• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

learn how to tekan policeman

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically it seems that the essence of my post did not pass scrutiny. Didn't I say that they were only following orders? Did I not point out the pettiness of a complaint over something minor. The sadness reflected was not over the arrests. It was over the fact that they have to do what others may see to be distasteful. That the quarrel between different ideologies of two camps of a nation had led them to their job whatever their reservations. They are human too in case it's forgotten, with their own perceptions and prejudices. My remarks about service standards are personal experiences as well as reports from the media. It is one of disappointment and loss of confidence and not of disdain. How can it be when I was one of them for a short period.
I had known and admired many good officers but had encountered many that I've prayed they would not cause too much damage all round.
I hope this clears things up. Yes, I agree they should not be swept in as part of the political quarrels but will there be honour among adversaries to play by those rules?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sadness reflected was not over the arrests. It was over the fact that they have to do what others may see to be distasteful. That the quarrel between different ideologies of two camps of a nation had led them to their job whatever their reservations. They are human too in case it's forgotten, with their own perceptions and prejudices.

Actually I understand where your sadness comes from. The underdogs will always tend to get their sympathies.

However, I believe the situation then was that the protestors were told to leave. If not, they were have to risk being arrested. Honestly, election is not here yet, so what right have the protestors had to hold protests outside Parliament House. Do you want to see things get out of hand just like what you see in Bangkok currently?

If the police do not step in to do their jobs, another set of people will question, why these protestors can be allowed to protest at Parliament House. One side see it as distasteful, the other side don't.

So, they were warned, risk be arrested if you don't leave. Talk nicely, people don't listen. Sometimes these protestors just want to test the law. That is why they refused to leave and want to challenge the Police to arrest them if they dare.
Personally, if I am loitering at istana and told to leave or risk being arrested. If I refuse, don't you think I am trying to test their authority.

On a side note, no offence. Obviously the Police treat the protestors as humans. If they do not treat them as humans, the SPCA would be called in instead. :o

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think her brashfulness was graduated from sbf. just look at how she could tekan other forummers behind their backs. since it worked there, she tot it could work also in the real world. she has no qualm to bring on suffering to innocent mata kias who might be just wanna to be professional law keepers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just in case that thread abruptly gets deleted, locked it :

Forum Management - How do we report violations of host? Subscribe
To: ALL (1 of 3)

how do we report forum host who post private details of forumers in their own forums??

Options Reply

To: LaMei (2 of 3)

43256.2 in reply to 43256.1

You can email a report to [email protected]. Please don't post any details here.

Cstar
Delphi Forums

Options Reply

To: Cstar1 (3 of 3)

43256.3 in reply to 43256.2

thank you :-)

LaMei

what that followed, i guess those who were suddenly banned roughly know the answers now. i just found out mine already

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaha....BE KIND TO ANIMALS!!:biggrin:

fucking bapok coward ...

bo lumpar dared not pick up phone call

got to ask your old mama to do it for you

then ran and hide under your old mama's skirt and lau sai!

you got someone knock at your bedroom window you ran and hide

under your old mama's skirt also!

bo lumpar you ask your old mama to dial mata chu

choa ah kwa bo lumpar ... LOL

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear My

In summary however one dislikes how the PAP uses the tools of state to suppress what one views as one's god given right to freedom of speech and assembly. The PAP and the tool's of state it uses are entirely different. One's beef if they can see past the prism of anger is with the PAP and not the "tool of the state".

That said and done if that "lot" ever came to power, the police would still be needed to well police crime and order, the rubbish would still need to be cleared, taxes collected , roads built, hospitals run in short the dreary day to day business of actually having a functioning government.

If Dear sweet Miss Go had been nothing more than an ordinary citizen , then her concerns would have been dismissed and viewed as the normal complaints of people interacting with the day to day government machinery and civil servants

But Dear Sweet Miss Go is not an ordinary citizen but an activist citizen with a penchant for causes of a somewhat political nature with a know record of encounters and complaints about the police. Her sister in arms Miss Chee has a record of keeping her complaints about the police relevant to the issues at hand. I would say that looking at all the points raised, her complaints are not only personal but political in nature. I can't see any reason for anyone to comprain about how Policemen chose to take their lunch breaks.

Locke

It is interesting to note how time and time again Mr Wordsmith Locke would take potshots at "activists".

In the first place i have never complained about policemen's lunch breaks. As a wordsmith you ought to be able to read my complaints properly. I cant help but conclude that you have an issue with me which is why renders you unable to think logically before resorting to unjustified snide remarks which only embarrass yourself in the end.

