• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Krafty Huat Ah!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
<dt class="first">Taxi from Changi Airport to Jurong West $82 :eek: :*:
No wonder Alamaking want to buy car :o :p

日期:</dt><dd>13/01/2012</dd><dt class="first">新闻来源:</dt><dd>新明日报</dd><dt class="first">记者:</dt><dd>王翊颀</dd><!-- END mediactrl --><!-- story title -->[h=1]机场到裕廊西 德士车资82元[/h]
<!-- END story title --><!-- story -->经理从机场搭德士回家,结果需要付80多元。

<!--end border-->
<!--end storyhighlight--><!-- ~RENDER PAGE MARKER~ --><!-- CONTENT : start -->男经理刚从葡萄牙乘搭27个小时的班机返新,深感疲倦,于是从樟宜机场第三搭客大厦,乘坐德士回裕廊西的住家,怎料德士收费高达82元5角9分,让他大感惊讶。82元的德士费,可让他买一张廉价航空的飞机票,从新加坡飞到菲律宾的宿雾(Cebu)。

这名男子马德凡(63岁)表示,他被分派到SMRT的Chrysler超级豪华德士。

他上车时并不知道,Chrysler德士的收费,比其他德士来得高。

由于高速公路交通繁忙,德士司机于是选用了东海岸路,可是到了诺曼顿园时,还是碰到交通阻塞。经理虽然傍晚6时07分就上德士,但是晚上7时34分才抵达他位于西林弯的住家。

完整报道,请翻阅13.01.2012《新明日报》。

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$82 sin dollars for taxi from changi airport to jurong east on SMRT chrysler? The sum dun add up, we need an taxi expert here to explain to us, singapore taxi too complex compare to other countries. In Japan, they have a fixed rate night and day. In singapore, you have peak surcharge, midnight surcharge, airport surcharge, City area surcharge and ERP.

calculate for normal taxi - does not add up to 82 dollars!
Estimated Fare using meter at 03:57
Distance: 34.93 km. | Duration: 34 min.
first km S$2.80
10.0 km. x S$0.52 per km S$5.19
23.93 km. x S$0.61 per km S$14.51
waiting in traffic (~6 min.) S$1.69
midnight surcharge S$12.10
Changi Airport & Changi Air Freight Centre S$3.00
Total S$39.29

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$82 sin dollars for taxi from changi airport to jurong east on SMRT chrysler? The sum dun add up, we need an taxi expert here to explain to us, singapore taxi too complex compare to other countries. In Japan, they have a fixed rate night and day. In singapore, you have peak surcharge, midnight surcharge, airport surcharge, City area surcharge and ERP.

calculate for normal taxi - does not add up to 82 dollars!
Estimated Fare using meter at 03:57
Distance: 34.93 km. | Duration: 34 min.
first km S$2.80
10.0 km. x S$0.52 per km S$5.19
23.93 km. x S$0.61 per km S$14.51
waiting in traffic (~6 min.) S$1.69
midnight surcharge S$12.10
Changi Airport & Changi Air Freight Centre S$3.00
Total S$39.29

You wrong!
Changi Airport to Jurong West/NTU is about 45km~50km.
For normal TAXI/Crown
Per km about $0.65/km 1st 10km after that $0.70
For Crysler is about 50% more. Eg. if Toyota crown $50 then Crysler taxi will be $75.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You wrong!
Changi Airport to Jurong West/NTU is about 45km~50km.
For normal TAXI/Crown
Per km about $0.65/km 1st 10km after that $0.70
For Crysler is about 50% more. Eg. if Toyota crown $50 then Crysler taxi will be $75.

according to smrt website, chrysler is most expensive but only about 1/3 more about 33%, not 50% as stated as you.

