• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kumgong Ah Neh couple came to world most expensive city for honeymoon for 2 weeks only with $1000 cash...Why do we need these poor tourists?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
have lah. i remember hanging around the temple on waterloo street, and there were beggars sitting on the floor outside the temple begging for handouts.

this one in early 60s. there were some old folks sitting around to rest as it was crowded with no benches nor stools around, but for sure there were beggars calling out for help and sticking their hands out. old ah por ladies (literally ah poor) who stayed and sat around with baskets in arm were actually begging, but i usually gave them the benefit of a doubt about them being tired and needing to sit down.
View attachment 80047
this poor ah por was way before my existence at raffles place. must be a 50s photo from the make and model of the car.
View attachment 80055

this one in early 80s. i think 82 as it was then newly constructed from the century old kwan im temple (above). could see ah peks begging at the exit or side gate. cum out the exit and kena ambushed for money. pai seh must give. otherwise kwan im (the virgin) would frown on you.
View attachment 80049
don't we often miss the forest for the wood ?...meaning ,if I said ,nooo, I am not gonna do it in a million years ..that does not mean I actually have million yesrs to live too...so the spirit and the metaphor of the wordings with the motive and intend must be taken into account or we all be arguing for argument sake

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't we often miss the forest for the wood ?...meaning ,if I said ,nooo, I am not gonna do it in a million years ..that does not mean I actually have million yesrs to live too...so the spirit and the metaphor of the wordings with the motive and intend must be taken into account or we all be arguing for argument sake
no need write so much or 2 replies to overcompensate. already understand the context in 1st reply. picture tells a thousand words. but sometimes they can be misleading unless personal accounts can corroborate. on the internet the wealth and trove of info are retrievable and viewable like instant microfiche.

Last edited: