• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman Claims She Was Stopped From Drinking Water From Own Bottle At Kopitiam, Boss Says It’s Common Practice

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

食客诉:自带白开水在咖啡店喝被阻​

杨量而

/
新明日报

发布 /
2023年7月12日 03:00 PM
咖啡店贴着禁止自带食物和饮料到咖啡店的告示。(杨量而摄)

咖啡店贴着禁止自带食物和饮料到咖啡店的告示。(杨量而摄)

file7r1c7jhj0s31dp9uaz5q_1.jpg
陈女士出示她随身携带的水瓶和药物。(受访者提供)

食客申诉,自带白开水到咖啡店,用餐后喝口水准备吃药,却被茶水摊员工阻止。咖啡店老板娘则指,白开水也算是从外面带进的饮料,经营咖啡店需要成本。

读者陈女士(62岁)申诉,星期一(7月10日)到奎因街(Queen Street)一带的一家咖啡店用餐,当时她把水壶放在桌上,饭后喝水时被茶水摊位的员工劝阻。

“我知道自带饮料到咖啡店不行,可这是白开水。我光顾这咖啡店好几次了,是第一次遇到这种情况。”

她说,因为年纪大了,有些病痛要吃药,所以平时都会自带白开水,并非故意带来咖啡店泡茶或泡咖啡。

记者走访咖啡店时,观察到咖啡店到处都贴着禁止从外面带进食物和饮料的告示。

茶水摊员工受访说,咖啡店一向来就有这规定,若顾客自带水壶,他们会提醒顾客至少不要放在桌上。“我们都好声好气提醒,当然有时也会遇到不高兴的顾客。”

咖啡店老板娘李太太解释道,咖啡店不是小贩中心,算是私人经营的场所,所有租金、人工都是成本,因此不允许带进食物和饮料。“白开水要算的话,也是外面带来的饮料,不过员工可能当时看到有水壶才提醒,也没解释太多,食客才会不满。”

她表示,明白有些上了年纪的顾客饭后需要吃药,若是他们来要白开水,其实自己也会免费给予。

完整报道,请翻阅2023年7月12日的《新明日报》。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20230712-1413047

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

SG Woman Claims She Was Stopped From Drinking Water From Own Bottle At Kopitiam, Boss Says It’s Common Practice

Thoughts?
BILLY YAP
JULY 14, 2023

Sg woman claims she was stopped from drinking water from own bottle at kopitiam, boss says it's common practice | weirdkaya
Cover image via Shin Min Daily News

Most kopitiams would often discourage or prohibit customers from bringing in food and beverages that they bought elsewhere. But does it apply to one’s own utensils or bottles?​

This seemed to be the case for a woman in Singapore, who expressed dissatisfaction over not being allowed to drink water from her own bottle while patronising a kopitiam.

Sg woman claims she was stopped from drinking water from own bottle at kopitiam, boss says it's common practice | weirdkaya
Photo via Wikipedia

SG woman claims she was stopped from drinking water from own bottle​

Speaking to Shin Min Daily News about the incident, 62-year-old Chen (transliteration) said she went to a kopitiam located at Queen Street to have a meal on Monday (July 10).

After finishing her food, she took out a water bottle she had taken to the coffee shop and wanted to drink it along with her medication.

Before she could take a sip, a staff approached her and told her that she couldn’t do so.

Sg woman claims she was stopped from drinking water from own bottle at kopitiam, boss says it's common practice
Photo via Shin Min Daily News

This left Chen visibly confused as this was the first time she was stopped from drinking water from her own bottle.

“I’m of age already and need to take my medications. As such, I often bring my own water bottle with me wherever I go.
“I’ve visited the coffee shop several times and this is the first time that I’ve been stopped from drinking water,” she said.

Kopitiam boss explains​

When a reporter from Shin Min Daily News asked a drinks stall owner about the incident, it was revealed that the practice of stopping customers from having their own drinks has been around for some time.

Sg woman claims she was stopped from drinking water from own bottle at kopitiam, boss says it's common practice
Photo via Shin Min Daily News

The drinks stall owner also added that staff would often remind customers not to place their water bottles on top of the table.

As for the coffee shop owner, she said that the place was privately owned and she had to consider other expenses such as rent and employee wages, which is the reason why they discourage customers from bringing their own food and beverages.

She also said that while she understands some elderly customers need water to go with their medications, she said staff will be happy to give it to them for free if they ask for it.

https://weirdkaya.com/sg-woman-claims-she-was-stopped-from-drinking-water-from-own-bottle/

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other day, I was stop from drinking in a store. I told her why? She say yesterday one guy drink and spill on the floor, and point to the same no drinking and eating sign.

I told her that guy is not me, and I continue drinking. Not happy call police lah, I wait for police to come.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can step outside of the coffee side, drink water, and go back in again.
And this time, sit long long, since already paid for food.

Alfrescian
Loyal
house rules is house rules. not happy go next door.

for this coffee shop in particular, I am more worried about the old assistant with the empress dowager finger nails... yucks
...the tiong and viet staff are very polite though..

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
house rules is house rules. not happy go next door.

for this coffee shop in particular, I am more worried about the old assistant with the empress dowager finger nails... yucks
...the tiong and viet staff are very polite though..
i enjoy going against their stupid shop rules. call the police if not happy, i sit there and wait for police to come.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other day, I was stop from drinking in a store. I told her why? She say yesterday one guy drink and spill on the floor, and point to the same no drinking and eating sign.

I told her that guy is not me, and I continue drinking. Not happy call police lah, I wait for police to come.
Nowadays drinks vendors are getting more kuai lan in foodcourts or coffeeshops. One day they sure got bashed up by angry customers.
Yesterday I bought a cup of coffee-- $1.30 .I asked for extra teaspoon of sugar and pushed the cup of coffee-o near to the cash register.She put extra teaspoon sugar to my coffee-O and then mumbled don't put my cup of coffee-o there as the area was spilled with water by someone yesterday. I stared at her don't know what she talking and just walked away.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking dumb Sinkie, no money still wants to go to food centre. Xia suay. Occupying paying customers' seats and ruined the ambience for foreigners.