• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

know what? my browser now - FIREFOX 5.0

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big deal!

For version 4.01 many add ons are still incompatible.

And the plugin-container (to support various flash videos) which slows down the browser are still present.

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big deal!

For version 4.01 many add ons are still incompatible.

And the plugin-container (to support various flash videos) which slows down the browser are still present.

My plugin for flash and other videos works, never noticed any issue. I use Linux.

I don't face any MS issues.:wink:

I would however install extra plugins just to block FLASH, because I hate these advertisements that made noises and play animations. Try Flash Block plug-in. Only flash that you chose will play, the rest will be blocked by default. You can even delete away any flash on the page.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will wait to upgrade.
Internet Download Manager must be compatible with Firefox for me. that's all.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chrome is fast but addons are very very limited.

My firefox 3.6x 4.x 5.x all faster than my chrome. I use both.

Now I started to recall that 3.6x to 4.0 upgrade did gave me some issue with flash but I just fiddled with it a while and worked already. It was sometime before the GE, that I almost lost my memories of that. 5.0 just worked without I realised it was 5.0

What happened, 2 days back Linux offered me a big collection of latest updates, including firefox, I assumed it was a minor version change, never bother to check details, I just upgraded whole lot. And applied this to more than one system, everyone used as per normal, I didn't notice was a major version upgrade. Only this morning, in a telephone conversion, I instructed someone to click this & that, I heard "Ok now firefox 5.0 opened up..." I asked "sure it's 5.0 or not?" as I checked my own browser, indeed was 5.0 :p

I only installed java-plugin and flash and flash block & in one system flash-got and nothing else.

Remember that plug-ins are separately developed. Not originally a part of the firefox. They are independent developments, you can freely install and uninstall them. Don't view them as an integral part of browser.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember that plug-ins are separately developed. Not originally a part of the firefox. They are independent developments, you can freely install and uninstall them. Don't view them as an integral part of browser.

It won't be favorable to addon freaks like BusNo64. :biggrin:

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
It won't be favorable to addon freaks like BusNo64. :biggrin:

Users must have what they need, but don't be to fancy.

Addon developers have huge problems these days to catch up with rapid browser developments. Before they can complete one version it is phased out again. They will never be able to catch up. Open source drives development business to rocket speed.

If you depend on too many plugins, you will never be able to catch up also. Then you are left behind with old version fancy things while the basic browsers are strongly improved. You would realise that important popular features will be included by browsers developers and that eats away the relevant plugin market.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Users must have what they need, but don't be to fancy.

Addon developers have huge problems these days to catch up with rapid browser developments. Before they can complete one version it is phased out again. They will never be able to catch up. Open source drives development business to rocket speed.

If you depend on too many plugins, you will never be able to catch up also. Then you are left behind with old version fancy things while the basic browsers are strongly improved. You would realise that important popular features will be included by browsers developers and that eats away the relevant plugin market.

Browser popularity speaks for itself. Just look at the number of addon contributors between the two. :biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Browser popularity speaks for itself. Just look at the number of addon contributors between the two. :biggrin:

browser-market-share.png

Popularity tells the reversed of the Right to me.:wink:

In most learned things, bad things are very popular. The more useless and harmful they are the more they would get popular. IE & MS are the best examples. PAp's 66% -> 60% also told the same answer. The HUGE market is only full of silly and brainless people. They go for the MOST EASY things which needs no brains nor skills. They will gladly accept the shallowly hidden harms regardless how deep are they going to harmed and they won't give up the things that exploits them like IDIOTS, cos that's what they are.

The civilisation falsely believes in a COLLECTIVE HUMAN INTELLIGENCE, but only the opposite exist.:eek::cool:

Good honest products are the hardest to sell in this world, poisons sells like hot cakes as usual. :biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW video plugin works well in Linux these days and so does java. Parole is the video mediaplayer plugin.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
So accordingly the TABs had been improved have so called TAB GROUPS. Improved Plug-In Manager & so on so forth...:smile:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/central/

Most of the new features I don't need and I don't use. I have so far found it less irritating than 4.0 :wink: for example at sammyboy.com here some times 4.0 will pop up a dialog as I clicked something, it asked me if I want to save that php file or not.
That sucks :*::eek:.

To stop that nuisance I had to temporarily turn off javascript. But that disabled some features. :(

5.0 don't do that (so far).

This 5.0 upgrade came in time, because I already got sick of turning javascripts on & off repeatedly.

Last edited:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This 5.0 upgrade came in time, because I already got sick of turning javascripts on & off repeatedly.

Some MS plugins are redundant and slows down the browser. Useful only for power users and web developers. And they don't always come with an uninstall option. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some MS plugins are redundant and slows down the browser. Useful only for power users and web developers. And they don't always come with an uninstall option. :rolleyes:

The ONLY solution required for ALL MS problems now is to Erase Them from All DISKs, :wink: it solves ANY problem. There are so many reliable and strong alternatives all working. Just install one of the hundreds of alternatives, Linux, BSD, Applesoft, Solaris, etc mostly are FOC.

If you Internet connection is fast, any desktop / laptop / workstation /server can be completely reinstalled within 20-40mins. Full working. You don't need event to have any DVD or CD or even thumbdrive to install. You can directly install from MS or PXE.

DVD & CDs are going to become completely obsolete in 24 months. Blu-Ray never really make it also. Web & USB are the main media now.

I actually mentioned about a year ago that embedded Linux should become a part of any motherboard just like BIOS. Flash memory is so cheap. Just put 4GB or 8GB on every board. Make them directly bootable without need to add any disk. Some manufacturers are doing it, but not for every model. Asus EEE-pc are examples, Hua Wei also have some. The X-pad mobile devices are also the same in architecture. So are these mini-Net-Books.