• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Lao Teekoo Jackie Chan Gets Movie Industry Lifetime Award

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jackie Chan, a ‘true pioneer and legend’, is getting a lifetime achievement Oscar

Hong Kong action movie star Jackie Chan is due to receive a lifetime achievement Oscar, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Thursday, to recognise a glittering career that has seen him become a cultural icon.

The 62-year-old martial artist, known for his comic timing and acrobatic fighting style, has appeared in more than 150 movies since becoming a child actor in Hong Kong in the 1960s. Jackie Chan will receive his Oscar statuette at the annual Governors Awards ceremony in November. Photo: APJackie Chan will receive his Oscar statuette at the annual Governors Awards ceremony in November. Photo: AP

Film editor Anne Coates, casting director Lynn Stalmaster and documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman will also be awarded honorary Oscar statuettes at the Academy’s 8th Annual Governors Awards in November.

Will Jackie Chan, Fan Bingbing be any less rich? China to limit actors’ ‘astronomical pay’

“The honorary award was created for artists like Jackie Chan, Anne Coates, Lynn Stalmaster and Frederick Wiseman - true pioneers and legends in their crafts,” said Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs. Jackie Chan holds aloft his Action Direction Award at the eighth Hong Kong Film Awards in 1989, as late star Leslie Cheung Kwok-wing looks on. Photo: SCMP PictureJackie Chan holds aloft his Action Direction Award at the eighth Hong Kong Film Awards in 1989, as late star Leslie Cheung Kwok-wing looks on. Photo: SCMP PictureActor Jackie Chan poses for the cameras at the announcement of the beginning of production for the science fiction action film Bleeding Steel in Sydney, Australia, on July 28. Photo: ReutersActor Jackie Chan poses for the cameras at the announcement of the beginning of production for the science fiction action film Bleeding Steel in Sydney, Australia, on July 28. Photo: Reuters

Chan’s Hollywood breakthrough came with Rumble in the Bronx in 1996, and he has gone on to be become a global star through the Rush Hour movies, Shanghai Noon, The Karate Kid and the Kung Fu Panda series of animated films.

In August, he was ranked the second-highest paid actor in the world by Forbes with estimated 2016 earnings of $61 million, just below Fast and Furious star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Coates, who is 90 and lives in England, won an Oscar for her work on David Lean’s “Lawrence of Arabia” and in more than 60 years as a film editor has collaborated with some of the industry’s most acclaimed directors.

Jackie Chan says he feels ashamed of son’s drug abuse

Stalmaster, 88, a one-time stage and screen actor from Omaha, Nebraska, began working in casting in the mid-1950s and has signed up talent for more than 200 films, including “The Graduate,” “Deliverance” and “Tootsie.”Australian actress Nicole Kidman with Jackie Chan at the Huading Awards ceremony in Macau in 2013. Photo: ReutersSuperstar Jackie Chan (right) putting on make-up in preparation for filming in 1986. Photo: SCMP Picture

China's President Xi Jinping (right) speaks to Jackie Chan (second left) during a creative industry event at Lancaster House in London. Looking on is Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton. Photo: ReutersWiseman, 86, has made a film almost every year since 1967, starting with the “Titicut Follies,” which went behind the scenes at Bridgewater State Hospital for the criminally insane.

The Governors Awards were created as a separate event in 2009 to allow more space for the honorees to accept their statuettes and to declutter the main show’s packed schedule.

Previous winners of honorary Oscars include Lauren Bacall, Francis Ford Coppola, Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie and Spike Lee.

Additional reporting by Reuters

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A lifetime achievement for behaving like a clown on screen??? :rolleyes:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did he on Sarah Chen back then after their duet, 明明白白我的心?

[video=youtube;JRs-oGQVfNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRs-oGQVfNg[/video]

jw5

Loyal

This is a terrible song, very soppy. :biggrin:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lifetime achievement for behaving like a clown on screen??? :rolleyes:

Somehow I got the feeling you do not like the clown...

Me too... His stench follow him wherever he goes..when his show is on, i switch channel to any old documentary instead.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a terrible song, very soppy. :biggrin:
Yes, I agree it's soppy, but the melody (by 李宗盛) is catchy enough, in my opinion. :o
Anyway, here's his duet with 梁静茹, one of my favourite female Mandarin pop singers:

[video=youtube;ZbBBDHjT1Eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbBBDHjT1Eg[/video]

By the way, whenever I listen to pop songs or any other kind of song, I usually care about the melody only, simply because lyrics (regardless of language) are just sounds to make the melody sound even nicer. :smile:

In my opinion, those who care a lot about the meaning of the lyrics would be better off just reading them as a poem, simply because the music would distract them from meditating on the meaning of the lyrics. :wink:

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is a body stunt double isnt it?autotune didnt exist back then,theres no way jackie chan can sing like that?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oscar for jackie chan's shit films?even arnold swartz movies are way more original and iconic than his string of popcorn trash movies ever since he came to the west.even leonardo di capri doesnt get a oscar and he gets one?leonardo di caprio acted in legendary movies besides that titanic trash.....shutter island,inception,departed,wolf of wall street,gangs of new york.his acting is on a whole different interstellar level from jackie.the ang mohs must be sucking some chink dicks hard.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
even leonardo di capri doesnt get a oscar and he gets one?leonardo di caprio acted in legendary movies besides that titanic trash.....shutter island,inception,departed,wolf of wall street,gangs of new york.
Yes, Leo DiCaprio is also one of my favourite US actors, and I used to wonder why he did not win for "The Departed" (in fact, he wasn't even nominated) nearly ten years ago, but he finally won for "The Revenant" earlier this year:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List of awards and nominations received by Leonardo DiCaprio#Academy Awards

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, Leo DiCaprio is also one of my favourite US actors, and I used to wonder why he did not win for "The Departed" (in fact, he wasn't even nominated) nearly ten years ago, but he finally won for "The Revenant" earlier this year:
wikipedia.org/wiki/List of awards and nominations received by Leonardo DiCaprio#Academy Awards

Leo is still young. Good for him.
Paul Newman did not get his oscar till late in life.
Sly Stallone should lobby for one since now even his pal teeko Jack can get one.
Ok it's an honorary one but still teeko Jack is in esteem company that's way way out of his league.

jw5

Loyal
Yes, I agree it's soppy, but the melody (by 李宗盛) is catchy enough, in my opinion. :o
Anyway, here's his duet with 梁静茹, one of my favourite female Mandarin pop singers:

[video=youtube;ZbBBDHjT1Eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbBBDHjT1Eg[/video]

By the way, whenever I listen to pop songs or any other kind of song, I usually care about the melody only, simply because lyrics (regardless of language) are just sounds to make the melody sound even nicer. :smile:

In my opinion, those who care a lot about the meaning of the lyrics would be better off just reading them as a poem, simply because the music would distract them from meditating on the meaning of the lyrics. :wink:

Not only soppy lyrics, lousy melody also, too simple. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is a body stunt double isnt it?autotune didnt exist back then,theres no way jackie chan can sing like that?

Back in the days HK celebs whether they were actors/action stars/singers etc did everything. They hosted,sang, acted unlike hollywood whereby singers remained singers and the same for actors that's why you don't see say robert deniro cutting an album. Ah chan has a few songs and possibly an album or 2 under his belt. Peeps like aaron kwok, andy lau etc have movies and albums under their names.