The recent F1 is a good example. My posting was about the F1's inconvenience by closing off the road cause to road users to which you rant on about because I am a driver. I corrected you that it was the delivery driver whom i was speaking up for.

Just like i am an activist, do bear in mind Mr Wordsmith that as a known Worker's Party Member, you are not an "ordinary citizen" and your words actions directly impact the image of the party you belong to.

The attention seeker who started this thread does not have any responsibility towards any party, and why do you lower yourself to his level?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear La Mei

Hmm so does being an activists or a party member makes one immune somehow to comment because one is above it all ? I take no issue at all with all else that you have done and I would say that yes Singaporeans need more politically aware and active citizens like you. People have disagreed slimed and threatened me on the net and I take it as part and parcel of democracy , I would suggest humbly that as a proponent for " rights " you will defend my right to disagree with you over some actions just as much as you may disagree or dislike me.

You comprained about the policemen breaking the law in order to have a lunch break. You view it as a legitimate complaint about policement delibrately flouting the law, my view is to the opposite, that it remains a zi ma lui do, " or pick on small beans" complaint about ordinary policemen trying to do their job.My view is to the opposite and that as a publicized and known activists, your actions as I have disagreed with have to taken into that context.

My dear jaslyn, I would say the degree of publicity and PR awarded to you as an activists humbly exceeds that of me. I am an unknown party member, just one of many with a viewpoint which I articulate. If I was somebody your viewpoint might be true but I remain a humble nobody and in no way seek to be a somebody.

I am subject to party discipline and clone's have already I suspect opened a complain file on me an inch thick. But do keep in mind that as a nobody I have less impact on a the parties image then say YSL or even GMS. Of course there will be many "clones" out there who will seek to threaten bully etc Swiftboat me to destroy the party but that is of course an unrelated unfortunate series of uncanny coincidences.

Cheers

Locke

One lord to rule them all "
' One lord to find them "
" One Lord and Empress to bring them all"
' And in darkness and spite bind them

Last edited:

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear La Mei

You comprained about the policemen breaking the law in order to have a lunch break. You view it as a legitimate complaint about policement delibrately flouting the law, my view is to the opposite, that it remains a zi ma lui do, " or pick on small beans" complaint about ordinary policemen trying to do their job.My view is to the opposite and that as a publicized and known activists, your actions as I have disagreed with have to taken into that context.

I am subject to party discipline and clone's have already I suspect opened a complain file on me an inch thick. But do keep in mind that as a nobody I have less impact on a the parties image then say YSL or even GMS. Of course there will be many "clones" out there who will seek to threaten bully etc Swiftboat me to destroy the party but that is of course an unrelated unfortunate series of uncanny coincidences.

Cheers

Locke

Mr Wordsmith Locke..

It is ok to disagree me, I have no issue with that. However, to deliberately misinterpret me time and again is unbecoming of a wordsmith and more akin to that of an attention seeker..

First and foremost, the police stated that the onus lies on the drivers and owners of the motor car to ensure that sufficient coupons is/are displayed when parking his/her vehicle in public car parks (URA/HDB)...

By showing the pictures of off duty police parking in the season parking lots, I am merely asking the police to walk the talk. You can disagree with my actions, but at least get the facts right..

Last but not least my dear Marcus, perhaps you should cut the crap about people wanting to destroy your party because by now we all should know that only the establishment has the power to do that, and they would not want to do so as your party is agreeable with theirs as most of us can see..

if Clones and swiftboaters as what you claim are capable of destroying the party, then I would say your party is not very strong to start with..

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
locke,

this forum is to DE-STRES, share opinions, target victims, trolls hunting and tuned into juicy urbanites tales.

if people or worst sensible political parties were to derive info here to censor, lecture or punish party members, all there would be left in that party would be zombies ...yes, mindless YES-MAN zombies.

just like people would stubbornly stick onto to lies when the truth is out...and smear the truth with their lies to make their lies more realistically "trueful". many would be so confused. lies appear to be truth and vice versa.

to confirm what is lie and what is truth, the peasants' supports should be the best indicator and the voting result would confirm everything in due course.

so take it easy and have fun!:biggrin:

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal

to confirm what is lie and what is truth, the peasants' supports should be the best indicator and the voting result would confirm everything in due course.

Long live PAP..

You must be doing something RIGHT for peasants to vote you in again and again..

