when its her turn

do recall the fellow who went awol with his sar-21? those in the know would know what i mean when his one selfish and stupid action cause hundreds of policeman and soliders losing their off days as well as their leaves.

what goes around will come around

If you do read her blog, not that I am amazed. But I was surprised all the nitty gritty issues to the smallest form in various government offices can be highlighted on their supposed inefficiency. Of course, she gave many countless suggestions.

It's no different years ago when I was working in MNC. My angmoh boss loves to tell us this cannot, that cannot, tell you his who and who can do better. How to make it better. But he doesn't realise that using mouth to say and doing is 2 whole prepositions altogether. :p

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somebody care enough to put together, the many small pieces, that made up the big picture of the jigsaw puzzle that is the Singapore Civil Service. It's a contribution by a doer and not a talker. How many of us can make that distinction and claim as such, of a doer and not a talker?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the distinction between doer and talker.

doer does many wrong things to allow the talker to talk about:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
another more obvious and real distinction between doer and talker.

after the doer did all the wrong things, doer goes to court, be charged, pays fines or go to jail.

the talker reads more of their craps and talk about more.:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the doer continues to do wrong. the talker keeps talking about it.

nobody ever learns anything after listening so talker keeps talking about it:cool:

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
the doeconties to do ong.he talker keeps talking about it.bdy evr learanything aft listeninso talker kes taing aboutool:

haha pondan con-man temple thief talking cock so early already.

have you talk to your PAP ah baey about your kidney dialysis discounts ... LOL

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
And sometimes you have a talker whose reputation is as worthless as a transvestite's
cancer ravaged arse doing more to reinforce that reputation.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear My

In summary however one dislikes how the PAP uses the tools of state to suppress what one views as one's god given right to freedom of speech and assembly. The PAP and the tool's of state it uses are entirely different. One's beef if they can see past the prism of anger is with the PAP and not the "tool of the state".

That said and done if that "lot" ever came to power, the police would still be needed to well police crime and order, the rubbish would still need to be cleared, taxes collected , roads built, hospitals run in short the dreary day to day business of actually having a functioning government.

If Dear sweet Miss Go had been nothing more than an ordinary citizen , then her concerns would have been dismissed and viewed as the normal complaints of people interacting with the day to day government machinery and civil servants

But Dear Sweet Miss Go is not an ordinary citizen but an activist citizen with a penchant for causes of a somewhat political nature with a know record of encounters and complaints about the police. Her sister in arms Miss Chee has a record of keeping her complaints about the police relevant to the issues at hand. I would say that looking at all the points raised, her complaints are not only personal but political in nature. I can't see any reason for anyone to comprain about how Policemen chose to take their lunch breaks.

Locke

One lord to rule them all "
'One lord to find them "
"One Lord and Empress to bring them all"
' And in darkness and spite bind them '

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Policemen are just doing their jobs to earn their keeps. Why tekan them?

You feel aggrieved when you receive a police summons, but how'd you feel if they arrest the thief or robber stealing from you or robbing you?

It's all part and parcel of the police job, and not everything's going to go your way.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
she mixes up and really thinks she's above the law. all - including mp, police, lawyers, everyone and you - must accede to her peeve or standby to be tekan.:p

by the way, what does she lovingly call u?

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
And sometimes you have a talker whose reputation is as worthless as a transvestite's
cancer ravaged arse doing more to reinforce that reputation.

Hi Locke

First, I would like to point out that my post above is open ended as far as who the intended subject, my comment was targeted at.

I would like to offer that a negative view of civil servants in the present political climate is inevitable, the recent boo boos of the past year had certainly not help matters. Additionally, service standards of the police force in routine responses had noticeably slipped, incidents which I can attest to.

Whether we chose to see with clear eyes or adopt a jaundiced view of the police, the fact that they had to follow orders, lawful or immoral depending on which side of the fence you on, inevitably attract retaliation in the form of petty complaints whenever they were seen to have committed what amount to nothing more than utilising a bit of the unofficial privilege accorded to law enforcement personnel.

I remember the great sadness I felt the first time I viewed the Youtube videos of the police surrounding and then arresting the unarmed and non violent SDP protesters outside Parliament House. No doubt among the police, there would be some who were gleefully relishing the work. But let's not forget that some could possibly be thinking what the hell were they doing and for what, other than that they were ordered to do it. And they have to return home to face their children who may asked their mum and dad what had the protesters done to be arrested in the first place.

Cheers.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear My

Whatever sadness or one's disagreements politically I believe that it should not extend to pettiness with the police outside of the issues at hand. Would you take a position that because of that "sad incident" on you tube , all policemen are bad evil, intimidating and that one should stop working with them ? Would you because of that incident fail to trust the police when say it comes to a court case on petty crime, theft , rape , would you for that matter not help the police ? We have to learn to differentiate between parts of the system and the system as a whole, being angry with the whole system because of a 'rights" issue over a small part helps no one.

Locke

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if liddat, there would be no illeegal hawkers to arrest. all hawking will be leegal and every public protesting is deem peaceful unless the inevitable happens. then what would the next tekan pattern against the police? not being to anticipate CHAOS and nip it before it happens?

SDP has all along intended "civil DISobedience", i.e, to create more rowdiness and tempers frays - the more the merrier so that more peasants can be exploited into their motive: TO HATE AND GO AGAINST THE GOV.

then what after that? overthrow the paps and usurp the throne to rule?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the great sadness I felt the first time I viewed the Youtube videos of the police surrounding and then arresting the unarmed and non violent SDP protesters outside Parliament House. No doubt among the police, there would be some who were gleefully relishing the work. But let's not forget that some could possibly be thinking what the hell were they doing and for what, other than that they were ordered to do it. And they have to return home to face their children who may asked their mum and dad what had the protesters done to be arrested in the first place.

Cheers.

did u look through the whole vidoe or were u just selective watching?

the SDP protestors were given a choice to leave or get arrested. they choose to get arrested.

y should u feel sadness over the action of others? were u one of those arrested as well?

go and attend a few of SDP's rallies and demostration outside hong lim park and u will realised the police were just doing their jobs.

end of the day, whether shit happens or not, ppl like u and SDP would still blame the police.