I taken the crysler taxi before, i barely feel any difference with normal cabs, because the trip depend on traffic and the driver, some driver take some ulu route and higher than average.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changi Airport to Jurong West/NTU is about 45km~50km

I think Singveld estimate more correct. The longest PIE only 30km Changi to Boon Lay. Plus a few km outside PIE most 35km. How to drive 45-50km in Sg unless anyhow round and round?

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Singveld estimate more correct. The longest PIE only 30km Changi to Boon Lay. Plus a few km outside PIE most 35km. How to drive 45-50km in Sg unless anyhow round and round?

Please check the MAP. PIE is about 40km. There no direct Changi using PIE to Jurong West.
Normally will use ECP and AYE.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please check the MAP. PIE is about 40km. There no direct Changi using PIE to Jurong West.

40 km is only 5 km more than my estimate, still it is no where near 82 dollars if chrysler only 1/3 more expensive than normal cab.

actually it is very hard to choose taxi when you are in the line at the airport, you must have very thick skin to reject it. How many of you will reject chrysler taxi in a long taxi queue? I won't.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

OK I underestimate. PIE official 35km I check map. I always think it 31 or 32km when I drive sometime I look at milestone never exceed 33. But who drive whole length of PIE Changi to Boon Lay unless live in Boon Lay? Many good exit for Jurong West. I still think the cabbie is rounding about to up meter fare.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singveld said:
40 km is only 5 km more than my estimate, still it is no where near 82 dollars if chrysler only 1/3 more expensive than normal cab.

actually it is very hard to choose taxi when you are in the line at the airport, you must have very thick skin to reject it. How many of you will reject chrysler taxi in a long taxi queue? I won't.

You must apply more traffic waiting time.

M

Mdm Tang

the passenger just trying his luck.

this way when he do his transport claim

the finance dept will not query.

plus he got a good enjoyable ride

home. He is no babe in the park ...:smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,

consumer preference is king, every consumer have every right to choose what kind of services he or she so desires.
you don't just go to a fish tank and take any fish shoved in your face because there's a long queue behind you, do you?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,

consumer preference is king, every consumer have every right to choose what kind of services he or she so desires.
you don't just go to a fish tank and take any fish shoved in your face because there's a long queue behind you, do you?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i rather not, i got enough money to pay taxi driver, i am not looking for bargains, if you would reject the Chrysler taxi, i can respect that. but not for me. I paisei leh.

anyway, i think it is rubbish for singapore taxi company to put chrysler car as number 1. I drove chrysler car in USA rental, their car is made of cheapest crap interior, i have little respect for chrysler. Ok, the one in singapore fully kit out inside. So, if i would to get a proton and fully kit it out, can i raise the price? Chrysler is like proton in USA.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can reject Crysler. Cryser and Limo(Merc) taxi have different Q. The airport person who guard the taxi stand should boot the taxi out.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can reject Crysler. Cryser and Limo(Merc) taxi have different Q. The airport person who guard the taxi stand should boot the taxi out.

i know, but paisei leh, the driver have to wear a tie all day, working hard to feed his family, 33% more is still much cheaper than the taxi i taken in Japan. God that is expensive. The meter jump like the slot machine.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know, but paisei leh, the driver have to wear a tie all day, working hard to feed his family, 33% more is still much cheaper than the taxi i taken in Japan. God that is expensive. The meter jump like the slot machine.

Average Crysler fare is about 50% extra. You have to included the flag down price. Is not 1/3 extra.
Those take Crysler and Toyota crown will know the different on the same route.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Average Crysler fare is about 50% extra. You have to included the flag down price. Is not 1/3 extra.
Those take Crysler and Toyota crown will know the different on the same route.

yeah i did that, but the crown taxi, sometime, the old one, can clock up similar sum of money for the same route as chrysler.
Some strange taxi driver driving a strange route or their meter go faster than other.
I did not feel that it is 50% more, it must be an urban myth. In fact i heard the crown taxi driver talk about 50% more.
But it is not my experience taking taxi on the same route.

I clock up about 130 trips last year, only meet 1 or 2 chrysler.