• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN, city everywhere jam because of F1, even Circle Line exit blocked, cheebye!

GeylangCheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give the F1 back to Bernie E-something lah, fucking cheebye, divert all the buses, block the MRT exits, make me walk walk walk and wait wait wait and squeeze squeeze squeeze.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why must the majority suffer for the pleasure of the atas minority?
Actually not only the event organisers are losing money, other companies at CBD also losing money during this time. Dun worry, i dun think they will renew the 5 years contract anymore. This time is 4th or 5th liao?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng wonders if those bosses will find good valid excuses to sack those latecomers from their workplaces or punish them by unpaid overtime for 1 week.:biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no more night race for F1, sad to hear that. i was hoping this singapore grand prix can last 20 yrs.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not only the event organisers are losing money, other companies at CBD also losing money during this time. Dun worry, i dun think they will renew the 5 years contract anymore. This time is 4th or 5th liao?

Yeah, heard about that too when ferrari threatened to pull out of F1 some seasons back. Such an event can be a real nuisance to people who are not fans. In singgiland I find it stupid as it not only disturbs people's convenience, it is also a waste of taxpayers money.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give the F1 back to Bernie E-something lah, fucking cheebye, divert all the buses, block the MRT exits, make me walk walk walk and wait wait wait and squeeze squeeze squeeze.

Purpose of street race is for global audience to see the city as the cars speed around the circuit in broad daylight.
It is a visual treat to promote tourism besides the F1 cars just like in Monaco.
Australia refuse to have night race but I don't know how Bernie could con a night race out of PAP. Maybe that Iswaran prefer at night.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rain is forecast for the weekend... Time for PM Lee to take out this chili and onions...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ka6bxFw4pSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although the SingTel F1 GP is exciting and very very novel, I hope for Sg, the contract won't be renewed, the Changi Motorsports Hub completed, and 400cc modified streetbike races get underway (legally.) That way, local participation will get going - without the elites.

Cars (er, those vehicles with four wheels) should be geared for economical and practical transport.

Chees!

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although the SingTel F1 GP is exciting and very very novel, I hope for Sg, the contract won't be renewed, the Changi Motorsports Hub completed, and 400cc modified streetbike races get underway (legally.) That way, local participation will get going - without the elites.

Cars (er, those vehicles with four wheels) should be geared for economical and practical transport.

Chees!

F1 is an unashamedly elitist event, unlike NASCAR which although far bigger than F1, is one where ordinary American families get to watch easily without paying the earth.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
F1 is an unashamedly elitist event, unlike NASCAR which although far bigger than F1, is one where ordinary American families get to watch easily without paying the earth.

Totally true.

F1 and NASCAR started out with dudes whose business were in performance cars. F1 has gone wordwide with advertisements, publicity, and the accompanying soap on their participants. Even my wife read in some women's magazine who Jacques Villeneuve was dating some time back. There's a lot of merchandising in it - and it works, much to my dissappointment.

NASCAR is also market driven nowadays, but mostly US audience. Personally, I watch only because it is on TV and I won't be if there was something else I'm doing - just like soccer.

Cheers!