All Hail the PAPies..

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear La

Your own words as appended from your blog. You complained about the manner in which then policemen took their lunch breaks. You can argue like an insistent petty parrot that the police should walk the walk and talk the talk and take their lunch breaks in a legal manner. My argument is that if you seek to discredit the police with regards to their inability to do their job in a legal manner then there are better issues then whether they legally take their lunch breaks or not. There will be no end and I suspect in due course you might soon complain about candid camera style a policeman illegally smoking, illegally throwing litter or illegally crossing the road.

I again thank you for my concern for how I may be discrediting or not my party. As stated I am just a nobody and a nobody who does not want to be somebody. You may chose to see my views it as crap but I certainly chose to see it as malignant and lacking in good taste and will describe it as such. Honestly whether I am around in another year or two with my current party or a new party does not really matter. All that matters really is a sense of decency and kindness in how things even things with regards to over arching political ambition are done.

Locke

"Last but not least, attached a picture taken of police vehicle parking illegally in the season parking lots meant for residents. This picture was taken on the 27 June 2008. Clearly the police has violated the parking rules, and I would like to point out that this is not the first time I have seen police vehicle parking in season parking lots meant for resident, while they buy breakfast / lunch / dinner from ABC hawker centre.
Now, can we have URA and police walking the talk and prove to citizens that no special consession will be given to anyone as long as a offense is committed "

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear La

Your own words as appended from your blog.

I again thank you for my concern for how I may be discrediting or not my party. As stated I am just a nobody and a nobody who does not want to be somebody. You may chose to see my views it as crap but I certainly chose to see it as malignant and lacking in good taste and will describe it as such. Honestly whether I am around in another year or two with my current party or a new party does not really matter. All that matters really is a sense of decency and kindness in how things even things with regards to over arching political ambition are done.

Locke

Hi Mr Wordsmith Locke..

guess I overestimated your ability to comprehend simple O level English and your labelling of me as being petty, well, I guess in that sense I do have to agree with you, coz unlike you and your party who are always gracious in singing out praises to the establishment, I agree that I am petty.

Oh..and about nobody..anybody..somebody..it is not what you want, it what people perceive from what you have done..

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mr Wordsmith Locke..

guess I overestimated your ability to comprehend simple O level English and your labelling of me as being petty, well, I guess in that sense I do have to agree with you, coz unlike you and your party who are always gracious in singing out praises to the establishment, I agree that I am petty.

Oh..and about nobody..anybody..somebody..it is not what you want,it what people perceive from what you have done..

Actually from the sidelines as to what I read,

I tend to agree with Mr lockeliberal.

Your true intentions, only you know best.:wink:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear La

Your English as ever is simple and clear as is your intent. I have disagreed with my party over issues and will continue to disagree, likewise I will disagree with the PAP but the disagreements are not the " if the PAP says the world is round, I shall say the earth is flat" sort of agreement. A pragmatists and apologist, etc etc labels do not matter.

I find myself agreeing with you that "perception of what you have done" is of course more important than reality.But I find myself in the differing position of not caring hoots about perceptions of what I have done politically or economically or socially. GMS perhaps cares a little to much hence he is an easy wind up and he is a bit of a windbag at times. You care a lot about "public perceptions" of you as you seek to be in the public eye. Let's just say that others are as aware as you are of political spinning and twisting and of the darker side of political asassination.

And for what its worth I do not clone :_)) Can't speak for everyone else.

Locke

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long live PAP..

You must be doing something RIGHT for peasants to vote you in again and again..

All Hail the PAPies..

when messiah chee failed in every election, it's so much easier to blame the paps than himself. if he continues doing so, the next round, he can continue to blame the paps again.

peasants had voted JBJ, cst even after he left SDP, ltk (even after JBJ left) and some others dubious character from SDP durinng chiam's presence. do peasants support chee? go check the polling statistics...ya, u may also wanna blame the paps again.

BLAME EVERY BAD THINGS ON THE PAPS...AND EVERY GOOD THINGS IS THE RESULT OF CHEE and maybe F4's action. that's what losers and whiners are good at : BLAME THE ENTIRE WORLD BUT THEMSELVES.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ABC market has long been equipped with ERP system of parking which allows 5 minute free parking and charges on every minutes parking time. (it's now fairer and cheaper to park there without the anxiety of coupon time expiry.)

summon issued to illegal parking is still applicable even though one might have successfully beeped and passed through the ERP parking barrier.